*** is rage better that vengeance?

TwistedTony

ive bee doing parses with both rage and vengeance on the dummy, and they'reboth equal. the problem with this isthat rage has MUCH better aoe. So with fights where there are lots of adds, rage pulls away. So with both having equal single target dps, and with rage having better aoe, what the hell is the point of rolling vengeance? as someone who hasbeen vengeance since launch, I'm pretty pissed off.

It really depends upon the Juggernaut's role within a group. When I run Vengeance with my guild, my job is not AoE, it's sustained damage on the boss, and in that role, I am right up there with our Marauder. If you were able to quantify skill and find two players that were exactly equal in skill, one Rage and one Vengeance, the Vengeance player would do better damage to their primary target for most fights - Dash'roode really being the only absolute exception here. The Rage player would have higher total parse numbers for many fights, but would lag behind on boss DPS.

There are obviously some exceptions (Dash'roode being 1, Thrasher adds being the other, though in favor of Vengeance)., but by and large Vengeance should parse higher against single targets. If you are consistently parsing just as high with Rage, then you are simply better with the Rage rotation than you are with the Vengeance rotation.

Yeah, like Lift said I think the only times adds should be in the conversation is Dash'Roode, where you don't have to leave the boss in order to still provide phenomenal AoE DPS. In other cases, your rDPS should be handling adds anyway since they have the ability to switch targets effortlessly and most adds don't have a significant enough health pool to justify mDPS switching to them.

Vengeance absolutely has higher single target potential than Rage. That's why 4 of the top 5 parses are in Vengeance and the highest Rage parse has a ridiculous crit rate. Rage has the benefit of not being as RNG reliant, so it is somewhat easier to optimize because there are not as many variables to consider in situations.

I will say though, you would be amazed by Vengeance's AoE potential when there are 4-5 adds.

Rage is just as reliant on RNG as Vengeance - just in different ways. If Rage has horrible crit rates on non-smash abilities, its DPS (particularly ST) is going to be on par with what you typically see out of Assassins.

Vengeance needs Rampage procs - it doesn't need high crit rates. Rage needs good crits on abilities other than Smash to even compare for ST damage.

I will say though, you would be amazed by Vengeance's AoE potential when there are 4-5 adds.

If only the ranged would leave them alive past my first S.Slash. :mad:

Rage is just as reliant on RNG as Vengeance - just in different ways. If Rage has horrible crit rates on non-smash abilities, its DPS (particularly ST) is going to be on par with what you typically see out of Assassins.

Vengeance needs Rampage procs - it doesn't need high crit rates. Rage needs good crits on abilities other than Smash to even compare for ST damage.

If only the ranged would leave them alive past my first S.Slash. :mad:

Right, but that's what I was referring to. Without the Rampage procs Vengeance becomes an entirely different spec to play and utilizing filler and managing rage becomes much different as you know. Rage remains the same regardless of whether it gets a good run of crits or not so it's "easier" to learn/optimize.