Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a point of having PVP on PVE servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Is there a point of having PVP on PVE servers

midianlord
08.03.2013 , 09:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by enabe View Post
Ok it is a little different question why have an event that requires players to pvp when they are on a PVE server to me this is a little crazy but this is my thought i enjoy pvp in the WZ but why event have PVP on the open world on aPVE server.
Sigh...Another one.

There is absolutely nothing --NOTHING-- that "requires" you to do any world PvP whatsoever on a PvE server in this game.
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

albeva
08.04.2013 , 11:28 AM | #12
The PvP is kinda forced outside as well:
a) enemy pvp flag is on then they are yellow enemies and you can accidentally hit them and get flagged immediately.
b) group up for heroic and get flagged because someone on your team has a pvp flag

there are some people who take advantage of this and drag others into pvp who don't want that! This is the most annoying part for me.

midianlord
08.04.2013 , 04:18 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by albeva View Post
a) enemy pvp flag is on then they are yellow enemies and you can accidentally hit them and get flagged immediately.
b) group up for heroic and get flagged because someone on your team has a pvp flag

there are some people who take advantage of this and drag others into pvp who don't want that! This is the most annoying part for me.
A) Don't use AoE attacks, so that way you don't tag that stealth'ed guy trying to force-flag.
B) Kick people who are flagged, and announce in your LFG advert that you will do so.
As well, C) Wear PvP gear, so if something does happen, then you don't get nuked in 2 rotations.

The onus is on you to act to preserve your safety, mate. Doing so really doesn't require much effort.
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

VanCali
08.04.2013 , 09:40 PM | #14
The whole game is optional. To flag those of us who prefer to not PvP in an event that we would like to take part in that is 99% PVE is a bit irritating, especially when key spots are camped. Personally, I suck horribly at PVP and all it does is aggravate me.
What would Yoda do? Your butt, kick it he would!

DarkDisturbed
08.04.2013 , 09:43 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by VanCali View Post
The whole game is optional. To flag those of us who prefer to not PvP in an event that we would like to take part in that is 99% PVE is a bit irritating, especially when key spots are camped. Personally, I suck horribly at PVP and all it does is aggravate me.
Then don't enter the contested area. Problem solved.

Elly_Dawn
08.04.2013 , 09:58 PM | #16
absolutely not, there is no reason whatsoever to have PvP at all on a PvE server... i can understand manually flagging for people that wanna duel and stuff, but under no circumstances should we be auto-flagged for being anywhere on a PvE server...
a better idea would be for us to have a check-box in the options menu for "Never Flag for PvP", that way we're not denied a part of the game just because someone decides it's funny to grief other players... that way we can go in, do our thing, not be denied access to a part of the game, and not get griefed by PvP Elitists... i know that will burn the butts of the PvPers that want to force us into "PvP or get out", but we should not have just two negative options given to us, we need a positive option on the servers designated as Co-Op... otherwise remove PvE from the server descriptions cause that's just misleading...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

Scindus
08.04.2013 , 10:57 PM | #17
I swear by all that is mystical in the force.... I'm going to projectile vomit blood the next time I see someone whining about this...

-Again- For the extremely cheap seats, and with added specifics this time round...

1.) Another player killing you does not cause your head to explode or your eyes to melt irl... nor does it cause your character to fragment into scattered pixels and blow away with the wind... you lose... *drum roll* Absolutely nothing material whatsoever when you die to another player. The only thing it *does* cost is 1.) Approximately 2-3min time to rez and return to the place you were ( In the Gree Event Area ) and 2.) Possibly some pride. That is it. That is the extent of the 'OH MY GOD, I got killed in pvpv just doing my event thang in the event area, now my world is crumbling, I can't take it, the stress and strain of that pvp death has caused me to need a prescription for Xanax and Valium and I'm looking into the cost of therapy sessions!!!!!!!???? WHY!!! Why must I suffer such unspeakable acts of barbarism and cruelty at the hands of fellow players!!!!" (Sadly not that far from an actual accurate portrayal)
If your avoiding the pvp area, and the pvp missions, and someone goes out of there way to flag you so they can kill you, here is a couple protips for you. Throwing a tantrum, QQing, and whining into general chat about how they just killed you for no reason and blah blah, etc etc ( see above..) is literally only going to *encourage* the actual gankers to continue to go out of the way to try and get you flagged, so they can kill you again... and then laugh as you QQ more. Now, I don't condone this behavior, nor do I partake in it myself, but plenty do. Simple solution - Dont give a crap. Thats right, and amusingly, its really not that difficult....
Someone goes out of there way to get you flagged while your doing your pve thang in the pve zone, and then kills you.... and you... *drum roll* Res, deflag, and go back to what you were doing. Without giving a flip about it. Without you providing the QQ fuel for there amusement tank, they will very likely not bother with you again and continue on looking for someone they can get to throw a fit.
And finally.... IF, someone is actually harassing you, by following you around everywhere and attempting to cause you to flag so that they can kill you, over and over. Change instances, if that doesn't work. Report them for it, and then either switch to another char for a while, or just hang out at the base doing some crew missions, sorting your stuff, looking over your legacy and achievements, etc etc until you kill them with boredom and they move on. That is an extreme situation though, and one I have *never* personally seen happen in this game yet.

2.) To truly put the final freaking nail into the coffin of this whole "I'm totallly forced to do pvp even though I'm on a pve server, and QQ I dun wanna, but they ma***keeee meeeee because of the Rep items for the event, QQ QQ, woe is me, its so unfair, cruel and unusual treatment to my tender lil heartmeats!!" .......
This is absolutely the most pathetic bs attempt to whine about something because you want it but don't want to do what is required to get it. -Period-
And the truly funny thing is. You do NOT need it. At all. And I shall prove it.
This current Gree event was the first one I have actually been able to participate in, all the previous times it went active since I have been playing, *something* managed to come up IRL and cause me to miss it. And when I mean miss it, I mean, I wasn't even able to be online from start to finish of it. The start of this current one was the first time I set foot into that part of Ilum. I had 0, Zero, Zip, Zilch, in Gree Reputation.
I dove into it, but avoided the pvp missions because thats just not really my thing, due in part to the poor lappy I play on, but also because while I do like the choice to pvp when I feel like going at it, I am definitely more focused on pve aspects of the game.
So, having started the rep from 0 during the current active event, and without doing the pvp missions at all... I now have enough Rep tokens stored to go *beyond* Legend if that was actually possible. And that is with only 2 Alts, one of which I didn't get to 55 until second week of the event. And there was at least two days mixed along that I didn't do the dailies on one of the chars, just because I got sidetracked irl.

So... seriously people. Get a grip. Get over dying at the hands of another player, its no different than having a bad pull and dying to a bunch of mobs, except you don't have a repair bill from a pvp death...
Learn what being "forced" to do something really means....
And for siths sake.... *stop* making threads whining about how they should change the setup of pve servers, the event, or whatever, to suit your personal dramatic issues with pvp, when in reality - there is no real need for it at all.

I really, honestly and truly, hope this message has helped you to better understand the reality you share with the other people who play this game. Have fun, lighten up, and may the schwartz be with you.

Brittaany_Banks
08.04.2013 , 11:23 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by enabe View Post
Ok it is a little different question why have an event that requires players to pvp when they are on a PVE server to me this is a little crazy but this is my thought i enjoy pvp in the WZ but why event have PVP on the open world on aPVE server.
Want to know what I do when I get to the gree area on Ilum and click on the mission terminal?

Step 1) Gather all PvE missions
Step 2) Start advertising for a group to do the heroic with
Step 3) Do missions until I get a group together
Step 4) do the rest of the PvE missions
Step 5) Turn in missions and go the fook back to fleet.

No PvP required. Have a nice day.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

uniz
08.05.2013 , 08:17 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by albeva View Post

I agree with you and all of this can be prevented. for sometime I have stated if rift can have a mechanic that doesn't force flag you and you can turn it on/off then this game can have it too. when it is turned off you can not attack yellow pc targets nor heal your own faction green ones. there is no means of force flagging.

perhaps one day this will be addressed and resolved. until then report those that purposely run into your mobs trying to flag you for griefing.

Daynna
08.05.2013 , 05:22 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Elly_Dawn View Post
absolutely not, there is no reason whatsoever to have PvP at all on a PvE server... i can understand manually flagging for people that wanna duel and stuff, but under no circumstances should we be auto-flagged for being anywhere on a PvE server...
a better idea would be for us to have a check-box in the options menu for "Never Flag for PvP", that way we're not denied a part of the game just because someone decides it's funny to grief other players... that way we can go in, do our thing, not be denied access to a part of the game, and not get griefed by PvP Elitists... i know that will burn the butts of the PvPers that want to force us into "PvP or get out", but we should not have just two negative options given to us, we need a positive option on the servers designated as Co-Op... otherwise remove PvE from the server descriptions cause that's just misleading...
Sure, as long as it denies you access to the pvp areas in this game, both of them. Which means no doing the pvp labeled quests during the gree event and no access to the vendor in outlaw's den for the HK part while toggled on. I'd also go so far as to put a long lockout timer on it, 12 hours at the minimum to prevent abuse, and I'm more of a pver than pvper.