Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR doing this?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xooey
07.22.2013 , 05:35 AM | #1
I just built a new computer and reinstalled SWTOR (twice now), and ran the repair function. I have this dial over my character - it also shows up in load screens and character select. Is this something SWTOR is doing, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

http://imgur.com/FveaINA

Thanks for any assistance,
Xooey

Acupuncturist/Slashionista

Beesodd
07.22.2013 , 05:38 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Xooey,

This is a new phenomenon for me, so it looks to be outside the game. Please try turning off any overlays that you have active.

As mentioned, I'm not familar with this myself, but perhaps any other players who have seen this can point you in a more specific direction.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Rabbarabba
07.22.2013 , 05:51 AM | #3
It looks like the clock i had in a bar on the right side of my desktop, when my laptop was new. Like an APP bar. If thats it, turning that bar off -should- fix the problem. Don't know the name of what to look for, though. Sorry

Rabbarabba
07.22.2013 , 05:59 AM | #4
Found it, Gadgets. Find the options by right clicking desktop and clicking "Gadgets".

If thats the problem anyway.

magecutter
07.22.2013 , 06:57 AM | #5
looks a bit like a compass rose. do you have your mini-map turned off? try turning it on ( interface editor ) then ctrl + U twice. no idea if it will work and have never seen anything like it before (sry 'bout that )............. very weird glitch that's for sure -

edit: sniper scope? it does look like an in-game artifact. if it shows up in char select and load screens... do you have any programs running in the back ground ? ( other than normal system resources ).

also, I've seen CS recommend deleting the char file in some situations though I have no idea if that might help. however, it's best if CS makes that call not me.

Xooey
07.22.2013 , 09:58 AM | #6
At this point I think it's on overlay created by the ASUS Catalyst Control Center - going to troubleshoot more when I get home from work.

MSchuyler
07.22.2013 , 12:41 PM | #7
Might not be relevant, but just in case. This is right where the gold question mark appears in game. On mine, the round circle of the question mark, though not as large, will appear on all screens, inappropriately overlaying whatever is there. I right click to make it go away.

Xooey
07.22.2013 , 05:28 PM | #8
Found it - it was a program called "Sonic Radar" that game with the ASUS package, enabled by default. Apparently used for first person shooters.