Clone Wars Cancellation,

Who else things it's bull crap that Disney cancelled Star Wars the Clone Wars? If they put it on Disney XD I would still watch it and they'd get the Disney kids and the old fans. They're loosing money on it. I want the eight seasons promised! :mad:

well they are putting a new cartoon series ot called star wars rebels what the pilot episode is to be shown at celebration Europe what promises to be just as good and it use the same team, also it gets into the era the films will be in

well they are putting a new cartoon series ot called star wars rebels what the pilot episode is to be shown at celebration Europe what promises to be just as good and it use the same team, also it gets into the era the films will be in

Its going to be catered to a younger audience, and thus, probably ****.

Ngl.

That is better than what I have heard... I just hope they gives us answers. They did leave us on the worse cliffhanger ever...

well they are going to release bonus content what should answer most questions as i know they are making new episodes for it and if thy dont they may be able to answer it in rebels e.g. ahsoka

to coorrect myself i dont think there showing a pilot eppisode i think just some teasers

http://www.starwarscelebration.eu/Whats-Happening/Events-S-Z/Star-Wars-Rebels/

I do. I admit I'm looking forward to Star Wars: Rebels and am hoping that Disney won't tone it down for a less mature audience. However I'm still furious that they cancelled the Clone Wars in the first place - a truly excellent series nearing its prime. I can only hope that somehow the story arcs of Ventress, Ashoka, Maul etc. are resolved somehow.

Really I'm trying to work out why they did it. They could have kept the show running for Season 6 and then had Rebels which would have premiered around the release of the new movies, giving it a greater hype.

I'm just hoping they didn't cancel it because they felt it didn't fit with their image - only time will tell.

I do. I admit I'm looking forward to Star Wars: Rebels and am hoping that Disney won't tone it down for a less mature audience. However I'm still furious that they cancelled the Clone Wars in the first place - a truly excellent series nearing its prime. I can only hope that somehow the story arcs of Ventress, Ashoka, Maul etc. are resolved somehow.

Really I'm trying to work out why they did it. They could have kept the show running for Season 6 and then had Rebels which would have premiered around the release of the new movies, giving it a greater hype.

I'm just hoping they didn't cancel it because they felt it didn't fit with their image - only time will tell.

I think the reason why they did it, the Clone Wars has a finite amount of time. The entire war start to finish was only 23 months.

Now if the CW was going back and forth showing different missions occurring at different times[don't watch it a whole heck of a lot, so many things I don't agree with it], then you could get a lot out of it. But if it's chronological, only so much you can squeeze out of a limited time frame.

Plus the fact there is so much canvas to be painted between ep III and IV, I personally think it's time to wrap the clone wars up and get to the forming of the rebellion.

Their betrayal will be dealt with

If the goal is to secure a younger audience for some long term plans...

Such a plan would certainly alienate the older, more loyal fans. Loyal until THAT point.

Remember, The Mouse did bring forth "Tron : Legacy" and the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise -

then the execs. wasted time wondering if Jack Sparrow was gay. Pardon me - Captain Jack Sparrow.

Edited by Noblis

I think the reason why they did it, the Clone Wars has a finite amount of time. The entire war start to finish was only 23 months.

Now if the CW was going back and forth showing different missions occurring at different times[don't watch it a whole heck of a lot, so many things I don't agree with it], then you could get a lot out of it. But if it's chronological, only so much you can squeeze out of a limited time frame.

Plus the fact there is so much canvas to be painted between ep III and IV, I personally think it's time to wrap the clone wars up and get to the forming of the rebellion.

I find that somewhat unlikely. In the end Disney is a buisness, the time frame of the EU is the lowest of their concerns. Remembering that is was Lucas himself (who is concerned with that kind of thing) who was all for a Season 6 and perhaps more. There has to be another reason.

I find that somewhat unlikely. In the end Disney is a buisness, the time frame of the EU is the lowest of their concerns. Remembering that is was Lucas himself (who is concerned with that kind of thing) who was all for a Season 6 and perhaps more. There has to be another reason.

Maybe it bumped CN views too much for Disney XD to compete.

i think that the main reason why disney cancelled TCW was probably because of contracts more than any thing else, i say this because for all of the clone wars projects that george did was with cartoon network, and CN didnt want to loss the TCW to disney and they couldnt settle on a "agreement". i am to mad that TCW was cancelled but i do have faith in disney that they will do a good job on rebels and finish the cliff hangers from TCW.