Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New seeker droid setup!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Limp_Newdle
07.24.2013 , 12:37 PM | #51
I initially dug for the dreadseed armor. Then i realized I was making a lot of creds on the speeder parts. Im not a crafter, and digging has been my way of getting away from the dailies, and grinding for credits. I am the only one in my guild that digs, so i have been supplying speeder parts to them all.
I have found close to 100 special treasures. And only one pleasure speeder part. So if this patch increases my chances of finding pleasure speeder parts, then im okay with it. I will also keep other speeder parts in my bank in hopes thst they become discontinued sometime, increasing value.
So hopefully seeker droid updates become more often. Maybe with new loot that u can only find digging.
Show bioware that we care about this part of the game and maybe just maybe they will listen to our concerns with it. And stop being whiners. No game is perfect.

sinnaman
07.24.2013 , 12:44 PM | #52
I had both the Explorer and Exploiter speeders and was only missing one Pleasure speeder part before the patch yesterday. Within 30 minutes of logging in I found the part I needed. I am happy that I found it but that seems a little too "easy mode" now for finding rare speeder parts. But since I have all 3 speeders now I am done anyway. I feel for those that are not enjoying the changes. Good luck.
"We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life." - C-3PO from Star Wars - A New Hope

Gidien
07.24.2013 , 03:27 PM | #53
Not sure who OK'd this new loot system for the Seeker Droid but they need a swift kick. It seems like anything that doesn't provide instant gratification is being adjusted to the point that there is no real challenge any more Some people didn't mind digging for hours on end. Needy baby, greedy baby generation.
Gidien
Misfit Squad--Misfit Brotherhood
Jedi Covenant

JattaGin
07.25.2013 , 02:29 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Transairion View Post
I depleted hundreds of zones, completed multiple sets of armor and had more Advanced 28 Enhancements than should ever be found but had less than a dozen Speeder parts of any kind total, duplicates included. That kind of random rarity was ridiculous.

Just searching today I've already found essentially half-dozen to 8 Speeder Parts already, with a way larger frequency than ever before. As someone who completed their Dreadseed set long ago (...)
Could people like you be the reason for this nerf? Players completely abusing a system like the seeker droid by spending 100 hours per day with it? Just thinking how much time you spent on this gives me the creeps (I don't mean to judge you, just adding how I personally feel about it).

I just wished BW would stop punishing the casual players for some elite players who have it all - and way too much of everything. I have one guy in my friendlist who had 3 x this Czerka cratomatic thing and he had put the spares up for 30 to 50 millions on the GTN. I didn't follow if he sold them, but this is just insane.

Then of course, the bots are also a problem, I suppose. Just like in the space missions. But why do I have to suffer for it? They took out all incentives to do space mission heroics and now they nerfed the seeker droid when I finally came to the point of starting using it - and actually kinda liked it. There must be better ways to fix such problems than just nerfing it to the ground.

Another answer could be that since the seeker droid is some sort of gambling and they realised we enjoy that, they minimise the winning chance in this game, hoping that we instead buy tons of Cartel Packs with higher winning chances. Let me quickly buy 7000 CC and get a hypercrate of the Archon.

morfius
07.25.2013 , 03:57 AM | #55
I have tried some more time.
It is stupid.
I am getting EEE (grade 10 mats) as something not interesting, and locking site with grade 9 mats.
I get a trail, use Enhancer 2 & trail simply disappear.
Most of the trails return gray 5-10 creds. items.
Maybe our luck but we (group of 3 players) have dug 3 Explorer & 3 Exploiter speeders before this change, now got less parts.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Grayseven
07.25.2013 , 06:36 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Could people like you be the reason for this nerf? Players completely abusing a system like the seeker droid by spending 100 hours per day with it? Just thinking how much time you spent on this gives me the creeps (I don't mean to judge you, just adding how I personally feel about it).

I just wished BW would stop punishing the casual players for some elite players who have it all - and way too much of everything. I have one guy in my friendlist who had 3 x this Czerka cratomatic thing and he had put the spares up for 30 to 50 millions on the GTN. I didn't follow if he sold them, but this is just insane.

Then of course, the bots are also a problem, I suppose. Just like in the space missions. But why do I have to suffer for it? They took out all incentives to do space mission heroics and now they nerfed the seeker droid when I finally came to the point of starting using it - and actually kinda liked it. There must be better ways to fix such problems than just nerfing it to the ground.

Another answer could be that since the seeker droid is some sort of gambling and they realised we enjoy that, they minimise the winning chance in this game, hoping that we instead buy tons of Cartel Packs with higher winning chances. Let me quickly buy 7000 CC and get a hypercrate of the Archon.
This is ignorance in posting at its finest.

In a couple of hours you could get all kind of finds randomly. This was bad. You could also get gear and enhancements, which was also bad. But if you were searching specifically for the speeder and DS/SF armor sets you could easily fill up your inventory in under one hour without seeing either.

Calling someone an abuser of the system for doing EXACTLY what the system was set up for...ie mindless grinding...not to mention the fact that calling someone who is willing to work for something elitist gives us all a good idea of what your view of casual really is...entitlement.

You didn't get punished, the people working for what they wanted got punished. You got rewarded because now you can go out and quickly get the speeder and armor pieces without having to put much effort in to it. The only thing you won't get is random finds that rewarded around 100k credits an hour...which is still much less than anyone can make running an hours worth of dailies.

The one overall complaint that seems to be shared by everyone is getting gray returns as a successful dig and the random loss of a site after spending 5 minutes zeroing in on it. These are valid complaints considering that these "interesting" sites are the only things that return items now.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

BobaFaceroll
07.25.2013 , 09:33 AM | #57
I will post my experience from digging last night. Hopefully someone reads this entire thread...

I spent two hours using my Seeker Droid last night. I'm down to two remaining pieces for my Star Forager set [Legs, Boots] and would like to finish. I was hoping yesterday's changes would make the process more enjoyable as it's been rather frustrating being able to dig up both sets of armor. With a string of 8 Belts on Makeb to my name before that change, and 7 Dreadseed pieces vs 1 Star Forager piece since I was hoping at the least to find more armor after the patch. That was not the case...

2 Hours digging. Mk II boost running the whole time (12 total), and Major Deployment Boost active. ~90% of my "interesting" hits were the following.

1) Gray vendor trash worth almost nothing. Rather annoying that you replaced the junk green 'interesting' finds with this trash. More annoying that it still triggers an 'interesting' item and I waste my time digging it up. This is absolutely not interesting and needs to be changed ASAP.

2) Rep items, 12 green and 2 blue. I suppose when I max my rep this will help recplace the credits lost in general thanks to the recent changes. Still, they should not be 'interesting'. These used to be a random dig up item, not something you found as a "good" result. Again, change it back.

3) Seeker deployment boosts. These used to be a rare find, and I liked that. I'd found 2 majors previously, and I liked running them to marginally speed up the process. Last night though I found 5 minor and 2 major boosts as my 'interesting' loot. Again, not interesting and yet appearing at far greater frequency than before. Why are these clogging up the 'interesting' loot table?

GAH!!! Sellable loot is almost non-existent compared to before. I used to get infrequent no loot digs, generally when I was between 'interesting' node hunts. Once I had a whiff of something interesting though most digs would produce a green result. Mostly trash, but it was something and they added up over an hour. Now I get mostly red results, even when digging near an interesting node, so a lot less cash generated while digfing. All sorts of things that are not interesting are wasting my time, and my MkII booster's limited 10 minute duration, as well.

Loot worth finding during my two hour session? 5 speeder parts, none of which were for the Pleasure Speeder. 1 piece of armor....Dreadseed Pants. That's it. If things stay this way there's no way I'm going to waste my time trying to finish the Star Forager set. Far too many "interesting" spots hunted down and dug up give you absolute garbage, and you get less armor pops than before (more garbage, more speeder parts). You also still have a chance at getting a set you don't want, and that you can't trade with anyone as a work around, or duplicate armor pieces.

This system could be fun...but it keeps getting worse and worse over time.

Elfa
07.25.2013 , 09:44 AM | #58
Bioware, you took an interesting past time and completely jumped the shark with this utterly terrible, unnecessary and mean spirited nerf.

Nice job /S
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

dscount
07.25.2013 , 10:01 AM | #59
Well I'm sad to say I was about to get onboard and start doing a LOT more Digging after the last patch.

My initial success was just as bad if not worse that my original attempt at doing this grind.

Bioware - Based on feedback I think you guys screwed the pooch on this one. Might want to reconsider you rewards table. I'm going to stop wasting time now on this (Again). Guess I don't need to learn that GSI schematic now.
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

Ryenke
07.25.2013 , 11:25 AM | #60
Sucked all the fun out of it. The little green woops when looking, hoping it would be something good, but - ok another piece of armor to RE for mats. Oh, another piece of trash - but I can sell it. I don't know how people got 100k an hour, I got more like 20 to 30 k if I stuck with it for an hour.

And now, the lost signals do make the schematic for the Mark II useless. because you zone in only to find the trail is lost.

I didn't think anything was broken except the "something interesting" was usually close to worthless. Now I did up a treasure chest and find in it 6 gems the game doesn't use anymore and 6 pieces of hypercloth worth maybe 200credits.

Yeah, unless they fix it something like before, I'm done with the seeker droid. Too bad, cause I really loved doing it as a change of pace.