Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"An error occurred updating." Patching failed, launcher broken

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
"An error occurred updating." Patching failed, launcher broken

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Neleb
07.23.2013 , 07:52 PM | #1
I've been trying again and again for the past eight hours to no avail. I start the launcher. Log in. It's fine. It downloads the patch. It's fine. Then it starts to install and it's like HELL NAW, stops itself, gives me this wonderful message - "An error occurred updating. Repair (5)"
Clicked on 'repair'. It repaired, downloaded a heap of stuff, then started installing - froze. This has happened every single time with no change. I ran in safe mode (networking) with the exact same result. Did a memory scan, no problems detected. All other games work fine.

Can give more information - in fact, let me go grab my launcher reports.
Spoiler

The above is from before I hit 'repair'.
The following is a full complete log from where patcher froze, I believe. The above was labelled launcher_20130724, http://pastebin.com/5191Rwih is labelled as launcher_20130723.
Would be delighted if the CS team could give me some input as to how to continue.

Beruthien
07.23.2013 , 08:19 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Neleb,

Could you please delete the following files in your client installtion folder:
  • swtor_main_art_dynamic_chest_tight_1.tor in the Assets folder (don't delete the Assests fodler)
  • retailclient_swtor.version
After this please reboot your computer in Safe Mode with Networking, then go to www.swtor.com/download, download the latest launcher setup file and run it over the current installation. Also please ensure that you have added firewall and antivirus exceptions for SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe. After this please try patching again.

Please come back to us if the issue remains after this.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Neleb
07.23.2013 , 08:37 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings Neleb,

Could you please delete the following files in your client installtion folder:
  • swtor_main_art_dynamic_chest_tight_1.tor in the Assets folder (don't delete the Assests fodler)
  • retailclient_swtor.version
After this please reboot your computer in Safe Mode with Networking, then go to www.swtor.com/download, download the latest launcher setup file and run it over the current installation. Also please ensure that you have added firewall and antivirus exceptions for SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe. After this please try patching again.

Please come back to us if the issue remains after this.

Thank you!

Cheers for the timely response - I did everything you listed - removed the existing exceptions and remade them just to make sure. Ran launcher, ran swimmingly, then gave me the same error and asked me to repair. Currently repairing.

Neleb
07.23.2013 , 08:40 PM | #4
Repairing 16 files.

Beruthien
07.23.2013 , 08:41 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
The fact that it is repairing is good! I just hope that the repair will not freeze on you again.

Neleb
07.23.2013 , 08:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
The fact that it is repairing is good! I just hope that the repair will not freeze on you again.
Me too. Me too.

MaximusFenix
07.23.2013 , 09:14 PM | #7
im getting this same error, attempted the same thing you suggested to naleb and im getting the same thing. its still says there are errors and its trying to repair.

darkmalices
07.23.2013 , 09:16 PM | #8
same thing is happening to me .

Beruthien
07.23.2013 , 09:18 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings MaximusFenix and darkmalices,

Could you please post your most recent Launcher logs?

Thank you!

MaximusFenix
07.23.2013 , 09:25 PM | #10
Spoiler