Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Few Questions

VitalityPrime
07.18.2013 , 08:59 AM | #1
Why the lack of customization options and why did they go with the "first come first serve" naming system?

Anyways, on a more serious note...

Can you play the game completely solo?

How long is the storyline?

Is it ok that I pick a Europe server to play on, even though I'm from the US...just for the smaller population?

Never_Hesitate
07.18.2013 , 09:09 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
why did they go with the "first come first serve" naming system?
How would you implement a naming system that doesn't have that?
Just force random names on people or what?

Can you play the game completely solo?
If you don't want to see the fp's, ops and pvp. yes, then it is soloable
(If you just want to play the class and planetary stories you can do that solo)

How long is the storyline?
There are 8 Class story lines from 1 to 50, a fraction storyline per planet and a lot of side quests with additional story
(the group content (FP's, H-Quests and Ops) contains story as well)
I don't know the time it takes solely to watch the story, but it's a lot

Is it ok that I pick a Europe server to play on, even though I'm from the US...just for the smaller population?
It only matters for you, because it could be that your client-server lag (latency) is unplayable for you, if you start on an european server and you have a lot of lag, I would recommend you to swap to an american server
waiting for ...

Gidrea
07.18.2013 , 02:41 PM | #3
You can play solo all the way to 55, but you need to be careful that you do pretty much all of the quests on a planet, including the pop up bonuses to avoid becoming underleveled. It's easier now that XP boosts are available, though. Keep an eye on your mission log and check the level of your missions.
Gidrea / Sallah / Stärry / Randava / Lexä / Buttercup / Fraidy Cat - The Harbinger
Shock and Jawa / Full Metal Jawa - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

coolmccoolson
07.18.2013 , 02:59 PM | #4
You can go solo and do a lot of Hero 2+ and some 4's after 4 or 5 levels above the mission. You need to pick the right class, I consider a class with stealth a must for solo, it can mean the difference between an impossible hero mission and one that takes a few minutes to complete.

Infalliable
07.18.2013 , 04:07 PM | #5
You can solo all the way to the end. There is some end game and group content you'd miss out on. Prior to end game it's not too much.

Time really depends on how fast you go. It's probably on the order of 80 hours per class if you do all the cutscenes and don't skip many missions.

I think you should do a local pve server. If you ever decide you want to try group content the peak playtimes will line up better. People will not be able to attack you on a pve server so minimal interference from others.

I-Win-Button
07.19.2013 , 04:46 PM | #6
Yes you can play solo all the way to max level. You get your planet stories and class stories but will miss out on the group content and what little story might be associated with it.

It took me around six weeks to level my first character to level 50 last year, playing for around 2-3 hours a day.

It's entirely your choice. You might get latency issues and you'll probably have trouble if you ever decide to try group content due to people being on at different times but if you're fine with that then there's nothing stopping you.
- A self-proclaimed nice guy.
Referral link HERE
Here's what it is: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends
You get things and I get things too. Let's be honest, it benefits the link giver too.

Nazdika
07.20.2013 , 02:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidrea View Post
You can play solo all the way to 55, but you need to be careful that you do pretty much all of the quests on a planet, including the pop up bonuses to avoid becoming underleveled. It's easier now that XP boosts are available, though. Keep an eye on your mission log and check the level of your missions.
I beg to differ. I play several chars, some are group-players, some not. You can skip a LOT of side quests even solo and still get on with the story. My group-players are usually the first on a planet, after the 3rd time I personally have really really seen the side quests. How much *I* can skip depends a bit on the class (you may be a better clicker for X class, or not). Just mind that at lvl 55 there is not much solo left after a while.

For Euro servers, latency was mentioned. MUCH less of an issue solo. I started on an american server (as Euro), could hardly send my comps into battle in an FP. Solo no problem. No offence ment to anyone, Euro servers are more friendly, IMO. Maybe a question of culture..... Welcome in case you start on my server T3