Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

the pvp arenas looks...pretty great

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
the pvp arenas looks...pretty great
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Scorpassailant's Avatar


Scorpassailant
07.19.2013 , 10:15 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Space Magiks
I bet there are some pretty nice forum mod tools also :P

darhsteel's Avatar


darhsteel
07.19.2013 , 10:20 AM | #42
next time,please add MORE players to WZ,not less!!!!!!please!
all this 4 on 4 means pre-mades >.<

astrobearx's Avatar


astrobearx
07.19.2013 , 10:24 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
We are in testing right now to find a happy place with regards to match length so I don't have a "they will be X min long" to share at this time. I will have more details in my blog post (that I mentioned in a previous post in this thread) that will shed some light on match length, among other topics.
great communication. keep up the good work
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

Lionflash's Avatar


Lionflash
07.19.2013 , 10:25 AM | #44
Are arenas part of the Warzone Q? Or are they their own seperate Q?

Meaning, will there be 1 Q as always or will there Q for Objective based Warzone, and Q for Deathmatch Warzone?

Nellsterzzz's Avatar


Nellsterzzz
07.19.2013 , 10:25 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by darhsteel View Post
next time,please add MORE players to WZ,not less!!!!!!please!
all this 4 on 4 means pre-mades >.<
Yes but its easier to carry 3 team members then it is to carry 7.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
07.19.2013 , 10:25 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
We are in testing right now to find a happy place with regards to match length so I don't have a "they will be X min long" to share at this time. I will have more details in my blog post (that I mentioned in a previous post in this thread) that will shed some light on match length, among other topics.
Since it's a deathmatch scenario, it might be nice to have it to where each kill, removes some chunk of time from the clock - the greater the disparity in kills, the more time that is removed. That would make facerolls end quicker, close matches last longer.

Example: Each Arena is slated for 15min. Every death removes 5 seconds from that timer.
1-5 kills = -5 seconds ea.
6-12 kills = -10 seconds ea.
13+ = -15 seconds per kill from the clock

Similar to how a one sided WZ ends quicker with less or no objectives being held.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Lesaberisa's Avatar


Lesaberisa
07.19.2013 , 10:27 AM | #47
Alex - one question I have (and I understand if you can't answer in any great detail) revolves around class balance. By that I mean...in smaller-scale PvP I've engaged in (i.e. 2v2 and 3v3 in WoW mainly), you can run into situations where particular class combinations can have a very strong synergy or can almost hard-counter other combinations/classes. That can become frustrating if, for example, your class (or advanced class, to be accurate) is one that has particularly exploitable weaknesses.

Is that a concern among the development team too?

I ask because while I did enjoy doing arena on WoW, it also could be very frustrating when (as an example) my ret paladin would run into a frost mage or a priest that knew how to dispel.
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

justandulas's Avatar


justandulas
07.19.2013 , 10:30 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
We are in testing right now to find a happy place with regards to match length so I don't have a "they will be X min long" to share at this time. I will have more details in my blog post (that I mentioned in a previous post in this thread) that will shed some light on match length, among other topics.
Thanks Alex. Is it possible for ties to occur when the match timer ends or is that something that's being tested right now as well? Lookin forward to the blog to see the details.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.
-Darth Justandulas

iamthehoyden's Avatar


iamthehoyden
07.19.2013 , 10:32 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Since it's a deathmatch scenario, it might be nice to have it to where each kill, removes some chunk of time from the clock - the greater the disparity in kills, the more time that is removed. That would make facerolls end quicker, close matches last longer.

Example: Each Arena is slated for 15min. Every death removes 5 seconds from that timer.
1-5 kills = -5 seconds ea.
6-12 kills = -10 seconds ea.
13+ = -15 seconds per kill from the clock

Similar to how a one sided WZ ends quicker with less or no objectives being held.
This is just based off of my experience with wow's arenas, but facerolls end quickly anyway since everyone on one side is dead super fast and that ends the match. The bigger issue with time is turtles. If you have a team that is virtually unkillable, they can just go in and sit there till the other team gives up in frustration.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

MandFlurry's Avatar


MandFlurry
07.19.2013 , 10:34 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by darhsteel View Post
next time,please add MORE players to WZ,not less!!!!!!please!
all this 4 on 4 means pre-mades >.<
I think it would be awesome to have 16vs16, but I don't see that happening soon. Plush they would have to make the WZs maps bigger.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator