Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Sith

Wolfninjajedi
07.16.2013 , 03:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
If Vader was a greater Force user than Galen, I expect he would have won the duel against him.

Anyway, Exar Kun. I'm going to be contrary and say Darth Malgus and my reasons are twofold. 1. He was credited as having unparalleled mastery over his anger by Darth Sidious and 2. Exar Kun was unable to destroy Force-sensitives with the Force blast, while Malgus could do so with Force lightning, and mastered the Force maelstrom.
Ever hear of WIS? Of course, you also gotta factor in plot too as it wouldn't be so good if the main character died. Anyway...though has Malgus actually mastered Force Maelstrom?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
07.16.2013 , 03:40 PM | #12
2. Exar Kun was unable to destroy Force-sensitives with the Force blast, while Malgus could do so with Force lightning, and mastered the Force maelstrom.
When Malgus used Force lightning on Aryn Leneer, she was able to block it. And the one time it did break through her defenses, it didn't kill her.

He can kill randoms with it, but main characters are out of his reach.

Edit: Also, Adraas survived a full barrage of Malgus' lightning and was still able to fight.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Beniboybling
07.16.2013 , 03:43 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ever here of WIS? Of course, you also gotta factor in plot too as it wouldn't be so good if the main character died. Anyway...though has Malgus actually mastered Force Maelstrom?
I am factoring in plot, the plot was that Galen Marek was the next Luke Skywalker - a 'photo-negative' of him. And like Luke, Marek surpassed him. But like Luke refused to finish him and join the Emperor.

And yes, according to the Book of Sith Malgus mastered the Force maelstrom, which is said to be a stepping stone to the Force storm itself - the most powerful dark side ability ever recorded.

Aurbere
07.16.2013 , 03:44 PM | #14
I may be recalling incorrectly, but didn't Bane use Maelstrom when he was still a student at the Sith Academy?
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Wolfninjajedi
07.16.2013 , 03:45 PM | #15
I am factoring in plot, the plot was that Galen Marek was the next Luke Skywalker - a 'photo-negative' of him. And like Luke, Marek surpassed him. But like Luke refused to finish him and join the Emperor.

And yes, according to the Book of Sith Malgus mastered the Force maelstrom, which is said to be a stepping stone to the Force storm itself - the most powerful dark side ability ever recorded.
Except ROTJ Vader > Pre-ANH Vader...so Galen surpassed a not yet prime Vader, while Luke did with using the darkside.

But ah alright then on Malgus.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
07.16.2013 , 03:47 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
When Malgus used Force lightning on Aryn Leneer, she was able to block it. And the one time it did break through her defenses, it didn't kill her.

He can kill randoms with it, but main characters are out of his reach.

Edit: Also, Adraas survived a full barrage of Malgus' lightning and was still able to fight.
Let's not approach this from an out-of-universe perspective now, we can only assume that either the barrage was not as powerful, or Aryn Leneer was considerably more powerful than the Jedi Malgus killed.

And according to Wookieepedia:

Adraas then attempted to strike back using a variety of Force Powers, including Force Lightning as well, even though he was aware of Malgus's mastery of the Force. His attack was ultimately cut off by Malgus's barrage of Lightning attacks, which left the Sith Lord dying on the floor.

Its seems his lightning ended the duel rather quickly.

That said, we aren't even talking about the fullest extent of Malgus' ability here. If a single burst of lightining can kill Jedi, what could the Force maelstrom do?

LadyKulvax
07.16.2013 , 03:49 PM | #17
Anyway, Exar Kun. I'm going to be contrary and say Darth Malgus and my reasons are twofold. 1. He was credited as having unparalleled mastery over his anger by Darth Sidious and 2. Exar Kun was unable to destroy Force-sensitives with the Force blast, while Malgus could do so with Force lightning, and mastered the Force maelstrom.
Sidious.... who wasn't born for around 3600 years after Malgus' death and lol wut? He destroyed Gantoris with Force Blast, in-fact he incinerated Gantoris with it and the only Force User he used Force Blast against was Aleema Keto and she had specific knowledge of the ability as well.

So your assertion is false.
"True power, is not the ability to destroy an opponent, on the contrary, true power lies in words, for words can create and destroy civilisations, a lightsaber or a gout of lightning cannot."
Power Victory

Aximand
07.16.2013 , 03:50 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Exar Kun.
I swear he's like your Star Wars boyfriend. (not that that's a bad thing)
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

Beniboybling
07.16.2013 , 03:51 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Except ROTJ Vader > Pre-ANH Vader...so Galen surpassed a not yet prime Vader, while Luke did with using the darkside.

But ah alright then on Malgus.
The idea that a 40 year old man could considerably grow stronger in the Force in the space of a few years is pure speculation, and most likely not the case.

LadyKulvax
07.16.2013 , 03:53 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
I swear he's like your Star Wars boyfriend. (not that that's a bad thing)
Considering I'm not into men that way I doubt it, but I do mention him a lot dont I.
"True power, is not the ability to destroy an opponent, on the contrary, true power lies in words, for words can create and destroy civilisations, a lightsaber or a gout of lightning cannot."
Power Victory