Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the pvp arenas looks...pretty great

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
the pvp arenas looks...pretty great
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlienEyeTX
07.19.2013 , 08:54 AM | #21
The pictures of the new arenas are nice. In my opinion.

I have nothing to compare them to, though, as I have never once entered any WZ.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

chuuuuucky
07.19.2013 , 08:59 AM | #22
Well for PvP maps yes they look great. It is a good thing that they didn't add to much detail like crates, decals and stuff that is only in the way or waste performance.
Of course they could look way better but that wouldn't benefit this sort of competitive map.

astrobearx
07.19.2013 , 09:03 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
The pictures of the new arenas are nice. In my opinion.

I have nothing to compare them to, though, as I have never once entered any WZ.
then you are missing out! WZ are awesome. the first i played,i was like you i used to avoid pvp until a guildmate invite me into a pvp group and ever since im been hook.

arenas are gonna be either a great or bad thing if they solve alot of the wz bugs before 2.4
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

astrobearx
07.19.2013 , 09:09 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by chuuuuucky View Post
Well for PvP maps yes they look great. It is a good thing that they didn't add to much detail like crates, decals and stuff that is only in the way or waste performance.
Of course they could look way better but that wouldn't benefit this sort of competitive map.

actually i agreed that crates, decal and etc are useless in pvp and only pull on resources. i cannot tell you how many time got stuck on a item that is still trying to render
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

astrobearx
07.19.2013 , 09:11 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Good news! Baron Deathmark will be making a return to announce all the brutal Warzone Arena action

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS tbh i love that dood

wwe need more Baron Deathmark

EDIT how did the mod ninja his post in?
Poo-doo.

AlexModny
07.19.2013 , 09:17 AM | #26 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
how did the mod ninja his post in?
Space Magiks
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

iamthehoyden
07.19.2013 , 09:18 AM | #27
I'm curious to see if some of these arenas have moving parts. There does look like a lot of los, and that bridge - I'm hoping it's not a cheap knock-you-into-the-abyss kill method. Arenas definitely favor some classes more than others, so we'll have to see how this goes in terms of class balance.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

TUXs
07.19.2013 , 09:20 AM | #28
In such a small, intimate area, LoS and other geometry concerns are valid, but I can assure you that we are adjusting the LoS blockers and general terrain on these on a daily basis to make sure we get them juuuuust right for all parties involved, not just melee and ranged DPS. Sometimes there is just too much LoS for the healers and they can't get off their support abilities because their friendly targets are weaving their way through all the blockers. Point being, it is a balancing act and we are iterating on it every day!

I'm writing up a blog post today (it won't be posted until next week or possibly the week after, gotta translate it and get the big bosses to rubber stamp it) to explain in more detail these Warzone Arenas and our methodology in balancing them. Really looking forward to yall getting your hands on them asap! The feedback from players that have played them already has been overwhelmingly positive!

Cheers!
Thank you Alex - I appreciate the comment. Knowing it's something you're cognizant of and working around gives me great relief
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Lionflash
07.19.2013 , 09:21 AM | #29
Good news! Baron Deathmark will be making a return to announce all the brutal Warzone Arena action
Noice

I guess I can assume there will also be a "Welcome to the Republic training simulation...--" for same faction arenas. But uh... please no more "Isn't this fun!--" ~ Voidstar Announcer

Joesixxpack
07.19.2013 , 09:24 AM | #30
Yellow words.
Thanks for jumping in with info Alex, and glad to hear you're paying close attention to LOS and AC inclusiveness. My first thought seeing the pics was "hmmm..." about that.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE