Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loving these arenas!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Loving these arenas!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kamansus
07.21.2013 , 10:08 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
Please for the love of all things holy say they will NOT be bolstered!!
I'm fine with them bolstering arenas. Arenas are a stripped down contest of skill, and the best team will win even if bolster keeps the gear levels similar (and fair). Bolster would also allow more casual players to experience arenas in the lower brackets without having to do the WZ grind first.

So yeah, don't care.

Darkshadz
07.21.2013 , 01:54 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
Please for the love of all things holy say they will NOT be bolstered!!
They said that arenas will be bolstered. I'll link Pistols thread about it, hold on.

Quote:
Bolster: In a nutshell, they are very aware of player concerns about Bolster, unhappy that they didn't get it working properly fast enough, and they plan on very much keeping it around. Bolster will in FACT, be applied to Arenas as well. I also asked why they decided to use Bolster as opposed to a more legit Recruit Mark III set, and essentially they felt too many fresh 50's (at the time) were simply not using it period. I was little irked at that, since tbh that's on the player, and others shouldn't be penalized for a drooler, but they felt if Bolster is applied then all parties would be essentially benefit for the better. They are continuing to improve Bolster, are aware of some issues that are still live, and as I said are very much committed to making it work. IMO, and I think many others agree, Bolster would be fine for PvP...it would just be nice to remove the "not-intended" issues that come along with it. Either way, it's here to stay so, our best bet is to keep reporting whatever issues we see on it, and get it posted, as that helped them a lot with the massive amount of feedback.
Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=662393&page=8

idnewton
07.21.2013 , 10:29 PM | #33
Indeed. I am in full support of bolster for arenas... when it's working. It's a great idea, but the fact that people are wearing trash and getting more stats than a player wearing PvE or PvP gear. Obviously the bugs aren't as severe as they were initially (I would indeed say the current situation is a vast improvement to the 900k hp exploits seen on the PTS)
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 21
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +29,000

🗽 'MERICA -- **** YEA! 🗽

NadirPalo
07.24.2013 , 05:13 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
As for your question, I am writing up a blog post today (it won't be posted until next or or possibly the week after because it needs to be translated and rubber stamped by my bosses and their bosses and their bosses bosses and their.... you see where this is going :P) that will explain this aspect of Warzone Arenas and more! Sorry for the tease but it's an in-depth answer and best to keep all the where, whys, and hows in one place.

Cheers!
Any updated ETA on this blog post? I think many of us are anxiously waiting to read it.
Pot5 -- Naismiya assassin -- NadÝr marauder -- JÚnny operative -- BŃd mercenary
TEH -- Ruyah shadow -- Nadir vanguard -- Nadiri scoundrel -- Zaahira sentinel -- Na'dir guardian

Mikeieveli
07.25.2013 , 03:00 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by NadirPalo View Post
Any updated ETA on this blog post? I think many of us are anxiously waiting to read it.
Agreed!
I cant wait to read this blog, then blog about the blog, while anticipating people blogging about my blog about the blog. Inevitably people will then blog about the blog that blogged about the blog that blogged about the original blog, regretably it will result in a "nerf smash/op/heals" and "fix bolster/premade" blog.
Cant wait!
Durkheimedes: Fear the Purple and Gold
Hoth Ski Patrol
Pot5

Going
07.25.2013 , 03:47 PM | #36
Be on the lookout next week y'all

Going
07.25.2013 , 03:47 PM | #37
Maybe tomorrow

NadirPalo
07.25.2013 , 04:15 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikeieveli View Post
Agreed!
I cant wait to read this blog, then blog about the blog, while anticipating people blogging about my blog about the blog. Inevitably people will then blog about the blog that blogged about the blog that blogged about the original blog, regretably it will result in a "nerf smash/op/heals" and "fix bolster/premade" blog.
Cant wait!
Have fun with that!
Pot5 -- Naismiya assassin -- NadÝr marauder -- JÚnny operative -- BŃd mercenary
TEH -- Ruyah shadow -- Nadir vanguard -- Nadiri scoundrel -- Zaahira sentinel -- Na'dir guardian

Jherad
08.05.2013 , 06:58 AM | #39
So.... How about that blog post?
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

AlexModny
08.05.2013 , 08:23 AM | #40 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
So.... How about that blog post?
Just pinged the powers that be for an update myself! I want to get it out just as much as yall want to read it so I'm eagerly awaiting its posting just as much as yall.

The blog post will answer a ton of questions but I know it will generate plenty as well, so once the blog gets posted I'll be in the accompanying thread answering all the questions I can. Looking forward to yall reading pouring over the details and your feedback.

Cheers!
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]