Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emote Suggestion Thread

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Danylia
07.23.2013 , 12:58 AM | #41
First, like others here I would also love to see a set of stance emotes:

/fold - hands folded behind back. By far my most desired one, the stance Imperial Agent (and officers) take in many cutscenes, including the very first one on Hutta.

/crossarms - hands crossed on chest

/examine - character kneels down and examines the ground

/pace - character marches back and forth across a small space

And several emotes already mentioned here, like /sit, /laydown, /prone (love the idea of that one) and others.

Second, I would like to see some new "tech" emotes added, as:

/commlink - the animation used during Orbital Strike cast

/slice - virtual keyboard typing

/detonate - the detonator using animation from cutscenes

Two side notes:
- the emotes should be either one-time-only, or continuous. Playing the /detonate one in a loop would look silly, for example. Also, we already have a /surrender emote which makes your character put their hands up - but unfortunately, also in a loop (hands up, hands down, hands up, hands down ...). This emote should be continuous as well. In fact - I cannot think of any emote which would look good in a loop, save the dance ones ...

- and speaking about them, personally I think we already have more than enough /dance emotes. I realize they are popular with some players, but I am curious how many players actually use them in RP ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Last nights group finder was a mess. The short version is that two of the people were really bad but the tank was pretty good. After we called it I asked the tank if he wanted to queue up with me. He said "I'm eleven and I have to go to bed".
The one guy who knew what he was doing was eleven years old.

recoveringgeek
07.23.2013 , 01:52 AM | #42
/senseforce (Hand outstretched, or, fingers at temple, eyes closed.)

/moveobject (Hand outstretched, eyes closed.) (eg. Yoda levitating Luke's X-Wing in ESB.)

/shot (Clutch at chest, possibly stagger backward?) (eg. Leia got shot on Endor in ROTJ)

/sliced or /cut (Clutch at arm, possibly turn torso?) (eg. Vader did this when Luke sliced his shoulder in ESB.)

/banghead (Clutch top of head and crouch suddenly in pain.) (eg. Chewbacca did this in Jabba's palace in ROTJ.)

/bangknee (Clutch knee and hop?)
Jaade, Scoundrel and grizzled old-timer on Begeren Colony
~
If you don't Like A G6, then Roll A D6

BenKatarn
07.23.2013 , 02:13 AM | #43
Would be nice if /crossarms would finally work. Just saying...
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

RisenDragon
07.23.2013 , 03:15 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by THEOscott View Post
/standattation /standeasy or /armsbehindbackwhateveryouwouldliketocallit - like the cross arms one just at the back
/attenshun (spelling in context)
/atease
/paraderest
perhaps?

Seems like you're wanting military-style poses with that, and those are the three stances of standing in ranks.

ZeroPlus
07.23.2013 , 03:21 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
I'd like to see the companion dance emote reworked to be on a loop like the other dance emotes. ...
This! A thousand times this!
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Glzmo
07.23.2013 , 04:05 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowHvo View Post
Can we please get an animation for /sleep? The emote does work, but there's no animation with it. (Aka, laying down on the ground?)
Yes! Laying down on the ground and remaining there until you move (loops in the sleeping position). Same for /laydown, just with open eyes.

Also, a /sitchair emote which pulls out a chair similar to the Portable Relaxation Unit but lasts until you move (loops).

Also, a /leanwall emote where the person leans on the wall with hands crossed which lasts until you move would be great.

And yes, please make them automatically available to subscribers (all emotes should be, really) and unlockable by preferred and free to players via cartel market directly (not gambling boxes).

The current /slowclap emote could use a clapping sound.

On a related note while people are working on emotes and animations increasing the channel time of rest abilities and toys to 9999 seconds (like Parlor Dance already has) would also go a long way!

Thelios
07.23.2013 , 04:16 AM | #47
Add sounds to the emotes.
/lol " make each character laugh out loud.
/charge " let my guys scream for the republic or for the emperor
/fight " so I can tell the opposing faction I want to fight them 1v1.

Last but not least please add a character customization slot which would allow us different variations to draw our light sabers. Ex: I would press Z and my guy would hold his arm straight out at a 90 degrees and use the force to take the light saber off his belt and activate it. I have at least 10 different ways. Examples if your a sentinel or a marauder he could hold both his arms at 45 degree angle and use the force to put them in said hands. Or a mean way slowly take the light saber off his belt clutching it in his fist then activating it. Please get creative and add things to this amazing game.

AlrikFassbauer
07.23.2013 , 04:16 AM | #48
Is the /facepalm already in ?

Quote: Originally Posted by Thelios View Post
/lol " make each character laugh out loud.
I could imagine a /giggle with having the giggle sounds from the Scoundrel.

And, besides, I want to have Emotes to be placeable on the fast access bar, the Companion Dance can already be used this way ( and it is imho faaaaaaaaar too short ! ).
<S-key to victory> Because quad wheel is always better than dual wheel.

Paokzu
07.23.2013 , 04:56 AM | #49
How about some interactive emotes? Take /handshake as an example and build off of it.
"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die."
http://www.cracked.com/blog/understa...ario-brothers/

Glzmo
07.23.2013 , 05:21 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Paokzu View Post
How about some interactive emotes? Take /handshake as an example and build off of it.
Oh, yes. Interactive emotes like /handshake, /hug, /kiss, /console and others would be great. Perhaps even add a prompt if you want to accept one or not.