Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Gree are back with a new reward!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Gree are back with a new reward!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lecto
07.25.2013 , 11:26 PM | #51
Well, I'd like to give some feed back on the current set up of the event:

*I have maxed out my rep with the Gree over the last several times it has occurred, therefore it is useless for me to do most of the quests. I come down to do the Xeno fights once a week, & that is about all. That is a bit pointless as well though; moreover, I have all the weapons & mounts I need from it. I just go down to farm the Helixs just in case you guys ever put anything new in the vendors.

*I will say that it is awesome that you guys included Arcanian (sp) & Underworld as loot drops for the Xeno fight. However, only 2 pieces of loot drop for a 16 man group -- kinda lame. Your chances of getting a piece are rather slim, & I think that the amount of loot that drops should be increased -- like in TC. Do 8 man groups also drop 2 pieces of gear?

Well, that's my 2 cents.....I'd like to see the new event tough, but kudos on bringing something to the table. Good work over all, but just needs a bit of polish to make is great -- B average.

PS: When are we going to get class story expansions?
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join "Tao Covenant" today!
Twitter: @Lecto10

DidactHand
07.26.2013 , 04:21 AM | #52
Could make Gray Helix Bound to Legacy because the maximum quantity of Gray Helix which can be received from an event equally 44. Speeder cost 48.

DarkMuten
07.26.2013 , 05:33 PM | #53
Guys i have a question about this (pretty cool) event. Bioware will remove gree's npc after the second week?

Costello
07.27.2013 , 06:11 AM | #54
The Gree event has gotten old.

Mostly its people getting pissed off with being Ganked by their own faction or while they are fighting a mob. Don't know why people bother doesn't seem to get much of a reward.

Most people have maxed rep, got what items they require and for the handful of people that want the speeder at that price BIoware would be better off sticking a very similar one in the CC market and allow people to just buy it. As it stands this feels over played and well old. Why we can't see a repeat of the plague or something new. I know bounty hunter weeks are coming but that being a monthly thing is a little different anyway its more an insentive to keep subscribing to get the bonus rep each month.

Lecto
07.27.2013 , 10:11 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkMuten View Post
Guys i have a question about this (pretty cool) event. Bioware will remove gree's npc after the second week?
No, the NPCs have been there since the first event...they stay right where they are.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join "Tao Covenant" today!
Twitter: @Lecto10

_Bonez
07.27.2013 , 10:27 AM | #56
Hey BioWare video promo department. If your going to use a soundtrack that is not tailored to your video at least cross-fade the audio loop patch @10 sec.... If you don't have any1 that is able to do this I will do it for the low cost of you paying for my sub.

DarthEccen
07.27.2013 , 05:58 PM | #57
The same exact speeder... but a different color (first blue and now red) is not a new speeder. If I get two identical mustangs, and one of them is blue as opposed to red, the fact that the other is "red" does make it any more new. It's the same exact vehicle with a different paint job. The marketing team should be told that it's not fooling anyone.

DarkMuten
07.27.2013 , 06:28 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Lecto View Post
No, the NPCs have been there since the first event...they stay right where they are.
Thanks for reply I'm happy now xD.

Spyderwraith
07.28.2013 , 10:03 AM | #59
I came back to the game after a long hiatus just as the last Gree event was ending in May, So i missed getting Rep and the helix's and the whole 9 yards. I'm glad it's back for a two week period. This way i can FINALLY get legacy weapons. Although I'm not to pleased with the fact there isnt a legacy shield or focus which I just noticed now.
I personally cannot stand the PVP missions and i don't care if people call me out for QQ and how "it's not required to go to to the PvP zone" but the constant ganking by everybody is just getting on my fracking nerves just leave me the hell alone so i can do the missions as quick as possible and get the frack outta the zone. if they allow for rep items to be obtained via these missions they should include a PVE equivalent that gives you equal rep that doesnt involve going in the PvP zone. But once i get my legacy weapons I'll not do this set of dailies again. I don't care about a car nor do i care about PvP or the titles the PvP gives you. And maybe just maybe this round i can grind enough to be legend. If not i won't worry about it
Quote: Originally Posted by Anarious View Post
I have a feeling you would ring Ford to complain that one of your Bridgestone tires got a puncture, irrelevant of the fact you drive a Toyota.

Chambomorrison
07.29.2013 , 06:58 AM | #60
And it is my opinion I think you would have to put more emphasis on the design and variety of armor and lightsaber. I have thousands of difentes types of recommendations and I have to spend it. I mention this because it seems to be recurring in the game and if you do an event like Gree, the prize would be good to be more juicy.