Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the pvp arenas looks...pretty great

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
the pvp arenas looks...pretty great
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

astrobearx
07.19.2013 , 07:52 AM | #1
http://dulfy.net/2013/07/19/swtor-ta...ts-are-coming/

now just add a new 8v8 map and more pvp type dallies and 2.4 would be gold imo
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

Ayelinna
07.19.2013 , 07:52 AM | #2
No they don't they look horrible!

Lionflash
07.19.2013 , 07:58 AM | #3
I dig 'em. I wonder if they will have voice overs... I hope they do. I know there isn't really an objective but it would be nice to give these arenas a bit of context. This is a story driven game after all.

JPryde
07.19.2013 , 07:58 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
No they don't they look horrible!
That's only your opinion.

Thanks, have a nice day

The early stage of what is known... is only optics and those are nice in my opinion... We will see, how that turns out in playstyle.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Cyberwoman
07.19.2013 , 07:58 AM | #5
They do look quite cool I think. I am not much of a PVP player, but the idea surrounding them looks interesting so I may give them a whirl one day
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who
Chinbu, Hekit, Shieye, Hunk'a, Bi'song, Paign'ton, Ga'vin, Char-bi
Griffa, Ga'athei, Valamist , V'woolf, Equ'mar, No'lara, Vampora

Cyberwoman
07.19.2013 , 08:00 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
I dig 'em. I wonder if they will have voice overs... I hope they do. I know there isn't really an objective but it would be nice to give these arenas a bit of context. This is a story driven game after all.
I agree. I adore the Huttball voice over, and I think its nice that the WZ seem to have a bit of context to them rather then just a random battle
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who
Chinbu, Hekit, Shieye, Hunk'a, Bi'song, Paign'ton, Ga'vin, Char-bi
Griffa, Ga'athei, Valamist , V'woolf, Equ'mar, No'lara, Vampora

astrobearx
07.19.2013 , 08:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
i think there will be voice overs, this is a bioware game;furthermore, i think there will be some objectives.
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

ImpactHound
07.19.2013 , 08:01 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
That's only your opinion.

Thanks, have a nice day
My opinion is that with the current state of SWTOR pvp, arenas will be about as competitive as Clayfighter was on the SNES. It was technically a fighter with tournament modes, but who played it over Street Fighter 2(other MMOs)?

Nickious
07.19.2013 , 08:03 AM | #9
The PVP areas are looking rather good.

astrobearx
07.19.2013 , 08:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ImpactHound View Post
My opinion is that with the current state of SWTOR pvp, arenas will be about as competitive as Clayfighter was on the SNES. It was technically a fighter with tournament modes, but who played it over Street Fighter 2(other MMOs)?
well, your sentiment can apply to all aspect of this game tbh. wow does what swtor does (in the gameplay department) way better except for the storyline.
Poo-doo.