Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sage Bonus Damge using Strength instead of Willpower

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Sage Bonus Damge using Strength instead of Willpower
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Esproc
07.23.2013 , 02:49 AM | #1
I was checking out my sage and looked at the bonus Damage and was shocked to see:

Bonus Damage: 54.4 (WHAT???????)
Strength [68] + 13.7 (??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!)
Power [177] + 40.7

My Willpower is currently at 593, unlike my Strength [68] which is not a base nor required stat, and is supposed to be used for the adjustment in my Bonus Damage.

A sage uses WILLPOWER and is not a melee dps sent / guardian that relies on Strength, hello, I think by now we all know this.

So....

What have you done?
What else am I going to find on my Sorc and other characters now that I am going to be looking real hard at this idiocy that has transpired.
This is like asking neanderthalis about warped time and black holes.

Like the all too often canned responses received for in game tickets that have no relevance to the ticket in any way whatsoever. A random word picked out of the written discourse and replied upon solely out of context.

put in a game bug, but that always tells me it has been forwarded to the appropriate people, but that I should post here or there or anywhere but in game to see that the matter is know.

Now it is known and am waiting to see what happens next.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson.
One Amendment to save them all ...

cabled
07.23.2013 , 03:15 AM | #2
you're saying that 54.4 is your total bonus damage? under the force tab?

afaik there is a small component on bonus damage based on the "secondary stat" but if that's the total number you're seeing something is odd
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science

Beesodd
07.23.2013 , 03:29 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Sages and Sorcs don't get a melee damage boost from Willpower, as they are a caster/healer class. Check your Force tab for your Willpower bonus damage.

Strength always gives a melee damage boost, regardless of class. However for non-melee classes, it's usually a pretty trivial amount.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Leafy_Bug
07.23.2013 , 03:38 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Sages and Sorcs don't get a melee damage boost from Willpower, as they are a caster/healer class. Check your Force tab for your Willpower bonus damage.

Strength always gives a melee damage boost, regardless of class. However for non-melee classes, it's usually a pretty trivial amount.

Every little helps when you defeat imps in PVP with double strike . I run in them and spam double strike like a crazy person. 650 force, plenty of double strikes for everyone, no need to grab a ticket and stand in line

kharathos
07.23.2013 , 06:06 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
Every little helps when you defeat imps in PVP with double strike . I run in them and spam double strike like a crazy person. 650 force, plenty of double strikes for everyone, no need to grab a ticket and stand in line
I hear ya!! However what I love to do is add insult to injury to melee classes I whoop one on one in pvp with my sage and their last bit of health, take it away with a saber strike. More for my own amusement then to insult but it makes me chuckle all the same.

Esproc
07.25.2013 , 09:18 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post

I have checked and come up with a variety of character bonus, and surprise on my Darkness that affected no other toon, traits and am perplexed even more.

For all intent, as I noticed, Warrior and Jedi Knight, Inquisitor and Sage, Assassin and Shadow, Bounty Hunter and Trooper, and Imperial Agent and Smuggler are the same.

I have all main classes maxed and have all four buffs applied when cast: ... (using Imperial terms, but the same buffs are for Republic just named differently)
A) Hunter's Boon, BH/Trooper: Increases Endurance by 5%
B) Mark of Power, Inq/Sage: Strength Aim, Willpower, and Cunning increased by 5% and all internal and elemental damage is reduced by 10%.
C) Coordination, IA/Smuggler: Increases Critical chance by 5%
D) Unnatural Might, Warrior/JK: MELEE, RANGED, FORCE, and TECH Bonus Damage and Healing increased 5%.

Will list as Melee and Ranged Bonus Damage (B. D.), Force Bonus Damage (F. B. D.), Force Bonus Healing (F. B. H.), Tech Bonus Damage (T. B. D.), and Tech Bonus Healing (T. B. H.).

I started with the Assassin:
B. D. Strength, Willpower, Power and was surprised to see a red negative number in Skills/Buffs. <---*****
F. B. D. Willpower, Power, Force Power, skills/buffs.
F. B. H. Willpower, Power, Force Power, skills/buffs

Once I applied the buff the red negative "Skills/Buffs" became a positive number. Note that SI/Consular buff does not increase any damages, but Warrior/JK does. Sort of leaving the Assassin with a negative addition to the Bonus damages from the start.
No other character had negative Bonus Damage due to not having any of the Skills/Buffs applied.

Sage/Sorcerer:
B.P. Strength, Power <----------------------not even a main stat included (just a note as claimed per Beesodd*)
F. B. P. Willpower, Power, Force Power ...... s/b*
F. B. H. Willpower, Power, Force Power, ... s/b*

Warrior/JK:
B. P. Strength, Power, ................. There was no Skills/Buffs listed until after I applied my buff(s), and there were no negative numbers associated with the Bonus Damage like I experienced with my Darkness Assassin.
F. B. D. Strength, Willpower, Power, Force Power, ..... s/b* <-----contains Main and other stats*****
F. B. H. Strength, Power, Force Power, ... s/b*

Bounty Hunter/Trooper:
B. D. Aim, Power, ..... s/b*
T. B. D. Aim, Cunning, Power, Tech Power, .... s/b* <----------------*****
T. B. H. Aim, Power, Tech Power, ... s/b*

IA/Smuggler:
B. P. Aim, Cunning, Power, ... s/b* <------------------*****
T. B. P. Cunning, Power, Tech Power ... s/b*
T. B. H. Cunning, Power, Tech Power, .... s/b*

So in response to the non melee, yet forced into melee by pvp nerfs that affect ... oh say Stun Range knocked to 10 meters from 30 while the PvE Mobs retain full 30 stun meter range??? Or the ea fluff to Overpower cutting the dimension to a slight forward cone, but reskinning it with a "new" (blah) look, that does little against a swarm of angry mobs aggro'd by healing that forces close and personal MELEE situations. Sorry ea is too sports minded to realize what a MMO is, especially as BW created this MMO as a Story Based MMO.

Or that the "Special" attacks that have a higher Accuracy Rating are increased on all characters except the Sage/Sorcs and Agent/Smugglers even if the Agent/Smuggler does get a higher Bonus for regular Ranged attacks.

These are your numbers listed that are used and added in for Bonus Damage and Healing of melee/ranged/force/tech abilities.

So not only is the Sorcerer/Sage left short on melee, but also on Force and Force Healing.

And as for the commentators about how they pvp this that and whatnot.
pvp is a side game that is of less notice and care than rams beating their heads together.
If I want a side game, besides perhaps Pazzak, I enjoy some time out with the Space Missions. I find it enjoyable, even if it is on rails.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson.
One Amendment to save them all ...