Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loving these arenas!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Loving these arenas!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Going
07.19.2013 , 10:40 AM | #1
They look amazing. The whole concept behind this is awesome.
One question though is are these going to be implemented into ranked or how will that work ?

AlexModny
07.19.2013 , 10:58 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Going View Post
They look amazing. The whole concept behind this is awesome.
One question though is are these going to be implemented into ranked or how will that work ?
Glad you like the artwork! We are pretty happy with them as well

As for your question, I am writing up a blog post today (it won't be posted until next or or possibly the week after because it needs to be translated and rubber stamped by my bosses and their bosses and their bosses bosses and their.... you see where this is going :P) that will explain this aspect of Warzone Arenas and more! Sorry for the tease but it's an in-depth answer and best to keep all the where, whys, and hows in one place.

Cheers!
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

cycao
07.19.2013 , 11:03 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Glad you like the artwork! We are pretty happy with them as well

As for your question, I am writing up a blog post today (it won't be posted until next or or possibly the week after because it needs to be translated and rubber stamped by my bosses and their bosses and their bosses bosses and their.... you see where this is going :P) that will explain this aspect of Warzone Arenas and more! Sorry for the tease but it's an in-depth answer and best to keep all the where, whys, and hows in one place.

Cheers!
Now that is a cliffhanger.

DarthOvertone
07.19.2013 , 11:06 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post

Cheers!
Alex...one question, a super simple one. Will there be an effective Matchmaking System in the new Arenas? That's all I really need to know.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

AlexModny
07.19.2013 , 11:06 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Now that is a cliffhanger.
Just had to keep you on the edge of your seat cycao! :P

SOULCASTER
07.19.2013 , 11:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Alex...one question, a super simple one. Will there be an effective Matchmaking System in the new Arenas? That's all I really need to know.
Thats all, ALL of us need to know.
Prophecy of the Five
Too many toons
7 Year SWG Vet (Bria)

TonyDragonflame
07.19.2013 , 11:08 AM | #7
Alex, there MUST be solo only queue into these Arenas, cuz random teams every time will be incredible fun!

Please, make SOLO ONLY queue for that deathmatch! And group or common queue too. Hope, there will be individual solo pvp rating for Arenas too.
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

AlexModny
07.19.2013 , 11:09 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Yes. More info to come in the blog post I mentioned earlier.

cycao
07.19.2013 , 11:16 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
Alex, there MUST be solo only queue into these Arenas, cuz random teams every time will be incredible fun!

Please, make SOLO ONLY queue for that deathmatch! And group or common queue too. Hope, there will be individual solo pvp rating for Arenas too.
Should just remove warzones all together and have a 1v1 bracket. IZ WHANTS MAH SOLO QUEUZ

foxmob
07.19.2013 , 11:17 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post

not sure if serious or trolling...
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.