Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Single player mode for all content.

Radzkie
07.17.2013 , 12:52 PM | #11
Wait...let me get this straight...you asked 25 players if they agree with you and now you're under the impression that the majority of SWTOR holds your opinion?

Honestly, I don't care if it's already been said, but this is an MMO. Massive multiplayer online game. Whats the point of making a MMO if you're going to eliminate any need to play in groups? There is none.

I'm sure there's going to be new SW console games coming out sooner or later. So I suggest playing the solo content you enjoy on SWTOR then switching over to them once they're out.

psandak
07.17.2013 , 01:47 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wiggly_Dinkus View Post
I am sure the fanbois will line up quick to flame this and spout the virtues of groups and how the world would fall without them. Save it.
This is my opinion and one I am sure is shared by a majority of the players. I have asked 25 people at random and all 25 loved the idea so the few flamers on a forum would mean nothing.
I will NEVER understand this mentality. Internet forums are centers of debate. If you do not want a debate on the subject then do not post your comments.

Secondly...so you asked 25 out of about 1.5 million players (500K subscribers and another roughly 1 million F2P), and you REALLY think that is a solid sample? Guess again. That being said, I would bet you are right that a majority would at least embrace more solo content...but not for the reasons you think.

- Very casual gamers like yourself would embrace it to see the content they are missing
- middle of the road gamers would embrace it to see content they might be missing and to acquire gear they would not normally be able to get.
- hardcore gamers would embrace it simply to get gear faster.

Yes, there's the exploit that you are overlooking. If solo content gives the same rewards as group content, then yes a majority of players would love it for the simple fact that they would never have to deal with groups. You are right groups can be an exacerbating part of gaming, but it is the rewards that make it SOOOOOO worth it. Make those rewards available through solo play and this game will become KOTOR3 (Probably what you wanted anyway).

And believe me, I completely understand your lack of time reasoning. Having a job, and an SO, and RL social life, and hobbies other than playing SWTOR, eat into my game time. But unlike you, I have accepted the fact that I will not be the hardcore player I was a decade ago playing MMOs like EverQuest. Basically, like everything else in my life, I schedule my game time. I also accept the fact that due to my lack of dedication to SWTOR, I will never get the best gear available; what I can get and do have is good enough for me because it is more than adequate for how I play.

Wiggly_Dinkus
07.17.2013 , 03:53 PM | #13
Much as I expected, lots of useless and off-topic responses. Considering most are old WoW players, I guess it should be expected though.
I only saw 2 people actually partially address the topic accurately, the rest were so far off they might as well have been in a different thread.

I am only talking about things needing 4 people or less and no, they are not all easily soloable. Many are hard to do even with the right number of people when it gets to the bosses. Content can also be created to be just as challenging for a solo player as for a group. Of course it takes thought, but well worth it.

Also, since I asked those 25 real, in-game players, not fanbois, dungeon crawlers and "l33ts", the responses would be very different.

After 55, you can craft (yawn), do dailies (yawn) or roll up more characters and do it all again. That is fun for a while but after 3 imps and 4 pubs, that gets old fast.

There are always those that love getting in large groups and doing scripted stuff that takes an hour or two and that is just fine, there should be plenty of that. But finishing quests that go on forever only to end up needing to do 4 man heroics is just plain stupid. You did all the rest of it alone, why screw it up and change it mid stream?.

There are just tons of ways to have it all. Plenty for group players and plenty for solo players that don't like doing the same boring stuff over and over. It is such a rich world with so much story that such a very simple tweak would add so much to the game without taking anything away.

Really a moot point at this juncture though. I decided 1 month was more than enough to spend on this in time and money. It just isn't possible for me to get my monies worth out of it beyond that.

Much better to just roll it back to F2P and lets my kids goof off with it. It should be able to keep them occupied for a little while.

Fiamma_Verde
07.17.2013 , 05:20 PM | #14
I hate to say it because as a community I think that most of us want as many players as possible, but you are probably playing the wrong game. This is an mmo,and while there are things to do solo (Story aspects for one,) the main focus of an mmo is to play with other people. While it may not seem like a huge request, rebalancing the content to be soloable (when realistically most of it except for the operations is already) would divert attention away from developing the things that the majority of the player base actually wants.

ScarletBlaze
07.17.2013 , 05:35 PM | #15
I will agree there should be some flashpoints and heroics that can be soloed but in no way should the rewards be the same. If you can solo it then the rewards should be reduced based on that fact.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

theUndead
07.17.2013 , 10:45 PM | #16
Really?

Also care to back up the claim that the majority of players feel the way you do? No I thought so.

So we are fanbois because we enjoy this game for what it is a MMO where the best content is for groups? I've said this so many times and now I will say it again. If stand alone solo content was made that had similar rewards and was challeing then I would support it. However, I do not and will never support current raid content being made for soloists that content is reserved solely for groups and should stay that way period.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

Dalwyn
07.18.2013 , 05:22 AM | #17
What a useless **** thread.. "people who disagree with me are fainboizzz" i can see why you want solo content who would want to play with someone like you.

CommanderKeeva
07.18.2013 , 06:21 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Wiggly_Dinkus View Post
All of the flashpoints and 2/4 man heroics should have a scaled version for solo players. Same rewards, same level of challenge but give the ability for all of the working people that have families and lives to get the most out of it.

For my money, I want to be able to log on, play any content I want that is level appropriate and be able to do it solo.
Many people don't like groups to begin with and would never join any sort of guild but time is still the biggest thing.
Giving out the same rewards for a solo quest and a 4 or 8man group quest wouldn't make any sense. I mean if that was the case, why would you need any groups whatsoever? If you could get the same gear from all the flashpoints and ops alone, what would be the incentive to team up? Nobody would bother wasting time with the group finder and would just run everything alone since not having to set up a balanced group saves you considerable time.

That said, however, I'd really like to have an option to do heroic quests (and possibly story mode flashpoints) with my companions. I mean I have 7 (soon to be 8) companions out of which 6 (soon to be 7) are just sitting on the ship doing nothing. Now we'll have 2 or 3 tank, 2 or 3 healer and 3 pure DPS companions and it would be nice to actually use them. The problem with heroic 4 quests is that it's really hard to find healers for them sometimes, especially if you're doing obscure quests (like bonus series heroics) that most people don't bother to do.

Allowing people to run heroic quests with multiple companions would save a lot of headache for me, considering that my companions are always better geared than most people on the planet and they are intelligent enough not to break CC.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

wetslampigduex
07.18.2013 , 07:41 AM | #19
****... you want solo content buy a gameboy

Ocho-Quatro
07.18.2013 , 07:47 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
****... you want solo content buy a gameboy
But..... Gameboys are darned expensive now!
TOROCast - Star Wars: The Old Republic's Longest Running Fan Podcast
Apos'trophe Sage - Apostrophé Scoundrel - Period Vanguard - Parentheses Shadow - Proper Guardian - Quotation Sentinel
Aster'isk
Mercenary - Back'slash Assassin - Per'iod Operative
The Punctuation Legacy