Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, is exploiting other players allowed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware, is exploiting other players allowed?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CommanderKeeva
07.24.2013 , 08:58 AM | #21
While I couldn't care less about the Red Sphere personally, (I mean I hated the Blue Sphere too, it's Star Wars, not Tron Wars for God's sake), I think the OP makes a reasonable suggestion not to allow changing the loot rules during combat. I agree the situation he found himself in is quite unpleasant, I've seen that happen too, though not very often.

However, I believe the way the OP makes his suggestion makes him appear belligerent towards Bioware and that less confrontationally worded posts could go a long way towards making Bioware sympathetic towards his otherwise reasonable request.

There is no reason to kick in the door when we can simply knock first.

EDIT: That or add in a majority vote system every time the leader wants to change the loot rules. Then the players could decide if they want it changed or not.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

DarkDisturbed
07.24.2013 , 09:38 AM | #22
It's not an exploit, it's that simple. Because you are not entitled to any of the loot from the get-go.

MuratReis
07.24.2013 , 09:48 AM | #23
Ninja looting is part of the MMO experience. What's more, now that there are server transfers, you can start over on any server. The only thing stopping people from ninja looting is morality at this point.

Personally, if I am after a speeder drop and the group leader sets master loot, I leave the group.
''Ralph McQuarrie is the gentle giant of the Star Wars Universe.'' George Lucas

Selethar
07.24.2013 , 10:00 AM | #24
Welcome to your first class in Practical Human Behavior OP. It is not EA/BW's fault that there are people who will lie/cheat/steal from other players. I guarantee that if they changed the system to lock in rules at a group start they would get 1000 times the grief they would get over this.

Bottom line: You roll with a pug group, you take your chances

Kilora
07.24.2013 , 10:00 AM | #25
The thread certainly could've been made in a better way, with better intentions, but this is absolutely true.

A thread like this can accomplish a number of things:
  • Show BW what the general forum-goers reaction is.
  • Spread the information regarding the issue at hand. (I had no clue you could do this, prior to an earlier post about it)
  • Show BW that it is of concern to people, and why people feel that way.
  • Can foster community meta-discussion on BWs expected stance on policing what is basically a "social rule."

The only downside can be the posts that seem to be happening more recently -- where the OP feels the need to point out rule-breaking, instead of reporting as she has been told to do. It further detracts from the validity that can be found in the thread.

I actually feel that is almost the best policy, though -- /report an issue with the game, and discuss it on the forums if you feel the community should know about it, may have strong feelings about it either way, and hope that BW notices the community working together to possibly "fix" an issue and steps in to help or acknowledge what is going on.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
The Force clearly states that the sanctity of romance should be between two consenting HUMANOIDS. Maker created Adam and Eve and Steve and Thralk and Shenshu'vernia, not Adam and Muk-Muk!

CommunityDroidEN
07.24.2013 , 11:52 AM | #26 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi there!

It is our opinion this thread has run its course. As this discussion is essentially a re-posting of this topic, we will be closing this thread now, and ask that previously moderated topics are not re-created. For the official stance regarding the ability to switch loot rules during fights, please see AmberGreen's post, here:
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
After speaking with our developers about this topic, I can confirm that this is not an exploit or even a bug.
With that in mind, we invite you to constructively discuss the pros and cons of the current loot system and rules, in this ongoing thread:

Ops leaders changing loot rules mid-fight

Thanks!