Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Abbreviations

mikeyboii
12.17.2011 , 02:36 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Rezo View Post
The term Zerg comes from Starcraft 2 and it means (here and everywere) a massive amount of people agaist something. Think about 100 people vs one boss or something like that.
Thankyou, updated.

Thankyou all for your posts

If you have any more Frequently used and more widely known, I would love to add them to the list.
๑۩۞۩๑ Michael Mansour ๑۩۞۩๑
EX VOTOS - OCEANIC HARDCORE RAIDING/PVP & THEORYCRAFTING
WANT TO BE APART OF A PROFFESIONAL TEAM? RECRUITMENT IS OPEN
JEDI CONSULAR GUIDE - TELEKENETICS

KazdamRass
12.17.2011 , 02:43 AM | #12
Sick post man, im bumping and bookmarking .. Can a Mod Sticky this plz aswell

mikeyboii
12.18.2011 , 04:05 AM | #13
Thankyou, would be nice if I knew how to get this stickied :P

Previous JC Sage thread was stickied.
๑۩۞۩๑ Michael Mansour ๑۩۞۩๑
EX VOTOS - OCEANIC HARDCORE RAIDING/PVP & THEORYCRAFTING
WANT TO BE APART OF A PROFFESIONAL TEAM? RECRUITMENT IS OPEN
JEDI CONSULAR GUIDE - TELEKENETICS

Jiminimonka
01.17.2012 , 05:39 PM | #14
Nice list, don't know if it applies to Op groups only but /dismiss does nothing when in an Op Group. Haven't tried it in a party.

Attoy
01.17.2012 , 05:47 PM | #15
I don't know if you wanna add /tell [playername] and /whisper [playername], they do the exact same thing. Also /reply , it reply to the last player sent you a tell/whisper.

imtrick
01.17.2012 , 05:49 PM | #16
A few errors in the "raids" section. They're not raids in this game, they're ops. And you mention 13 instead of 16.

"Operations" should probably also be added to the terminology section because it might not be obvious that ops are raids.

And, just as a thought, this might be better stickied in the new users' forum than here, IMHO.
Taint & Rough Trade - tart.enjin.com
------Casual and Hard-Core, 18+ GLBT Sith & Republic Guilds------
Part of the game-spanning Rough Trade Gaming Community

priest
01.17.2012 , 05:53 PM | #17
Thanks for this. you answered my question on one that I didn't know...

Gracias!!!
╬╬█]∎⌉()[█][\▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╬┌ị∈-⋂Dị ∃ị└∈▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

DarthBiz
01.17.2012 , 05:56 PM | #18
it's a useful compilation of terms for noobs, but I've never heard anyone use most of your advanced class terms. Guad? Mer? Sco? o_O

lentWolf
01.17.2012 , 05:59 PM | #19
Just wanted to clarify 'Twinking' - generally, in most MMO's (because TOR has many level locked items, suppose it could be different), 'twinking' refers not to necessarily getting the best gear at your level, but to push yourself into gear normally intended for higher levels.

E.G. If I were level 10 but had level 13 gear, you might say I was a 'twink' or had 'twinked' into that gear, as most level 10's are going to use level 10 or 11 gear. Twinking is normally applicable when you say, use buffs, items, armor, gear to 'ladder' your way into higher level gear. It's usually more expensive than just using regular gear as you progress, and often takes more time.

So far, due to a lack of buffs and nearly everything being level locked (even mods), I haven't really seen any 'twinking'. The closest thing I've seen is getting all blue/purple items, etc, but I don't consider that twinking as it's stuff that you can easily obtain with normal looting/crafting, and only gives you a couple level's worth difference in stats.

Just my two thoughts. Also, noone I know of uses 'OS' ingame - nor have I seen it used. I've seen offspec written out, but since OS is often used as 'operating system' and describing system specs, most people tend to shy away from using it in TOR's context. If you ask in chat "Hey, what's your OS?" I'm going to say "Windows 7 Ult," - not "Oh, my offspec is X"
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers." ~Francois Fenelon
TheSeraph, [For the War] Executive Council

Whitesmokes
01.17.2012 , 06:07 PM | #20
FP = Flashpoint

atleast thats how ive seen it used in swtor
If it wasnt for WoW, i wouldnt be playing this game.