Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, this game is nothing but...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So, this game is nothing but...

Selout
07.17.2013 , 06:44 AM | #1
... Operative and Scoundrel healers. Nothing else, and it's getting really boring. 9 rated WZ's and not a single other healer. Go into randoms... fotm re-rolls in every game. Why even have other healing classes if you are going to make one outperform to the degree they are now? Bioware, I have some high hopes for arena 2.4 but how can you let this stand? Are we just supposed to hack it until October? I certainly won't be sticking around for that long in these conditions. Please do something soon so the PvP can be fun. Thanks.

NoTomorrow
07.17.2013 , 07:21 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Selout View Post
... Operative and Scoundrel healers. Nothing else, and it's getting really boring. 9 rated WZ's and not a single other healer. Go into randoms... fotm re-rolls in every game. Why even have other healing classes if you are going to make one outperform to the degree they are now? Bioware, I have some high hopes for arena 2.4 but how can you let this stand? Are we just supposed to hack it until October? I certainly won't be sticking around for that long in these conditions. Please do something soon so the PvP can be fun. Thanks.

.. but wait the game is balanced the OP healers will tell you. It's you that lack skill and need to L2P in order to kill them. You see all the OP healers in this game are so freaking good at the game, it's you that need to improve. They are amazing players man. Your class energy/resource management skill is a complete joke in comparison to the extremely difficult energy management of an operative healer.

Just give up.. they are better, they are playing a very difficult class. One DPS is not supposed to kill a healer, right? Perhaps if you got better at interrupting their heals you would probably see how easy is it to kill operative healers.

And in fact you are not supposed to beat them, team work man, team work.

^^
That's a typical response from the likes of kweasa. I honestly want to see his face when the OP healers will get a treatment like commando healers got in SWTOR 1.2

Then I will quote all the ridiculous posts of all the Op Healing is Balanced just to add insult to injury.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

ObiJuanShenobi
07.17.2013 , 07:47 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
.. but wait the game is balanced the OP healers will tell you. It's you that lack skill and need to L2P in order to kill them. You see all the OP healers in this game are so freaking good at the game, it's you that need to improve. They are amazing players man. Your class energy/resource management skill is a complete joke in comparison to the extremely difficult energy management of an operative healer.

Just give up.. they are better, they are playing a very difficult class. One DPS is not supposed to kill a healer, right? Perhaps if you got better at interrupting their heals you would probably see how easy is it to kill operative healers.

And in fact you are not supposed to beat them, team work man, team work.

^^
That's a typical response from the likes of kweasa. I honestly want to see his face when the OP healers will get a treatment like commando healers got in SWTOR 1.2

Then I will quote all the ridiculous posts of all the Op Healing is Balanced just to add insult to injury.
Aw, I love QQ'ers about OP/Scoundrels before breakfast.

Funny, you don't see any GOOD PvP'ers from top rated guilds like I AM LEGEND or Deja Vu complaining about them. Why? Because they know how to play. They know PvP is about objectives and doing what is needed to win the game. If they can't down a healer, then they at least understand that they need to pull him away from healing his teammates and worry about self-survival. The point of PvP is strategy, not slamming your face into your keyboard until you hit every one of your I WINZ BUTTONZ.

Please tell me why you feel like a single DPS should be able to jump on a single healer and roflstomp his face in the dirt. And then tell me why it would still make sense for healers to even exist in the game. Because that's basically what I feel you people want.

You will brush this post off, saying,"Oh, another L2P'er". But guess what? It's the truth. L2P.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

Pibbe
07.17.2013 , 08:07 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiJuanShenobi View Post

Funny, you don't see any GOOD PvP'ers from top rated guilds like I AM LEGEND or Deja Vu complaining about them. Why? Because they know how to play. They know PvP is about objectives and doing what is needed to win the game. If they can't down a healer, then they at least understand that they need to pull him away from healing his teammates and worry about self-survival. The point of PvP is strategy, not slamming your face into your keyboard until you hit every one of your I WINZ BUTTONZ.

Please tell me why you feel like a single DPS should be able to jump on a single healer and roflstomp his face in the dirt. And then tell me why it would still make sense for healers to even exist in the game. Because that's basically what I feel you people want.

You will brush this post off, saying,"Oh, another L2P'er". But guess what? It's the truth. L2P.

Please tell me why you feel like when a single DPS jumps on a single healer why is it that, that single healer can live FOREVER.

A Healer Should NEVER be able to survive a single DPS for a LONG time. He should be able to survive through some cooldowns and then through his def cooldowns.

After this he should be all out of Energy/ammo/force whatever healers use... And this is true for all healers EXCEPT OP/Scoundrels, they can just keep on healing Everything forever and a year more.

(This is why they are OP, in my oppinion)
Qoz - Sith Juggernaut
Vandia - Sith Assassin

"From the shadows you shall be reborn"

ZeroPlus
07.17.2013 , 08:29 AM | #5
Question:
Can the healer kill the DPS?
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

DharmaPolice
07.17.2013 , 09:11 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Pibbe View Post
A Healer Should NEVER be able to survive a single DPS for a LONG time.
Out of interest, why not?
Derimeth / Splendora / Rosaluxemburg - The Red Eclipse

otherworlder
07.17.2013 , 09:20 AM | #7

You completely missed the point.

I believe the OP's emphasis was that operative healers are far and away the best for the healing role when compared with other ACs due to their limitless resource pool, numerous escapes, lack of reliance on casted abilities, etc., not that healers in general are over tuned (though I'd agree that in the present metagame they are).

It's almost universally accepted that in order to be competitive in RWZs you must bring at least 1 operative healer. That does not suggest they are evenly balanced with the other ACs that perform the role.

TheOneWag
07.17.2013 , 09:31 AM | #8
They know PvP is about objectives
Doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you can't kill someone, you will never accomplish any of the objectives.

Why? All objectives require you to click on something (Civil War / Hypergate / Denova) or kill someone (Huttball) in order to win.

3 out of the 4 objectives can be eternally prevented from being capped so long as an immortal Scoperative is standing around poking people trying to cap them. Huttball becomes moot if you can never kill the enemy carrier.

Remind me again how PVP is not about killing people?

NoTomorrow
07.17.2013 , 10:26 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOneWag View Post
Doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you can't kill someone, you will never accomplish any of the objectives.

Why? All objectives require you to click on something (Civil War / Hypergate / Denova) or kill someone (Huttball) in order to win.

3 out of the 4 objectives can be eternally prevented from being capped so long as an immortal Scoperative is standing around poking people trying to cap them. Huttball becomes moot if you can never kill the enemy carrier.

Remind me again how PVP is not about killing people?
He is trying to divert the attention from the real issue. Notice how he doesn't deny that Operatives have an extremely good survivability because he knows his arguments wouldn't stand a chance, instead we are being fed the standard healer BS: DPS shouldn't be unable to 1vs1 a healer.

I understand if every DPS spec could 1vs1 a healer, but this is very far from truth. Ranged DPS is just a minor annoyance to healers, especially with all the root cleansing. And then you get a few melee DPS specs that just need a little effort and attention from the healer to avoid the damage.

If RDPS cannot kill a healer, then all MDPS specs should be a complete hard counter to them.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

MidichIorian
07.17.2013 , 10:27 AM | #10
Mercs are gaining ground in ranked atleast. Sorcs are on the verge of being phased out, or that's atleast my prediction.