Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Project

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Project

Beniboybling
08.01.2013 , 11:20 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
My personal opinion. There currently are no ties on the list, powers have been compared feats have been shown and I believe the decisions that were made were the correct ones argueing them again feels very much like we will just spinning our wheels and not getting any where. There is no new information and with out new info none of the decisions that were made really change.
Part of me agrees with you here, but I must admit I am in support of Vader being elevated above Jaina. This topic was never really discussed and the only argument made was that Jaina is better than ROTJ-Luke and therefore stronger than Vader. But I don't feel that argument holds up to scrutiny.

You all have to take into account the fact that multiple lists have been completed with multiple threads of debate - but they are not necessarily in congruence with eachother. New contenders such as Kun and Krayt have come to light and other contenders have had their abilities reevaluated over the course of these threads.

Darth_Omega
08.01.2013 , 11:23 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
The Revan novel.

"She had visited Malachor V years after the cataclysm of the mass-shadow generator. Traversing it's surface had been agony. Mentally, she had still sensed the anguish of all who had lost their lives there. Physically, the intense gravity of the world had held her in it's crushing grip, leaving her gasping for breathe. It had been the most awful and horrific experience of her life..." - Star Wars: The Old Republic - Revan, pg.220
Then its all the more impressive she could defeat traya, but yet she couldn't defeat nihilus without help, and having visas weaken him by undermining his bond.
"A day, a year, a millennium -- it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars" - Sith Emperor

tunewalker
08.01.2013 , 11:23 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Part of me agrees with you here, but I must admit I am in support of Vader being elevated above Jaina. This topic was never really discussed and the only argument made was that Jaina is better than ROTJ-Luke and therefore stronger than Vader. But I don't feel that argument holds up to scrutiny.

You all have to take into account the fact that multiple lists have been completed with multiple threads of debate - but they are not necessarily in congruence with eachother. New contenders such as Kun and Krayt have come to light and other contenders have had their abilities reevaluated over the course of these threads.
Kun was a contender for top 10 most powerful force users list and his abilities were brought up then, Krayt is slightly new but even he has not been nor do I feel should be elevated above kun

LadyKulvax
08.01.2013 , 11:26 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Omega View Post
Then its all the more impressive she could defeat traya, but yet she couldn't defeat nihilus without help, and having visas weaken him by undermining his bond.
I think the idea of the Exile not being able to defeat him is basically an assumption, she could have gone blow to blow with him, who knows what would have happened, however she instead used her tactically superior mind to not only trick him into feeding off of nothingness, she also knew how to use Visas Marr's abilities in this situation perfectly.

A one on one fight we can guess at, but clearly she knew better than to fight something that was pretty much the Dark Side incarnate at that point.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order

Beniboybling
08.01.2013 , 11:28 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Kun was a contender for top 10 most powerful force users list and his abilities were brought up then, Krayt is slightly new but even he has not been nor do I feel should be elevated above kun
Your right actually, Kun was brought up and I did an anaylsis, reaching the conclusion Windu > Kun. So I think I'll stick with that and put him to one side.

However I still believe Jaina vs Vader is a key topic, and one that was somewhat overlooked. I am currently looking through old threads to examine arguments made, so I'll make sure its all coherent.

EDIT: It also makes sense for Vader to be closer to Marek as the disparity between the two was minimal.

Beniboybling
08.01.2013 , 11:31 AM | #126
Can we move away from Nihilus for now? I'd rather here opinions on what is immediately relevant i.e Vader vs Jaina.

Beniboybling
08.01.2013 , 11:37 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by marcelo_sdk View Post
Let's the retake the matters whe started before that Nihilus issue. First, regarding Jaina, Vader, Windu and Exar Kun positions on the Most Powerful Force-users list, opinions are very splitted, we'll need to delve deeply into the matter to make a fair call.

Second, Galen Marek, for what I see, most people support him for making into the Jedi list. We also have to decide this, and I suggest we do this on the Jedi list thread, otherwise things will become a mess on the Index thread.

And Beni, now I think you should start the Duelists list, even if we haven't decided all ties on the current lists. The debates can drag on for some weeks. And a doubt, you'll make just a general thread about duelists, or it'll be the same template of the Force users, one general, one for Jedi and one for Sith?
I'm still against Marek for the Jedi list, I mean lets face it he was no more a Jedi than Cade Skywalker. He was never officially recognised as one, it was all very unofficial.

Oh and concerning duelists, I think I'll do a single thread. I'm really not sure there are enough duelists (who we possess enough information on) to do separate threads. I don't feel its really necessary either.

tunewalker
08.01.2013 , 01:30 PM | #128
I'm still against Marek for the Jedi list, I mean lets face it he was no more a Jedi than Cade Skywalker. He was never officially recognised as one, it was all very unofficial.

Oh and concerning duelists, I think I'll do a single thread. I'm really not sure there are enough duelists (who we possess enough information on) to do separate threads. I don't feel its really necessary either.
Agreed Just one thread for top 10 duelists period, no top 10 jedi 10 ten sith lists.

Darth_Omega
08.01.2013 , 01:41 PM | #129
I think someone should compare Bane and Traya (for the most powerful sith list)

If not I will soon.
"A day, a year, a millennium -- it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars" - Sith Emperor

BacaWicket
08.07.2013 , 07:05 PM | #130
Together me and the awesome community here have tirelessly debated and discussed, formulating lists of who we all agree to be the ten most powerful of the designated field.

Here I shall be compiling all the lists we have completed. Hopefully this will be a go-to source and sort of 'forum-canon' for any future discussions and debates on this matter, that the majority of people agree on.

Any opinions/insights on the lists are welcome. Either discuss them here or on there original threads. Also note that this list excludes deities, that the ancient Sith Lords have not been considered for this list due to lack of information, and Darth Nihilus also because he was a natural phenomena and not a corporeal entity.

The REAL Most Powerful Force Users

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Darth Sidious
3. Yoda
4. Darth Caedus
5. Sith Emperor
6. Darth Plagueis
7. Galen Marek
8. Master Fay
9. Jaina Solo
10. Darth Vader

The REAL Most Powerful Jedi

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Yoda
3. Master Fay
4. Jaina Solo
5. Mace Windu
6. Kyp Durron
7. Revan
8. Meetra Surik
9. Saba Sebatyne
10. Satele Shan

The REAL Most Powerful Sith

1. Darth Sidious
2. Darth Caedus
3. Sith Emperor
4. Darth Plagueis
5. Darth Vader
6. Exar Kun
7. Darth Krayt
8. Darth Malgus
9. Darth Traya
10. Darth Bane

The REAL Most Powerful Lightsaber Duelists are on their way!
u are retarded for not putting the emperor in 1st place on most powerful sith and anikin as most powerful jedi anikin should be 1st and revan 2nd