Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What are you currently reading?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
What are you currently reading?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

falcon_Xtreme
07.31.2013 , 03:09 AM | #31
huge fantasy fan here. I love Tolkien, David Gemmell <-- read just about everything he wrote... and i liked James Barclay before he ruined his series with that ravensoul beat a dead horse moneymaker , I even fell for his book elves. they walked with gods, which was terribad.

to answer your question .... I just finished reading Raymond E Feist a darkness at sethanon, the last of the riftwar saga, and im blown away... I have over the last month just discovered this author (a colleague told me), and i am delighted to see that i am about 30 years behind in his works! so you can imagine.. i am quite happy...
REDZONE & PROUD!

falcon_Xtreme
07.31.2013 , 03:25 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

As for the actual question, I started reading "The Name of the Wind" on my way to San Diego. I am probably about 2/3 through it and I am loving it. Really, really good fantasy series so far!

-eric
The name of the Wind is currently about 5 feet away from me on my bookshelf. sitting right next to it is... "the wise mans fear" I'm glad you are enjoying it. it was different, and really well done. i read it over a weekend as i just couldn't put it down. Patrick Rothfuss however is taking is sweet time with number three (2014 apparently).... so get as much as you can out of the two that are available.

Spoiler
REDZONE & PROUD!

Darka
07.31.2013 , 03:31 AM | #33
Just started Game of Thrones
Yeah I dont care :P

Cyberwoman
08.01.2013 , 06:33 PM | #34
I just finished reading The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. I was given this (And A Delicate Truth by John le Carré) after passing my Creative Writing module last week! (Yay! )

Anyway, The Ocean at the End of the Lane is an utterly beautiful book, I would recommend it to anyone, no matter what they think of fantasy. It just works on so many levels, he has such a wonderful mind . . .
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who
Chinbu, Hekit, Shieye, Hunk'a, Bi'song, Paign'ton, Ga'vin, Char-bi
Griffa, Ga'athei, Valamist , V'woolf, Equ'mar, No'lara, Vampora