Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Real Most Powerful Starfighter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The Real Most Powerful Starfighter

LadyKulvax
07.17.2013 , 12:27 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
A T-65A-C? sure. An XJ3 or better, not so much.
You should make note that the Xj3 and subsequent Stealth-X were only really useful to the New Jedi Order, the New Republic literally put it on the shelf to gather dust.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order

TalonVII
07.17.2013 , 12:29 PM | #12
Umm the second civil war with Caedus, New Republic mainstay fighter was the XJ5 and I think Xj7's were coming online in small batches. SteathXs, only people who can fly them are jedi.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler

LadyKulvax
07.17.2013 , 12:34 PM | #13
Umm the second civil war with Caedus, New Republic mainstay fighter was the XJ5 and I think Xj7's were coming online in small batches. SteathXs, only people who can fly them are jedi.
That wasn't till after the Vong war, the New Republic put the series on hold for years before they redesigned the vessel.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order

TalonVII
07.17.2013 , 12:37 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
That wasn't till after the Vong war, the New Republic put the series on hold for years before they redesigned the vessel.
True but after the Vong war, XJ5 came out, Chase Xs, XJ7 was being tested and worked on. But also newer Versions of the Eta class fighter and even the E-wing was being upgraded.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

AlexDougherty
07.17.2013 , 01:19 PM | #15
B-wing was more powerful than the X-wing, it was almost double the size, and more upto date.
Both the X-wing and B-wing were more powerful than the Arc fighter, which was clone wars technology, X-wing almost brought into being by the Imperials as a replacement for the ARC fighter, but the rebellion got it instead.

Tie interceptor is more than a match for the X-wing, but I feel its outmatched by the B-wing in most area's, the only real advantage is that the Tia Interceptor is more maneouvrable. In terms of shear power, Tie bomber is more powerful still.

E-wing was supposed to be more powerful than the B-wing, but never really took off. A-wing was weaker than X-wing, but faster and designed as an ambusher, giving advantages to it.

Personally I think
  1. E-wing
  2. B-wing
  3. Tie Bomber
  4. X-Wing
  5. Tie Inteceptor
  6. A-wing
  7. Arc Fighter
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

TalonVII
07.17.2013 , 01:25 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
B-wing was more powerful than the X-wing, it was almost double the size, and more upto date.
Both the X-wing and B-wing were more powerful than the Arc fighter, which was clone wars technology, X-wing almost brought into being by the Imperials as a replacement for the ARC fighter, but the rebellion got it instead.

Tie interceptor is more than a match for the X-wing, but I feel its outmatched by the B-wing in most area's, the only real advantage is that the Tia Interceptor is more maneouvrable. In terms of shear power, Tie bomber is more powerful still.

E-wing was supposed to be more powerful than the B-wing, but never really took off. A-wing was weaker than X-wing, but faster and designed as an ambusher, giving advantages to it.

Personally I think
  1. E-wing
  2. B-wing
  3. Tie Bomber
  4. X-Wing
  5. Tie Inteceptor
  6. A-wing
  7. Arc Fighter
Umm tie Avenger had stronger shields than the X-wing, Faster than an A-wing and the TIE Defender, was even faster, had 6 cannons[2 ion] and just of a payload as the X-wing. And you want to the say the E-wing is top dog?

No, no no no. E-wing is top 10 material, but it's not top dog, not by a LOOONG shot.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

AlexDougherty
07.17.2013 , 01:37 PM | #17
Umm tie Avenger had stronger shields than the X-wing, Faster than an A-wing and the TIE Defender, was even faster, had 6 cannons[2 ion] and just of a payload as the X-wing. And you want to the say the E-wing is top dog?

No, no no no. E-wing is top 10 material, but it's not top dog, not by a LOOONG shot.
Ok, shift the list down two, and put the Avenger and Tie Defender at the top.
It's been a while since I read the books, so feel free to correct me.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

TalonVII
07.18.2013 , 02:52 PM | #18
shameless bump.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

tunewalker
07.18.2013 , 02:57 PM | #19
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/X-83_...il_starfighter

I swear everyone is forgetting this one it was pretty much banded by Darth Krayt for being TO GOOD like no one should be allowed to fly a fighter that bad ***.

TalonVII
07.18.2013 , 02:59 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/X-83_...il_starfighter

I swear everyone is forgetting this one it was pretty much banded by Darth Krayt for being TO GOOD like no one should be allowed to fly a fighter that bad ***.
X-83. Ok up for one sure.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy