Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cant buy coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tiberi
07.17.2013 , 03:05 AM | #1
This service is currently unavailable for this account. If you wish to purchase more cartel coins please call our Customer Service team or you can try again tomorrow.

Wth is this?

Now i get: We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one.

Beesodd
07.17.2013 , 03:28 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Tiberi,

It sounds like you have hit a block that exists within the system, when too many purchases have been made in a set time. Usually, waiting over 24 hours without trying to make a purchase should sort things out. Note that an attempt to purchase will reset the timer.

Alternately, you can call our Account & Billing department, who can look into this further for you. However, it looks likely that the block is in place, and waiting the day is probably your best first step.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Tiberi
07.17.2013 , 04:05 AM | #3
Thank you

Reinhagen
07.17.2013 , 05:24 AM | #4
Just ran in to the same problem. Out of curiosity, what is the block exactly? How many Cartel Coins in which period of time activates this block?
Might be good to know in case I run into this again (or to avoid it alltogether).

Beesodd
07.17.2013 , 05:50 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Reinhagen,

I'll have to give a slightly frustrating answer that this value is hidden and varies for accounts. Sorry, I wish I had a more helpful answer.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Reinhagen
07.17.2013 , 11:43 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Reinhagen,

I'll have to give a slightly frustrating answer that this value is hidden and varies for accounts. Sorry, I wish I had a more helpful answer.
Hi Beesodd
Thanks for the fast reply. You're right about the rather frustrating answer. I get that the block might be hidden due to some sort of security, but that it varies from account to account is just a bit too random for me to wrap my brain around. I realize that you as a CS rep might not be involved in most of the game design choices, but maybe someone should have another look at this at some point, and/or explain this to your customers. I don't get why I can buy as many Cartel Coins I want to one month while the next I hit a RNG block.
This little rant is in no way directed at you or anyone else in particullar, I just don't understand this choice.

Once again thanks for the fast response and a great game.

evodude
07.18.2013 , 04:57 AM | #7
getting the same error since yesterday trying to purchase coins

your lucky if i have spent 20 on coins in the last month

went to the origin website and bought a security key with the same card no problem at all

snymo
07.18.2013 , 07:48 AM | #8
I have the same error. Last bougth coins 18th of june, haven't bougth anything since then. Then tried to buy new ones on 16th og july, got the error. Which means if it's the lockout working as intendend I'm not allowed to buy more than 1 pack of coins a month, and more over, if I try, I will then be locked out for another 30 days from that attempt? (Have tried waiting 24 hours without any effect, and as mentioned had waited 28 days from last buy till my first attempt this time). That's not a perfect system, and if this is the case, then at least there shouldn't be a rolling 30 day lockout from last attempt buying coins!

Reinhagen
07.18.2013 , 09:15 AM | #9
Ok, did as the error message said, and waited a day before trying again - no succes.
Next thing you want me to do is to call your account and billing service, but that's not going to happen. I spend around 200$ a month on your game as it is, so no way I'll be spendning any more real money on phone calls, to get you to fix an issue, on your end, that keeps me from spending real money on your game.
For issues like this I would suggest that you get a pipeline dirrectly from the in game support to your account and billing service.
Hope you'll fix this soon.

higginsjf
07.18.2013 , 09:48 AM | #10
I had the same thing happen but got billed a $1 and something when i tried waited 2 days and hit the same thing called the number got in a q waited and waited then chat to a guy then got put back into a Q and wait some more then a lady came on read to me what the bill was the total of about $3 and some change. Told me that it was on my end that the card was not working. Then gave me a short list of stores that sold the 2400 cartel coin card. Sad thing is the list she gave me is a Big fat lie. Block buster no longer around Game stop have non here best buy by me has not had the cards in only in the US . Walmart has not had any SWTOR Game time codes or any other thinning then the game. Joke part is Went to Blizzards store with same Visa gift card i was trying to use got mount and game time no blocking and pick up Face book credited . Call the company the card was through and they said they are not blocking the Swtor .com. cause they asked me if it was the same spot i was billed the $1.13 from and said yes. So I think its there end. Could it be there Having another company taking and seeing Info from us and not saying that they are.