Thermal regulator

danijade

All these additions to the game is great for content . But why not fix the issue of thermal regulators in slicing and not being able to get any after doing the missions 5 times a day . This has been on going issue with so many players . Is it really fair to us to keep avoiding this issue ?

All these additions to the game is great for content . But why not fix the issue of thermal regulators in slicing and not being able to get any after doing the missions 5 times a day . This has been on going issue with so many players . Is it really fair to us to keep avoiding this issue ?

If you want thermal regulators, do Watching the Watchdogs, and Unsliceable? mission only. Use companions with max affection, and if possible, slicing +crit. That's your best bet for them. Unsliceable? returns 4 Thermal regulator, and Watching the Watchdogs returns 2, on normal results. Alternatively, buy a 450 slicing mission from gtn, and run the Wealthy mission. It returns 6 TR's on a normal result, and 8 on a crit result.

Edited by cchwolf
Clarification

I don't think it is bugged, there are just bad and good days.

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/je0stb5n/Screenshot_20130717_07_41_22_421875.jpg

this is from 3 slicers, 1 day (4TR per Augment = 28TR)

Edited by Ausgelebt

Unsliceable? returns 4 Thermal regulator, and Watching the Watchdogs returns 2, on normal results.

Thermal regs come from critical results.

Only crits and only from the two listed missions. They are uncommon but stil drop just fine barring the occassional RNG streak going against you.

In the last three days I have gotten four crits on slicing missions on one character running two missions in the morning and four in the evening (that's 4 crits in 18 missions). But before that I went four days with only two crits (that's 2 crits in 24 missions). Not long ago I had a streak where I could not not crit - five crits in six missions, but not long after I could not get a crit to save my life.

My point...The system is not broken. You have to come to the understanding that "random" does not equate to "even." Yes, in the VERY long term the "law of large numbers" kicks in where the potential results and the actual results start to look the same, but clusters of successes and failures are to be expected.

Thermal regs come from critical results.

Only crits and only from the two listed missions. They are uncommon but stil drop just fine barring the occassional RNG streak going against you.

Ya I meant on normal crit results, without having a slicing crit bonus. I can see by your clarification how it might look like I meant it always returned those thermal regulator results on every mission. lol

Edited by cchwolf

I have ran both the missions on every toon for months now and maybe if i'm lucky ill get 4 in 2 weeks and that's if im lucky and my champions are maxed . I use to get them till a patch that supposedly fixed them back months ago. Just very frustrating to say the least .

I have ran both the missions on every toon for months now and maybe if i'm lucky ill get 4 in 2 weeks and that's if im lucky and my champions are maxed . I use to get them till a patch that supposedly fixed them back months ago. Just very frustrating to say the least .

And in the last four missions run (bountiful and rich), on my one and only slicing character, I have gotten two crits. I have also gotten two crits in the last six UT metals missions I have run. I do not know what I am doing right, but the Force seems to be with me :)

Edited by psandak