Sage DPS or Vanguard DPS?

Vedakai

Ok so i leveled my sage to 25 originally leaning towards the healing role but i'm having a hard time lvling as in killing the mobs so i decided to be DPS. My concern is will i be viable as a Sage DPS endgame and can do HM and SM ops and maybe NM? I also got a lvl 23 Vanguard i didn't use for a long time and for me i really like the story though the role that i can go for is only Tank and Dps. I've read lots of thread saying DPS Vanguard sucks though some say it's still ok. My concern is also like the Sage DPS am i viable endgame? Which one gives more DPS?

Sage DPS is perfectly viable in end-game content! I don't have one myself, but I've run with numerous sage dps, and they're quite good. Sage DPS is higher than Vanguard, I think, though don't quote me on that. I would advise you to level your vanguard as a Tank though, and learn how to tank, because there is always a lack of tanks at endgame, it seems like. However, don't let that put you off of playing the spec that you want to play. Don't just play a spec because "it's the best." Play it because you want to play it.

Have fun leveling! :D

Sage DPS is perfectly viable in end-game content! I don't have one myself, but I've run with numerous sage dps, and they're quite good. Sage DPS is higher than Vanguard, I think, though don't quote me on that. I would advise you to level your vanguard as a Tank though, and learn how to tank, because there is always a lack of tanks at endgame, it seems like. However, don't let that put you off of playing the spec that you want to play. Don't just play a spec because "it's the best." Play it because you want to play it.

Have fun leveling! :D

i already have a lvl55 tank that is a Guardian so it wouldn't be wise to role another tank. Is the Sage DPS also viable for Nightmare ops?

• 2 weeks later...

I find there are to many Damage Role Players on this game, everytime I see numerous on my server say looking for Tank or Healer for a while because the majority of the game is only interested in the easy role of damage and then the numerous Damage disrespect the Tank and /or Healer for being usually being undergeared.

But anyway the Sage is a Viable Damage Dealer for Hard /Nightmare Operations. The Vanguard is A Great Tank to go with and a Viable Damage Dealer but normally better to be used when you know you can do it or have some to carry a slight bit in the Harder Operations.

I have a ptech and a sorc dps , both at 55, the mirrors for vanguard and sage.

Both are geared about the same. DPS in a raid environment is similar, with the powertech (hybrid spec) pulling ahead of the sorc(lightning or madness) on dps numbers alone. However the sorc gets a bit of an advantage on being ranged (and thus ignoring melee mechanics) and having better defensive cooldowns. Both are viable if you aren't bad.