Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Def, power, surge - Ratings!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Def, power, surge - Ratings!

Starglitter
07.19.2013 , 08:02 AM | #1
Hi:

I been trying how to optimize my gear and found a lovely site with all manner of equations that tells me how to calculate the effective percentages for my characters main charactristics such as defense, shield, absorption, damage, and what not, But in each equation they have a term something-rating.

So obviously I can't solve the equation, without knowing what the something-rating value is, also I see a "^" character in them, what is that? I know what "*" and "/" means.

Anyone can educate me with regards to how to calculate the various ratings, and what the misterious "^" is?

Hugs

Sue

USATechDude
07.19.2013 , 10:54 AM | #2
I am not sure what the something-rating is but the caret symbol is usually "to the power of".
For example 2 to the power of 3 or 2^3 is 8.
My'cella - Jedi Knight, Sentinel Jhadi - Jedi Knight, Guardian Hyleena - Trooper, Vanguard
Server: Jedi Covenant Guild: The Triumirate Legacy: Trillian

theStirge
07.20.2013 , 01:21 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Starglitter View Post
Hi:

I been trying how to optimize my gear and found a lovely site with all manner of equations that tells me how to calculate the effective percentages for my characters main charactristics such as defense, shield, absorption, damage, and what not, But in each equation they have a term something-rating.

So obviously I can't solve the equation, without knowing what the something-rating value is, also I see a "^" character in them, what is that? I know what "*" and "/" means.

Anyone can educate me with regards to how to calculate the various ratings, and what the misterious "^" is?

Hugs

Sue
Secondary stats all have 2 values associated with them, their rating and their actual value. Rating(surge rating, for instance) is the number that appears on your gear(an item may have +74 Surge, for instance).
The n'Sappho Legacy, The Harbinger
Zel'eena, 55 Combat Sentinel
Eleeta, 55 Medic Operative; Fer'eerra, 55 Lightning Sorcerer
All Chiss, all the time, all day, forever.