Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DEVS: Will 2.4 bring Season 1 and/or match-making?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
DEVS: Will 2.4 bring Season 1 and/or match-making?

SOULCASTER
07.16.2013 , 01:45 PM | #1
I am refering to Rated/Ranked PvP. Though I would be curious to know if there will be match-making at all, for possibly regs too while we're talking about it.

I would like an answer to this.

EDIT: will you also fix the disconnect issue mid-warzones for the 4v4 and other PvP matches, and allow reconnecting?

akabane_k
07.16.2013 , 01:47 PM | #2
no, but itll have pve ops.

maverickmatt
07.16.2013 , 01:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
I would like an answer to this. More importantly, the match-making.

I am refering to Rated/Ranked PvP. Though I would be curious to know if there will be match-making at all, for possibly regs too while we're talking about it.
It's more important for regs to have it, man.

You can expect that in Ranked, all teams are roughly equal and any division of it would result in it being more broken than it is now (matchmaking when only a dozen teams queue up is a waste).

Regs need it badly, elsewise you'll see the very quick exodus of the casual base when a new game pops up that didn't forget about them. Without casual players, ranked doesn't matter in the slightest.

SOULCASTER
07.16.2013 , 01:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by maverickmatt View Post

You can expect that in Ranked, all teams are roughly equal and any division of it would result in it being more broken than it is now (matchmaking when only a dozen teams queue up is a waste).

Regs need it badly, elsewise you'll see the very quick exodus of the casual base when a new game pops up that didn't forget about them. Without casual players, ranked doesn't matter in the slightest.
I dont know if you do rateds or not...but there is a drastic difference between quality/skill of teams in the rated scene of Pot5. Also, making a match making system would encourage other not-so-good/brand-new teams to queue up and not fear being stomped. Thus promoting more teams, and mroe queues and more fun.

Yes regs aren't fun when the 4 man alpha-rated team pre-made enters the match and the regs quickly turn into meta-gaming to win. But rateds need match making more than regs.

Warshades
07.16.2013 , 01:54 PM | #5
I would agree that match making is growing to be the single most important issue for casual and even HC players. Disappointing
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

Joesixxpack
07.16.2013 , 01:55 PM | #6
I doubt it. Reason being is that season 1 has been a PVP elephant in the room for how freakin' long now? With no mention in those notes they're either ridiculously inept at Communication 101 or it ain't in there.

L-RANDLE
07.16.2013 , 03:09 PM | #7
I often wonder do they understand that the PVP regulars are sooo jaded because of the same old garbage, that it would actually be more productive to not say anything about future releases.

I would have been perfectly fine if the notes just released were the same a few months back.

Sorry Soul, but I think we all know the answer....
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

cashogy_reborn
07.16.2013 , 03:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by maverickmatt View Post

this is hilarious.

do you even do RWZ?
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

K_osss
07.16.2013 , 03:14 PM | #9
I'd be interested to hear about match making and Season 1 in regards to 2.4. If it's plausible or if it's not planned for the patch anyway.

Vikassi
07.16.2013 , 04:40 PM | #10
No season 1 for PvP, but there will be some amazing new PvE content!