Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the pvp arenas looks...pretty great

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
the pvp arenas looks...pretty great
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlexModny
07.19.2013 , 09:25 AM | #31 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Thank you Alex - I appreciate the comment. Knowing it's something you're cognizant of and working around gives me great relief
My pleasure TUX! Looking forward to your feedback when you get your mitts on them
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

Evuo
07.19.2013 , 09:29 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
In such a small, intimate area, LoS and other geometry concerns are valid, but I can assure you that we are adjusting the LoS blockers and general terrain on these on a daily basis to make sure we get them juuuuust right for all parties involved, not just melee and ranged DPS. Sometimes there is just too much LoS for the healers and they can't get off their support abilities because their friendly targets are weaving their way through all the blockers. Point being, it is a balancing act and we are iterating on it every day!

I'm writing up a blog post today (it won't be posted until next week or possibly the week after, gotta translate it and get the big bosses to rubber stamp it) to explain in more detail these Warzone Arenas and our methodology in balancing them. Really looking forward to yall getting your hands on them asap! The feedback from players that have played them already has been overwhelmingly positive!

Cheers!
But does the GCD misfire still exist? I imagine it can be pretty frustrating to lose a match due to this bug where every ability counts.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=628435

TUXs
07.19.2013 , 09:36 AM | #33
My pleasure TUX! Looking forward to your feedback when you get your mitts on them
I'm generally pretty shy when it come to the forums, but because you asked, I'll be sure to post my feedback when I get a chance You actually have me very anxious to try these.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Vis-Tecum
07.19.2013 , 09:45 AM | #34
Good news! Baron Deathmark will be making a return to announce all the brutal Warzone Arena action
lol I wonder if bioware is aware that there are other male voice actors than steve blum
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

MandFlurry
07.19.2013 , 09:57 AM | #35
In such a small, intimate area, LoS and other geometry concerns are valid, but I can assure you that we are adjusting the LoS blockers and general terrain on these on a daily basis to make sure we get them juuuuust right for all parties involved, not just melee and ranged DPS. Sometimes there is just too much LoS for the healers and they can't get off their support abilities because their friendly targets are weaving their way through all the blockers. Point being, it is a balancing act and we are iterating on it every day!

I'm writing up a blog post today (it won't be posted until next week or possibly the week after, gotta translate it and get the big bosses to rubber stamp it) to explain in more detail these Warzone Arenas and our methodology in balancing them. Really looking forward to yall getting your hands on them asap! The feedback from players that have played them already has been overwhelmingly positive!

Cheers!
Finaly, some hope for some of us Pvp'ers. Even though a lot of ppl will say we have a long way to go. I'm glad that Bio/EA are now putting more focus on Pvp, and hope that every Class can participate in these new Arenas. Thanx Bioware; I feel better now that some of my Subscription costs is going into something that I hope most ppl will enjoy.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator

justandulas
07.19.2013 , 09:58 AM | #36
I can't wait for arena's, but I was hoping that 2-3 new warzones would find their way into 2.4

That being said, I'm glad you guys are taking LoS seriously. Anyone who's ever chased a resto druid around in WoW's arena's know that LoS needs to be limited as to prevent healers from being unbeatable, but at the same time it's gotta be enough so that they can LoS if needed. Lookin forward to trying it out
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.
-Darth Justandulas

OddballEasyEight
07.19.2013 , 10:05 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
No they don't they look horrible!
Thats just your opinion.
My opinion is that they look great.

Warshades
07.19.2013 , 10:09 AM | #38
Alex

Could you mention approx. how long each match lasts? I'm kinda hoping it would be quicker than current 15ish min WZ. Maybe like 5 min average would be nice.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

justandulas
07.19.2013 , 10:12 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Warshades View Post
Alex

Could you mention approx. how long each match lasts? I'm kinda hoping it would be quicker than current 15ish min WZ. Maybe like 5 min average would be nice.
May I add abit to your question warshanes? What happens when the match timer ends and person(s) from both teams are still standing and fighting? Does it end in a draw? Sudden death OT?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.
-Darth Justandulas

AlexModny
07.19.2013 , 10:15 AM | #40 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Warshades View Post
Alex

Quote: Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
May I add abit to your question warshanes? What happens when the match timer ends and person from both teams are still standing and fighting? Does it end in a draw? Sudden death OT?

We are in testing right now to find a happy place with regards to match length so I don't have a "they will be X min long" to share at this time. I will have more details in my blog post (that I mentioned in a previous post in this thread) that will shed some light on match length, among other topics.
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]