Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Man of Steel 2 WILL include Batman

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Man of Steel 2 WILL include Batman

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
07.20.2013 , 03:27 PM | #1
Check it out>

I am one of the few people who was not overly fond of the BaleKnight trilogy outside of the first film so, I kind of hope that it is not THAT Batman that shows up.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
07.21.2013 , 12:13 PM | #2
I hated the Dark Knight trilogy for the exact same reason I loved Tim Burton's movies.
I don't understand why in the past few years movies based on comic book superheroes, have to be like we are watching them talk to their shrink.

I blame Spiderman 2 for that, though, and its "to be or not to be" focus.
Before Spiderman 2 all superhero movies were simple, fun and entertaining. If I wanted to watch a movie with sociological and psychological undertones, there are plenty of good movies out there to watch.

Which is why I look forward to Kickass 2.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Gamman's Avatar


Gamman
07.23.2013 , 08:12 AM | #3
I am so excited for this Superman/Batman film. Ever since I heard about it during Comic-Con, I can't stop thinking about it. I've been reading articles about it, and watching YouTube videos about the news, as well as footage of the announcement. People went nuts during that announcement in Comic-Con.

Man... but it's 2 years away (2015) before the movie releases. Along with Star Wars 7 and Avengers 2, I just can't wait for 2015 to get here!
Force Watch |Force Supremacy - The Ebon Hawk Server
Gamman Levenforth - Jedi Guardian
Miko - Scoundrel | Fronnia - Sage | Roanna - Commando
Neverus - Juggernaut | Zexana - Sorcerer | Kalmer - Sniper | Guuno - Powertech

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
07.23.2013 , 10:12 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Gamman View Post
I am so excited for this Superman/Batman film. Ever since I heard about it during Comic-Con, I can't stop thinking about it. I've been reading articles about it, and watching YouTube videos about the news, as well as footage of the announcement. People went nuts during that announcement in Comic-Con.

Man... but it's 2 years away (2015) before the movie releases. Along with Star Wars 7 and Avengers 2, I just can't wait for 2015 to get here!
2015 is gonna be nuts for movies. I imagine that Star Wars will release in May and own the spring. Avengers will release in and own the early-mid part of summer and MoS2 will cap the summer.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Darth_Moonshadow's Avatar


Darth_Moonshadow
07.24.2013 , 10:30 PM | #5
Knowing DC, it'll be "Batman: The Movie that also has Superman in it, but the majority of the film will be focused on Batman because he is awesome and dark and mysterious cool".
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Knightsire's Avatar


Knightsire
07.26.2013 , 08:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
I hated the Dark Knight trilogy for the exact same reason I loved Tim Burton's movies.
I don't understand why in the past few years movies based on comic book superheroes, have to be like we are watching them talk to their shrink.

I blame Spiderman 2 for that, though, and its "to be or not to be" focus.
Before Spiderman 2 all superhero movies were simple, fun and entertaining. If I wanted to watch a movie with sociological and psychological undertones, there are plenty of good movies out there to watch.

Which is why I look forward to Kickass 2.
Nolan's films were more grounded in reality, which I thought was really nice to see because comic book movies are usually cheesy, over-the-top, cliché, and extremely shallow. I liked Tim Burton's films as well, but I don't read (or care about) the comics and the Nolan movies provided a really nice portrayal of Bruce Wayne's perspective and little glimpses into his mind, which I find really fascinating.

I thought Man of Steel failed to do as good of a job at introducing Superman/Clark Kent within the story of the film. I would've like to have gotten to know him better, but the whole movie was a series of action scenes with no room for much character development. At least Nolan took his time introducing Bruce Wayne and provided some back story that makes you care about the character.

I hope the Superman sequel explores more about who he is and what is going on inside his head because I really don't like him much or at least I can't really find a reason to cheer for him yet.

Niklarus's Avatar


Niklarus
07.26.2013 , 01:19 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
I hated the Dark Knight trilogy for the exact same reason I loved Tim Burton's movies.
I don't understand why in the past few years movies based on comic book superheroes, have to be like we are watching them talk to their shrink.

I blame Spiderman 2 for that, though, and its "to be or not to be" focus.
Before Spiderman 2 all superhero movies were simple, fun and entertaining. If I wanted to watch a movie with sociological and psychological undertones, there are plenty of good movies out there to watch.

Which is why I look forward to Kickass 2.
I think that superhero movies today have reached the same "dark" stage that superhero comics reached, oh, about 20 years ago. TV Tropes, which I'll resist the urge to link to, would categorize it as True Art is Angsty. Basically, everything in modern superhero movies has to be grim and gritty in order to "keep it real" and garner critical acclaim and coolness points. Oscar bait horse manure.

Yeah, it's not my cup of tea, either when it comes to this genre.

In trying to make Superman into someone the viewers/readers can "relate" to, the writers have forgotten that the core of Superman's appeal rests on two pillars. The first is simple escapist wish fulfillment as categorized by all the amazing things he can do. Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! The second is that he's incorruptible. He will ALWAYS choose to do the right thing and, even though his power would allow it, he will never give in to temptation and go on a conquering/destructive tear through human society. This makes him someone we can safely look up to and try to emulate as he'll never let us down. He's the ultimate nice guy and he does what only he can do with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye. That's what makes him freaking SUPERMAN and that's what the writers need to remind themselves of with every page of script they type.
Please support a Robust Chat System.

Referral Link

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
07.26.2013 , 01:56 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Niklarus View Post
I think that superhero movies today have reached the same "dark" stage that superhero comics reached, oh, about 20 years ago. TV Tropes, which I'll resist the urge to link to, would categorize it as True Art is Angsty. Basically, everything in modern superhero movies has to be grim and gritty in order to "keep it real" and garner critical acclaim and coolness points. Oscar bait horse manure.

Yeah, it's not my cup of tea, either when it comes to this genre.
That's what bugs me most.
I'm not saying superhero movies need to be dumb, with no script and just beautiful people running around in costumes for 2hrs.

But superhero movies have reached a point where you could safely make an Analyze This / Superhero movie crossover because what all superheroes really need at the moment is a good shrink.

The whole point of comic books is escapism. Why would you ever want to show us the superheroes in their worst moments when there are so many great stories that do not feel like you're watching Lorenzo's Oil?

Plus, if they wanted darker graphic novels, there is Sin City, V for Vendetta, Fahrenheit 451, Preacher, Sandman etc...

Quote: Originally Posted by Niklarus View Post
In trying to make Superman into someone the viewers/readers can "relate" to, the writers have forgotten that the core of Superman's appeal rests on two pillars. The first is simple escapist wish fulfillment as categorized by all the amazing things he can do. Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! The second is that he's incorruptible. He will ALWAYS choose to do the right thing and, even though his power would allow it, he will never give in to temptation and go on a conquering/destructive tear through human society. This makes him someone we can safely look up to and try to emulate as he'll never let us down. He's the ultimate nice guy and he does what only he can do with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye. That's what makes him freaking SUPERMAN and that's what the writers need to remind themselves of with every page of script they type.
Agreed 100%
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic