Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Complaint - Cartel coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Oxyplexal
07.24.2013 , 07:11 AM | #1
Complaint

Hello,

I am writing to you today as yesterday I have called again (RE #9479383) regarding the purchase of cartel coins for my account.

The first call I made to you I was told to check with my bank. I'm sorry but no! My credit card is fine. I have made multiple purchases with it daily and I know for a fact that I would be contacted by my credit card company if there was any issues. I have also made multiple online purchases with my card from other MMO games and have never had an issue regarding repeat purchases.

When I called the second time and quoted the above mentioned reference number. I was advised/mislead by the operator that the time to talk to someone in billing/accounts was 2-5 minutes, I agreed to hold. 20 minutes later from a mobile phone in Australia I have gotten through!

Upon talking to Phil I was advised that my enquiry would have to be referred to the fraud department as he could not see any issues with my account. He stated that my credit card is verified.

Now, as I am a subscriber (under revision) yes, I, the consumer, pay you $77.94 USD Billed every 180 days, its amazing that this transaction does not get questioned?!

I want to question then, the purposes or even validity of me, owning an authenticator? Why, when I log into the game, enter my details, I am then requested to enter in my authenticator access code to play this game that I pay to play for?

But wait, when I click in game for the store, then add more coins it states that another window will pop up. Funny, again when I need to enter in my details, oh dear, I need to enter in my authenticator details again!?

Seriously, I am not happy with this.

I request that this email response be formally investigated within 24 hours.

If I do not receive a response I will then enter into communication with Mastercard directly and will be looking to dispute all transactions with bioware for reimbursement for all transactions.

Morrgana
07.24.2013 , 11:40 AM | #2
I'm also still waiting for this to be fixed. Not likely it will happen any time soon though.
"Do you feel it? Do you feel the power of the dark side?"

OhDung
07.24.2013 , 05:05 PM | #3
I, as well, am also waiting for a fix to this "problem"

LaraPhoenix
07.24.2013 , 07:47 PM | #4
I had the same problem after using my credit card, which worked fine anywhere else I used it. After a long wait time and talking with SWTOR Customer Service (Billing), they too said, yes our card was verified but they couldn't use it for Cartel Coins because there was something blocking it on the card's end. I thought this highly unlikely and dismissed it as an ignorant representative, but decided, before throwing too much of a fit, to check with my bank. On the off-chance. It was on my bank's end- just for the Cartel Coin purchase attempts. Because SWTOR does a small charge first, then the real charge (essentially making sure it is an active card with available funds), the card was refusing the transaction. The bank representative said they'd clear it and verify the purchase, but couldn't promise the same issue wouldn't recur in the future unless we could get the merchant to stop the first verifying charge. So we solved it, for that one purchase, and decided not to try again. Now, whenever we want coins, we use a debit card- they work without fail.
Any weakling can kill. But dealing justly - that's a war.

Beesodd
07.25.2013 , 02:19 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Oxyplexal,

Please check your mail, you should have another response which clarifies where the issue appears to lie.

As I understand it, the reason why one payment will take and another won't is due to recurring payments being subject to different rules than "once-off" payments.

I'm not sure what the issue is with the authenticator. The measures you describe are in place to ensure that only the person in posession of the authenticator(the account owner) has access to the account functions.

Morrgana, I was under the impression that you had the account block issue (with an occasional browser loop). These issues are separate from the ones discussed here. If you can't call, then at this stage(going by your posting timeframes) your best bet is to wait 30 days without trying to make a purchase, and try again. However, calling may be necessary in case there is something else in place, as we can't discuss certain individual account details through the forum. Note that you can use a VOIP service to call if this will save some money.

OhDung, what error are you getting? Please double check the steps on this page, if you haven't already: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560862

Thanks for the post, LaraPhoenix.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Morrgana
07.25.2013 , 03:47 AM | #6
I've had the loop happening. The error. The PayPal error, and I'm unable to add a new card to my payment method. So pretty much every single error you can possibly think of.
I find it really strange that I'm locked since I haven't bought anything from your store for months. But I'll wait.
"Do you feel it? Do you feel the power of the dark side?"

Beesodd
07.25.2013 , 03:50 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Wow, you do seem to have hit an awful lot of them, alright.

The block can be put in place by attempted purchases too, which I suspect may have happened in your case.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

SuperFrosties
07.25.2013 , 04:17 AM | #8
Dear, I don't understand why I can't buy coins anymore. Last time I bought was on the 11.06.2013 and got the 500 reward on the 18.07.2013 as a sub. Please at least tell us when can I try to buy coins again, not just telling me to try tomorrow and tomorrow again. Thanks.

OwenBrooks
07.25.2013 , 04:28 AM | #9
One workaround is to purchase the cartel coin card - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DIIZ15A

I am in Australia and select my www.myus.com address to purchase, www.ship2me.com is another such place as well.

Hope it helps

Beesodd
07.25.2013 , 04:30 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi SuperFrosties,

If you're getting the "call or wait till tomorrow" message, it sounds like a block may have been triggered, if you have made a lot of attempts to purchase.

Unfortunately, we can't see the remaining time on blocks. There's not a lot that we can see or discuss in relation to billing issues through the forums, and calling is the way to get more information, to have things looked at by a billing agent.