Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LOL NiM DG Nerfed again

ExarKunxx
07.22.2013 , 06:09 PM | #21
To all those saying that the nerf is welcome, It's nightmare mode. It's not meant for you're run of the mill raiding guild to be able to clear fully. Hard mode is for those guilds.
Taero

mastirkal
07.22.2013 , 07:02 PM | #22
It's ********. There are a lot of good 16 man guilds who are trying to clear this as is and still it's getting nerfed. It's not a super hard fight as it is. It just needs coordination and a well stacked team of players. I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of DG kills tomorrow on all of our server forums... Though it shouldn't be that way.

Rahizm
07.22.2013 , 10:16 PM | #23
Man, my guild had fun trying to beat NIM DGC and it made us improve ourselves. And no we haven't beaten it yet. Why the nerf? I'm pretty sure if everyone optimizes their gear and becomes more aware during encounters that they can beat it.

I protest against this nerf, not needed and not wanted by a lot of people.

genesisization
07.22.2013 , 10:27 PM | #24
I don't get where the challenge is on killing npcs /mobs .

paowee
07.22.2013 , 10:46 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by genesisization View Post
I don't get where the challenge is on killing npcs /mobs .
hmm i do not get this kind of mentality towards PVE (in this specific game). In WOW for example, during the time i played that game , vanilla + tbc + wotlk, i dont recall seeing posts or even threads or topics discussing the ease and lol of robot killing, scripted npc fightning, PVE.

are swtor pvp players (even those who never played wow) this anti- PVE? lol.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Fiamma_Verde
07.23.2013 , 02:12 AM | #26
The challenge isn't necessarily in killing mobs, it's in getting that perfect choreography down with your teammates. It always amazes me how much harder even easy content can seem with an unskilled group.

Back on topic, I am really disappointed about this. Not so much about the reduced health (though that sucks too), but about the reduced damage. Healers don't have a lot of challenging fights, and this one was crazy fun even while continuously wiping. I guess it just seems a little uncalled for... ...

Crosan
07.23.2013 , 02:21 AM | #27
This Nerf ist just ****! Come on BW there are so less Encounters who are really Challenging and make you feel "great" when you achieve to down that Boss ! We killed DG`s pre-pre Nerf and wanted to go for timerun today but where is the Challenge with Nerfed DGs ? We have to shame wearing the title when each half-good team now can achieve it ........... Really no Good Work!
Aiyo - Operative
Fatality - T3-M4 [EU]
Watch Us! On Youtube

tman_ac
07.23.2013 , 04:45 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by OriginalTomoka View Post
Fair enough on the Thrasher points, though to me I still feel it is a nerf.

On another note, I still believe the Dread Guards should not be nerfed. Downing this fight as a Healer in 16-man Nightmare was literally one of the greatest accomplishments I felt in this game since its launch all the way back in 2011. Jarg and Sorno 16-man Nightmare was also an insane healing fight (I am sure we all remember), and Nightmare EC Kephess on 8-man right when he dropped down from the walker was also some of the most intense heals and perfection needed in the game. This fight though, the Dread Guards, just surpasses that in every way. I am sure any 8-man Healer or the like will agree that this fight changes you as a raider, a point to this day I still strongly believe. I am glad I got to experience this fight on both 8 and 16-man before the first nerf.

That being said, I wasn't too offended when they nerfed the enrage timer. The fights damage was still there, and it required a lot of focus and a lot of attention to details. Tanks had to swap perfectly, pop defensive CDs perfectly, and coordinate movement in Phase 3 down to a tee. DPS checks in 8-man and 16-man were insane. I remember 8-man videos and seeing the DPS check that those guilds put out. Again, congratulations to them. In 16-man I remember Heirad in Phase 1 hitting like a truck, Ciphas and Kel'sara in Phase 2 eating away at our Tanks, and Phase 3 making melee DPS look like professionals. Now all of it is simply taken away.

To nerf a small bug is fine, to nerf an enrage timer in the tiniest bit is fine, but to quite literally take the fight and shove a big "easy" button right into the middle of it when it took so much coordination as a guild to down this for both 8 and 16-man guilds, I feel defeated. I feel ashamed that Bioware would do something like this, and it does sadden me. Instead of nerfing it, I would have kept it the same and allowed guilds to come back after the new Operations are released with some 75 on their belt and down the fight then, but to give up now and nerf this fight the way it is being nerfed seems unreal.

This is my opinion I guess, yet I am sure many guilds feel the same way about this.
I don't get what you are talking about. They state that they slightly decreased the damage output. So what, if the DG's are doing 5% less damage, you consider this fight as a walk in the park if you're not skipping it and do the normal way, like normal progression?

My Raid Team had now like 5h in total on the DG's. The fight is challenging, no doubts. We came a couple of times to the last phase but overall you need perfect execution in this fight. In addition, when they released the nim content it was the start of summer vacations and ever since that we had one team member on vacation.

If you are not going with your main team you actually can't down this fight. So if it is a little bit more forgiving you can actually take in a replacement. However, no one knows what "slightly decreased" means for BW. If it is 10 - 20% less damage it is to much whereas 5% is okay in my opinion as the fight will still be challenging to guys in only 72 gear.
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

Anthraxal
07.23.2013 , 05:07 AM | #29
Trasher changes I consider mostly a bug fix. But DG's nerf is definitely a loss. Bioware is taking away from us what was prolly the best fight I have experienced in that game to this day (though I can't wait to discover Styrak...).

msfyoung
07.23.2013 , 05:31 AM | #30
I like difficult content, but it's a non-starter for BW or anyone else to make content that only a small fraction of players are capable of doing.

In addition if the new ops coming in 2.4 are going to need 75, then it needs to become a little more accessible.