Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suggested balance changes

cashogy_reborn
07.18.2013 , 03:21 PM | #1
there are things id like to see changed/fixed/added to improve Commando.
*updated as of 7/30*

Trooper
- Explosive Round ammo cost has been reduced to 16, from 25
- Mortar Volley has had its radius increased to 8m (up from 5m)
- Adrenaline Rush has had its cooldown reduced to 120s (down from 180s)
- Increase the damage done by Plasma Cell by 100% (undo the 50% nerf from 2.0 that was 100% unnecessary)

Commando
- Cyro Grenade has had its ranged increased to 30m (Commando only)
- Concussive Round is now a 1.5s cast
- Tech Override has had its cooldown reduced to 60s (down from 120s)
- Reserve Powercell has had its cooldown reduced to 60s (down from 120s)
- Plasma Grenade has had its ammo cost reduce to 16 (from 33)

Gunnery
- Special Munitions now lowers the cost of Grav Round by 2 ammo per point, up from 1
- Deadly Cannon -> add the following to the existing effect: "In addition, Demo Round has a 50/100% chance to crit on targets whose health is <30%"
- Cover Fire -> replace with the following effect: "Full Auto has a 50/100% chance to slow the target by 50% and prevent the use of high mobility actions" (full auto applies the electronet effect w/out the DoT, instead of a straight up slow)

Assault
- Sweltering Heat -> increase slow to 50% (up from 30%)
- Parallactic Combat Stims -> change to following effect: "You have a 50/100% chance to recharge 8 ammo for every 1.5s when stunned, immobilzied, etc."
- Nightvision Scope ->"Increase stealth detection by 1/2, ranged and melee defense by 1/2, reduce the cooldown of Stealth Scan by 2.5/5s, and increase the radius of Stealth Scan by 2.5/5m
- Hyper Assault Rounds -> remove the ammo reduction of Explosive Round (now 16 by default); Triggers Plasma Cell on all targets hit by Explosive Round.
- Assault Trooper -> add Plasma Grenade to this effect (15/30% crit multiplier bonus)
- Degauss -> remove and prevent all movement impairing effects (roots/slows) for 6s
- Rapid Recharge -> add following effect: "Reserve Powercell has a 50/100% chance to reset the cooldown on Plasma Grenade and makes the next Plasma Grenade activate instantly
-Reflexive Battery -> add the following effect: Taking damage reduces the active cooldown of Hold the Line by 0.5/1s. Effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5s.
- Assault Plastique -> replace with the following: "Throws a moldable plastic explosive that sticks to the target and detonates after several seconds, exploding for xxx-xxx kinetic damage (high damage, like before 2.0). Standard and weak enemies enter a state of panic when the explosive attaches and are knocked down when it detonates. After it detonates, the target is demoralized and unable to benefit from the effects of Guard for 6s.

Combat Medic
- Field Training -> changed to the following: "Increases ranged/tech critical chance by 2/4/6%"
- Supercharge cells -> Now restores 16 energy cells (up from 8)
- Field Medicine -> add following effect: "Healing an ally with Hammershot now has a 100% chance to heal you for 25/50% of your bonus healing and recharge 1/2 energy cells"
- Field Triage -> add following effect: "Advanced Medical Probe has a 33/66/100% chance to make the next Medical Probe immune to interrupts. This effect cannot occur more than once every 12s"
- Treated Wound Dressings -> add following effect: "Emergency Medical Probe has a 50/100% chance to activate instantly"
- Med Zone -> add following effect: "In addition, critical results with healing effects reduce the active cooldown of Reactive Shield by 3s. This effect cannot occur more than once every 6s"
- Armor Screen -> change to following effect: "Preventative Medicine now also increases damage reduction by 5% while active"
- *Swap Probe Medic and Frontline Medic talent box positions*
- Probe Medic -> change to the following effect: "Increases the healing done by Trauma Probe by 5/10/15 percent, increases its upper limit by 1/2/3, and reduces its rate limit by .33/.67/1.00 seconds. In addition, healing from Trauma Probe has a 33/67/100 percent chance to grant Rapid Bacta Deployment, which reduces the cooldown of your next Bacta Infusion by 100%. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds."
- Frontline Medic -> change to the following effect: "Increases the number of Trauma Probes that can be deployed at one time by 1/2. Also increases the maximum stack limit of Rapid Bacta Deployment by 1/2."
- Bacta Infusion -> change to following effect: "Heals a friendly target for <current weapon>. Using Bacta Infusion does not require Rapid Bacta Deployment, but will consume 1 stack whenever possible. When all stacks of Rapid Bacta Deployment are consumed, this ability goes on cooldown for 21 seconds"
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
07.18.2013 , 03:41 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
there are things id like to see changed/fixed/added to improve Commando.

Trooper
- Explosive Round ammo cost has been reduced to 16, from 25
- Mortar Volley has had its radius increased to 8m (up from 5m)
- Adrenaline Rush has had its cooldown reduced to 120s (down from 180s) I would prefer to see AR completely reworked. It's pretty awful
- Increase the damage done by Plasma Cell by 100% (undo the 50% nerf from 2.0 that was 100% unnecessary)

Commando
- Cyro Grenade has had its ranged increased to 30m (Commando only)
- Concussive Round is now a 1.5s cast, and will affect up to 5 targets Cast time yes, but there isn't a 60second mez in the game that's AoE. This would be pretty Imbalanced
- Tech Override has had its cooldown reduced to 60s (down from 120s)
- Reserve Powercell has had its cooldown reduced to 60s (down from 120s)
-Plasma Grenade has had its ammo cost reduced to 16 from 33

Gunnery
- Deadly Cannon -> add the following to the existing effect: "In addition, Demo Round has a 50/100% chance to crit on targets whose health is <30%"
- Cover Fire -> replace with the following effect: "Full Auto has a 50/100% chance to slow the target by 50% and prevent the use of high mobility actions" (full auto applies the electronet effect w/out the DoT, instead of a straight up slow)
-Special Munitions now lowers the cost of Grav Round by 2 ammo per point, up from 1

Assault
- Sweltering Heat -> increase slow to 50% (up from 30%)
- Parallactic Combat Stims -> change to following effect: "You have a 50/100% chance to recharge 8 ammo for every 1.5s when stunned, immobilzied, etc."
- Nightvision Scope ->"Increase stealth detection by 1/2, ranged and melee defense by 1/2, reduce the cooldown of Stealth Scan by 2.5/5s, and increase the radius of Stealth Scan by 2.5/5m
- Hyper Assault Rounds -> remove the ammo reduction of Explosive Round (now 16 by default); Triggers Plasma Cell on all targets hit by Explosive Round.
- Assault Trooper -> add Plasma Grenade to this effect (15/30% crit multiplier bonus)
- Degauss -> remove and prevent all movement impairing effects (roots/slows) for 6s
- Rapid Recharge -> add following effect: "Reserve Powercell has a 50/100% chance to reset the cooldown on Plasma Grenade and reduce the cost of the next Plasma Grenade by 9. Minus the cost reduction based on my change above
-Reflexive Battery -> add the following effect: Taking damage reduces the active cooldown of Hold the Line by 0.5/1s. Effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5s.
- Assault Plastique -> replace with the following: "Throws a moldable plastic explosive that sticks to the target and detonates after several seconds, exploding for xxx-xxx kinetic damage (high damage, like before 2.0). Standard and weak enemies enter a state of panic when the explosive attaches and are knocked down when it detonates. After it detonates, the target is demoralized and unable to benefit from the effects of Guard for 6s.

Combat Medic
- Field Training -> changed to the following: "Increases ranged/tech critical chance by 2/4/6%"
- Supercharge cells -> Now restores 16 energy cells (up from 8)
- Field Triage -> add following effect: "Advanced Medical Probe has a 33/66/100% chance to make the next Medical Probe activate instantly"
- Treated Wound Dressings -> add following effect: "Emergency Medical Probe has a 50/100% chance to activate instantly"
- Med Zone -> add following effect: "In addition, critical results with healing effects reduce the active cooldown of Reactive Shield by 3s. This effect cannot occur more than once every 6s"
- Armor Screen -> change to following effect: "Preventative Medicine now also increases damage reduction by 5% while active"
- Frontline Medic -> change to the following effect: "Increases the number of Trauma Probes that can be deployed at once by 1/2. In addition, healing an ally with Hammershot has a 50/100% chance to heal you for 25/50% of your tech bonus healing and recharge 1/2 energy cells.
My comments in red.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

cashogy_reborn
07.18.2013 , 03:48 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
My comments in red.
Snipers Flashbang is a 60s cooldown (45s when talented in engi spec) and is an instant, AOE mez.

agree with your other comments tho.

im not entirely sure what AR should become. the HoT was in general pretty suck, and now it just totally blows.

i had a thought to change it to an offensive bonus ability, but its linked to VG and Mando so it complicates things. it seems like it is supposed to be an "oh shi*" button, but im not entirely sure what would be a good design fit for Trooper overall.

maybe if you drop <30% health you are auto-healed to 50% in one big heal? and have it function the same way it does now (can activate pre-emptively, cd doesnt start til it goes off)
The King of Bads

Jherad
07.18.2013 , 04:06 PM | #4
Love the suggestions. I'd also like to see CM have some way to reduce the cooldown of kolto bomb.

As for AR -

maybe if you drop <30% health you are auto-healed to 50% in one big heal? and have it function the same way it does now (can activate pre-emptively, cd doesnt start til it goes off)
Yes, the two main problems with it are that it is actually pretty slow to heal (that big stream of small numbers looks great, but the HPS isn't wonderful, and is fairly trivial for a good DPS to burst through), and the end result is still in execute range. Anything which addresses those problems would be helpful.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

cashogy_reborn
07.18.2013 , 04:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Love the suggestions. I'd also like to see CM have some way to reduce the cooldown of kolto bomb.

As for AR -

Yes, the two main problems with it are that it is actually pretty slow to heal (that big stream of small numbers looks great, but the HPS isn't wonderful, and is fairly trivial for a good DPS to burst through), and the end result is still in execute range. Anything which addresses those problems would be helpful.
idk, kolto bomb already has a 5s cooldown, and with the 3s HoT it only has 2s downtime. could possibly use some tweaking tho.

i made changes to the Op based on what Archangel suggested
The King of Bads

Jherad
07.18.2013 , 05:02 PM | #6
idk, kolto bomb already has a 5s cooldown, and with the 3s HoT it only has 2s downtime. could possibly use some tweaking tho.

i made changes to the Op based on what Archangel suggested
As always, I'm looking at it from a PvP perspective, where not everyone is grouped together in a nice tight clump

Sometimes you have 2 or even 3 clusters that could benefit from KB, and it would be nice to have the hot ticking on everyone.
Youtube / Twitch

ArchangelLBC
07.18.2013 , 06:02 PM | #7
Snipers Flashbang is a 60s cooldown (45s when talented in engi spec) and is an instant, AOE mez.

agree with your other comments tho.

im not entirely sure what AR should become. the HoT was in general pretty suck, and now it just totally blows.

i had a thought to change it to an offensive bonus ability, but its linked to VG and Mando so it complicates things. it seems like it is supposed to be an "oh shi*" button, but im not entirely sure what would be a good design fit for Trooper overall.

Flashbang is an AoE 8 second mez yes. Concussion Round would be an AoE 60 second mez though. This is important actually in PVE trash pulls, and even the odd boss fight (oolok the shadow in particular) where having one person able to CC all the Underworld Arms Traders at once every minute would completely cheese that mechanic. Flashbang doesn't let you do that. Perhaps a completely different effect in PVP, and maybe since the actual biggest application would be in trash pulls it doesn't matter, but right now an AoE 60 second mez doesn't exist in this game.

I mentioned this in one of my massive walls of texts in the other thread, but I think the only change to AR is lowering the cooldown to 2 minutes, and remove the 30% health limit. Make it give you an immediate super hot that triggers on activation and just keeps going for a full 8 seconds. Then change the current VG talent to something else. Immediately it becomes a super useful oh crap button in both PVE and PVP.

Oh and of course I forgot my new pet suggestion:

Trooper:
-Battle Focus has been made a level 50 ability available to all troopers.

I'd also like to consider having curtain of fire cut FA cost in half and/or halve its channel time (with same damage), but honestly I'd be interested to see what a 13 Ammo Grav Round would do for our ammo management (15 ammo saved in a typical HiB cycle is likely to be a huge improvement all on its own). Don't forget to add that change to special munitions =P

-Wnd

Jherad
07.18.2013 , 07:51 PM | #8
Does anyone think we'll see any changes as a result of the class rep thing?

My understanding is that it is merely a vehicle for asking questions and seeking clarification on intent and mechanics. It won't hurt to try, but I suspect people are going to be disappointed.
Youtube / Twitch

cashogy_reborn
07.18.2013 , 07:56 PM | #9

My understanding is that it is merely a vehicle for asking questions and seeking clarification on intent and mechanics. It won't hurt to try, but I suspect people are going to be disappointed.
yea i doubt that we will see any significant changes made based on the class rep thing. but 2.4 is coming up, and seems like as good a time as any for a balance pass seeing as Arenas and improved RWZ are coming (supposedly).

Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Flashbang is an AoE 8 second mez yes. Concussion Round would be an AoE 60 second mez though. This is important actually in PVE trash pulls, and even the odd boss fight (oolok the shadow in particular) where having one person able to CC all the Underworld Arms Traders at once every minute would completely cheese that mechanic. Flashbang doesn't let you do that. Perhaps a completely different effect in PVP, and maybe since the actual biggest application would be in trash pulls it doesn't matter, but right now an AoE 60 second mez doesn't exist in this game.
mental lapse and totally forgot that concussive round was 60s in PvE. and i was using it today even lol
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
07.19.2013 , 02:24 AM | #10

Oh I dunno that I expect much, but frankly there will probably never be a more opportune time to ask and know they have no choice but to address us even if it's just to tell us no.

I honestly don't expect much of anything except an on the record statement that amounts to "yeah commando is broken and we don't care" but hey you never know, and we'll never get positive changes if we don't ask. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, even if you have to wait for a year.

-Wnd