Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Main assets 123 stucked at 71%

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Main assets 123 stucked at 71%
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

romeosummer
07.23.2013 , 07:19 AM | #1
I downloaded the patch via official installer and each time it is trying to install I get freezed at Main Assets ( 71% )
I tried the known workarounds from the last patch ( since I had the same issue back then ) like repairing the launcher, replacing the swtor_main_anim_creature_npc_1.tor with an older version, trying to do a clean reinstall, but nothing seems to work. I'm on Win 8 X64.
http://www.swtor.com/r/JLVGF2
(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of items, unlocks, free game time)

Beesodd
07.23.2013 , 07:23 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi romeosummer,

Have you tried disabling SWTOR Unleashed, if you use it? Did the repair find anything and try to fix files when it ran?

You mention a clean reinstall, did you use a backup or try to install again from scratch? Also, to make sure the step wasn't skipped, did you try removing and re-adding the game and launcher to your firewall and AV exceptions lists?

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

romeosummer
07.23.2013 , 07:28 AM | #3
I'm not using SW Unleashed when patching. As for reinstalling I am talking about the launcher, not about the whole game client.

Also I checked FW and AV, and nothing wrong there.
http://www.swtor.com/r/JLVGF2
(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of items, unlocks, free game time)

Beesodd
07.23.2013 , 07:34 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for clarifying.

Can you try restarting in Safe Mode with Networking, then delete the "patch" folder and try again.

If this doesn't take (it should download the 50MB again), please try a repair again, still in safe mode.

Also, try double checking that the launcher and game are in Windows 7 Compatibility mode. I don't think that's the source of the issue, but it's worth checking.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

drewiki
07.23.2013 , 08:04 AM | #5
Fixed dissabling uleashed app. ty support.