Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New seeker droid setup!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hassat-Hunter
07.26.2013 , 09:51 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by ricofico View Post
Maybe this BH hunt will bring me some TOR happiness.
If it does, they better not ruin it in a patch too

*naive hope*

Kissakias
07.26.2013 , 02:48 PM | #72
dont know if they give more % in the speeder parts, personally didnt see any change for this
but ''find something intreresting'' the 5-10 credit junk, is for the LOLs update / change
BTW after 7 hours from update till now no speeder part at all, but many ''interesting'' junks
/thread
LIKE A-Tab - Dye system (not SWTOR's)- Decorating - All items tradeable- full Cross faction chat/trade
HATE AC change - Gear Score - SWG BH system - Biolink on PickUp

Hyfy
07.26.2013 , 03:01 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
Yeah, at no point should the "something interesting" be a gray level 10 item. It's a time consuming process that should never return garbage for a successful search. I can understand not filling up peoples inventory with greens and blues, but for crying out loud there needs to be something for the time spent.
I didn't mind all the blues and greens to be honest. I'd spend time out there looking, fill my inventory, call out my vendor droid sell it off for a bit, and keep looking for speeder parts and armor pieces. While I could spend the same amount of time making more credits but for an hours worth of searching I'd still make 100-200K or so. Made it more bearable.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Hassat-Hunter
07.26.2013 , 05:27 PM | #74
You know it's funny. If they took out the mods to appease artifice-crafters, Ilum sure drops a lot of them. Blue ones. Unlike the seeker droid's green.

So if that's one of the reasons it's a classic case of right hand now knowing what the left is doing.

Noblis
07.26.2013 , 05:50 PM | #75
Every time that I get a red circle, I hear Mr. Kim (Kim Chan) from "The Fifth Element "
telling me "YOU FIND NOTHING !"
Dig for an hour, and you are lucky if you can finance the trip to the dig site.
But they don't force me to do it.
Hold up ! If we save Han now, there won't be anything for us to do at the beginning
of ROTJ !

MidichIorian
07.26.2013 , 08:46 PM | #76
Ok, the "intended" trade was supposedly that the got rid of all the "side drops" and increase the chance of good drops. Did I get that right? So how do all the gray "promising digs" fit into the equation?

It sure as hell doesnt feel like I'm getting more good digs. They did on the other hand replace the crappy green/blue finds with even worse gray ones....and got rid of all the extra hits...you know...the stuff that kept you going. I'm willing to bet that they didnt increase the chance of good hits and if they did it was only by 1-2%, to the point that it's not noticeable. It also feels like it's much harder to actually pin point the promising item, or maybe it just feels that way because every dig up until that point is a red one.

So in conclusion, BW, you need to read the manual on how to make a fun game. Everything els in this game is casual so going from handing out stuff to certain groups (read: PvE'ers who want to PvP) to adding a really annoying time sink is a pretty bold move. I don't even care about the speeder parts and other crap, I just want the armor.....but I refuse to do it if I have to spend 99 % of the time getting nothing.

Edit: Another sessions, another complete waste of time and credits. I managed to dig up 4 gray items, 5 burrowed creatures and 1 GSI boost before I called it quits. I'm starting to get seriously pissed about it.

To make things worse you might spend 2 hours digging up crap just to have someone els deplete the area. Something has to change.

Hassat-Hunter
07.27.2013 , 03:43 PM | #77
Bumping for great justice.
I sure hope tuesday's patch does something about this.

No, drop chances weren't wrong pre-2.2.3. No, no one whined about grey finds (5 sec and they're sold). No, it didn't make more money than dailies. And if people really where impatient for the speeder allow them to be added to the GTN.
No reason at all why THIS happened. And no explanation by BioWare still. Not unexpected, still dissapointing.

DAMossimo
07.28.2013 , 03:13 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Hassat-Hunter View Post
Bumping for great justice.
I sure hope tuesday's patch does something about this.

No, drop chances weren't wrong pre-2.2.3. No, no one whined about grey finds (5 sec and they're sold). No, it didn't make more money than dailies. And if people really where impatient for the speeder allow them to be added to the GTN.
No reason at all why THIS happened. And no explanation by BioWare still. Not unexpected, still dissapointing.
I agree wholeheartedly, but consider the size of and the number of participants in this thread. Seems very few people actually care about this activity; I mean, I could stand on fleet at any time of the day/night and advertise pre-2.2.3 speeder parts for sale for HOURS and not get a single response. When I did, there was a good chance someone was just bored and decided to troll me. Now, advertising speeder parts yields no responses at all.

For the most part, a large portion of the population are completely oblivious to the seeker droid missions - fair enough - but one would think this would prompt the devs to buff the rewards; not nerf the crap out of them.

In the end, it's their game to develop, but if they continue to systematically alienate small niche groups of players for no good reason it is going to come back to bite them in the keister.

Elear
07.28.2013 , 10:18 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
I agree wholeheartedly, but consider the size of and the number of participants in this thread. Seems very few people actually care about this activity;
Looking at overall recent forum activity, people either don't care about anything in game at all, or actually do care about it. At least those people that do visit forums.

Hassat-Hunter
07.28.2013 , 03:49 PM | #80
I care. I care(d) about this, I cared about space combat.

I absolutely hate BioWare seems intended to make already limited interest side-activities worse and worse. Instead of, you know, trying to make it more popular.
It's like if they add Pazaak, they then patch out red, red/blue and yellow cards in a patch after, totally ruining the game.