Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emote Suggestion Thread

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GalnarDegana
07.22.2013 , 03:33 PM | #11
How about a fancier flourish emote? Or /showoff. I want something where I am all Old West gunslinger with my pistols, or where I do some really fancy moves that make the sentinel's blades a wall of light.

Just want something more impressive than /flourish (which seems lackluster).

Jawstheshark
07.22.2013 , 03:35 PM | #12
I would say my biggest desire is around emotes that have your character talk and animate.

Given the added work for such things, I am cool with them being CM items

After that, would be the ability to create and save custom chat-text only emotes for myself.

a-madman
07.22.2013 , 03:37 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowHvo View Post
Can we please get an animation for /sleep? The emote does work, but there's no animation with it. (Aka, laying down on the ground?)
Yeah you need to add animation onto /sleep
LVL 55 Vanguard x 2 LVL 55 Commando LVL 55 Sage LVL 55 Shadow LVL 55 Sentinel LVL 55 Guardian LVL55 Scoundrel LVL 55 Powertech LVL 55 Sniper LVL 55 Assassin And some other toons that get forgotten about

Jerba
07.22.2013 , 03:43 PM | #14
Some emotes to interact with our vanity pets would be great! Examples:
/stroke
/feed

Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Gangnam Style dance emote!
We already got that emote with the recent pack. Just look up /style on the GTN.

Magnusheart
07.22.2013 , 03:45 PM | #15
1. /Sleep a real sleeping emote.

2. WORKING /FLOURISH THAT DOESNT PUT THE WEAPON AWAY, AND IT MAGICALLY GO THROUGH OUR BODY TO OUR HAND AFTERWORDS I don't like seeing my lightsabers go through my hips and my assault cannon go through our body.

3. a REAL /meditate (Using the animation of the JK heal)

4. /pushbutton Makes your character look like he is using a comptuer. so RP wise we look like we are using a data terminal.

5. /dread A Dread Master themed emote. preforms an evil laugh and a purple eyeglow

6. /pace Pace back and force like the sith inquisitor heal emote.

7. /9000 use a Scanner (like the C.M. one but not needed to preform the emote) you take it off and break it with a shocked facial expression.

chuixupu
07.22.2013 , 04:02 PM | #16
How about

/laydown

Why is this not in the game yet?

Also,

/gasp

/thumbsup and /thumbsdown having an actual animation rather than just text.
I'll add more as I think of them.

It would also be nice if there were more vocal emotes. Having your character actually say "you scruffy nerfherder!" would be awesome.

ps, isn't there already a gagnam style emote? Isn't that the "stylish dance" one?
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

idnewton
07.22.2013 , 04:10 PM | #17
I'd like to see flourish work for all weapons (including electrostaffs, as it currently does not), and I'd like to see new versions of flourish, different animations for each weapon. Would also like to see a force flourish sort of thing, similar to /inquisitor but longer (and of course, dependant on class instead of weapon) Tech users could show off their tech (double flame throwers, etc).
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 Dread Fortress PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

wishingwell
07.22.2013 , 04:42 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowHvo View Post
Can we please get an animation for /sleep? The emote does work, but there's no animation with it. (Aka, laying down on the ground?)
Honestly, I'd like working animations for any/all of the un-animated ones we currently have. More vocal ones would be great too. I would also like to stress that making emotes available directly and not part of a cartel pack would be incredible. Seriously guys, we need some more direct purchase stuff. Many of us are willing to spend our coins this way.

I also like AlexDougherty's silly idea for a /fonz emote. Probably couldn't call it that, but the idea is so goofy I can't help but want it now. Magnusheart's /dread emote is also a good idea, but for obviously different reasons.

Some more instrument ones would be nice.

Something for /afk would be interesting... maybe standing there sipping a drink, or fiddling with a toy/screen of some sort, or, like someone else mentioned, sitting on the refresher.

Some others I'd like to see..
/kick (just use the kick-in-the-junk animation already in game -- and no, I don't mean kick from group)
/boo or /scare
/rofl
/thinking (a little holo-thought-bubble would be cute)
/rakghoul (a little hop and a moment of rakghoul posture... rawrrr clawhands)
/handstand
/whistle
/drunk (a little stumble and some floaty drunk bubbles)
/scold
/grumble
/sneak or /sneaky (maybe a "shhhh!" and that cartoony tiptoe posture)
/hattip (just the hand motion, for a polite hi/bye/thanks/etc. emote)
/crazy (as in "you are crazy")

Ludwig_VanCover
07.22.2013 , 04:49 PM | #19
I want the infamous /soon!

[LUDWLG] /soon

Ludwlg assures you that it is coming soon (TM).
░▒ General Ludwig VanCover - The Army of Light ▒░
░▒ "The Time is Always Right to Do What is Right." ▒░
Acting Grandmaster of The Army of Light | Recruiting Tanks, and Healers
Commando Healer Extraordinaire - TEH Server

Jazshen
07.22.2013 , 05:04 PM | #20
Oh oh oh! Just my sort of thread request as an RP'er

Emotes that are already in the game that need animations!
/meditate - I'd love to see this as an actual proper kneel down and meditate. Our Jedi/Sith characters do this soooo many times in our story, yet we can't do it as a physical emote

/sleep - No brainer. Need to actually lie down when sleeping.

/crossarms - I would give a kidney for this emote. The /crossarms pose is one of my favourite in game poses and yet again, we can't use it outside of a cutscene If you put this in also, please keep it so that the pose stays until cancelled, rather than being a weird loop like /ponder. (if /ponder could be changed to stay in the hand-on-chin pose that would be awesome)! Make it paid if you want, just let me CROSS MY ARRRRRRMS

New Emotes for the Cartel Market
Form Poses.
I would happily pay 1000 cartel points to get this on my Sith/Jedi characters. /ataru? /shiicho? /makashi? /juyo? YES PLEASE. Again don't loop em, let the character stay in the stance until cancelled. Wonderful tool for ****** screenshots/RP moments.

The non-Force classes would need something to balance out though admittedly. Maybe various gun poses? /reload, /aimsights, /hipshot /scope (as in, sniper scopes through their sights), resting a hand on the gun but not drawing it, twirling guns, sidewards posing because why not ...stuff which would look cool.

Adding onto /crossarms, maybe /walllean? That might be weird if you don't position your character right, but I soooo wish this was a possibility.

Another version of flourish that carries out a series of attack moves; soething obviously aggressive. For example - a one-handed saber user carries out a Makashi salute, a dual-blade wielder shows off an impenetrable fan of blades; a sniper takes aim and loses a few shots; a Gunslinger shows off a few fancy tricks...things like that.

Maybe some physical non-weapon moves are in order too! I love that crazy 360 kick that some Force-users do (e.g. Jedi Knight Interrupt). /roundhouse, /tumult ....that would be kinda cool.