Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loving these arenas!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Loving these arenas!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jherad
08.05.2013 , 08:37 AM | #41
Awesomesauce. Thanks.
Zacharοah - Commando / Chasso, Aargh - Merc
The Twinkletoes Legacy
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

ninjonxb
08.05.2013 , 08:42 AM | #42
Last we heard it is expected next week. I would have no problem it was sooner, but there was another update recently:

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Alex's blog never had a publish date just a target, so it couldn't really be pushed

The blog will not happen this week for sure. Based on our current process of review and whatnot, we are targeting for it to hit the week of August 12th. Now it has a publish week so you can yell at me if that changes.

-eric

TUXs
08.05.2013 , 09:50 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post

The blog post will answer a ton of questions but I know it will generate plenty as well, so once the blog gets posted I'll be in the accompanying thread answering all the questions I can.

Cheers!
Thank you Alex - that's awesome to offer this upfront!
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Envyyyyyyy
08.05.2013 , 09:51 AM | #44
I'm so ready for answers, news, insight, teasers etc...

Also......... since 2.3 is dropping soon, doesn't that mean that 2.4 will go on the PTS?
Vital (Shadow) Mondavi (Guardian) Midnight (Sage) Lavado (sorcerer) Enviously (Vanguard) Avaya (Operative) Anderson (Sentinel)
Thats No Moon (Founder / GM)

TUXs
08.05.2013 , 10:02 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Envyyyyyyy View Post
Also......... since 2.3 is dropping soon, doesn't that mean that 2.4 will go on the PTS?
I wouldn't expect it to hit Test for another 2-4 weeks.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

sabrezzz
08.05.2013 , 10:28 AM | #46
How about a mercenary queue like call of duty has. for those who don't know Call of duty they have a mercenary queue that is for solo players only no teams. it would be a total pug queue where you could play without having to go up against any kind of premades. it would be great for lowbie war zones too where you wouldn't have to contented with lvl 50-54 4 man premades when your queuing in the low teens. nothing stinks more then going up against a skilled and geared premade while your in a pug. that's when the name calling and the rage quits starts and instead of working together to try and conquer the premade your stuck getting killed. If you have ever said in a wz "that this is the worst group ever" well know matter how good you think you are your part of that group. A mercenary solo queue would solve some of theses problems now people are still going to cry no matter what you do. but this would be nice for lowbie and non ranked pvp .

idnewton
08.05.2013 , 11:23 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Thank you Alex - that's awesome to offer this upfront!
Indeed, communication and question answering can only be beneficial.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

himhatersme
08.05.2013 , 03:20 PM | #48
Just pinged the powers that be for an update myself! I want to get it out just as much as yall want to read it so I'm eagerly awaiting its posting just as much as yall.

The blog post will answer a ton of questions but I know it will generate plenty as well, so once the blog gets posted I'll be in the accompanying thread answering all the questions I can. Looking forward to yall reading pouring over the details and your feedback.

Cheers!
Way to not answer the question. You should consider a career in politics.

Strumpan_SWE
08.05.2013 , 07:08 PM | #49
Glad you like the artwork! We are pretty happy with them as well

As for your question, I am writing up a blog post today (it won't be posted until next or or possibly the week after because it needs to be translated and rubber stamped by my bosses and their bosses and their bosses bosses and their.... you see where this is going :P) that will explain this aspect of Warzone Arenas and more! Sorry for the tease but it's an in-depth answer and best to keep all the where, whys, and hows in one place.

Cheers!
what? o.O

we get a dev post on this?!?
[Lightsaberhilt]----------------------------------------------

Quote: Originally Posted by Biggrouse View Post
7/10. it's a great lightsaber.
Quote: Originally Posted by SandmanJoe View Post
In the late 70's there were no VCRs, that's a blue ray player for anyone under 13 LOL.

DeadDogBarking
08.05.2013 , 11:04 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by himhatersme View Post
Way to not answer the question. You should consider a career in politics.
No it is because of insults and attitudes like this when someone is trying to help and do their job that makes the powers that be keep their mouth shut. Of course I assume you are probably on a PVP server (or should be) - way to represent.

thank you Alex for giving us feedback