Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pistols
07.16.2013 , 01:32 PM | #51
Yeah I'm done with the gear grind, it's old and outplayed in TOR.

Also, agree with others sentiments regarding 2.4 and it supposed to be PvP eccentric.

Shlda known better.

Andryah
07.16.2013 , 01:33 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
August 13th is our target date for our next all new event: Bounty Contract Week!
Bounty Contract Week provides new missions with full voice-over that will take you on a hunt for high-value bounty targets across the galaxy. Each bounty contract scales to your level, from 15 to 55, providing experience, credits, commendations, and reputation with the Bounty Brokers Association. Players will have opportunities to interrogate informants, make dark and light side decisions, and kill or capture their ultimate target. Each time you take a contract, it has a chance to play out a little differently, depending on the information you gather during your hunt. Once youíve completed enough contracts, you can accept even more dangerous missions to take down notorious crime Kingpins! Rewards include a new mount, new adaptive gear, and a unique companion customization for HK-51! Completing bounty contracts can also earn you achievements which unlock special legacy titles, and even Cartel Coins! Bounty Contract Week is a monthly event, so if you miss it the first time, donít worry Ė it will return next month!
Very nice.

And in other news... PvPers are rallying for war over this announcement in the forums (because they think they own patch content) AND Treek now feels very loney and ignored.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Mikeieveli
07.16.2013 , 01:33 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
That's what happens when you put PvP development on the back burner, introduce a terrible, TERRIBLE bolster system that should have never made it to live and with the first summer of swtor update say that 'patch 2.4 will be centered around PvP' and offer no details beyond that (lol /rubshands) and then release details of said PvP patch to include more PvE content than PvP.

Frustrating to say the least. Though with almost a year of waiting for content at least we are getting some even though the community seems somewhat divided on arenas as I was against it for some time but would take anything at this point.
I agree 100%. I was against arenas also for class balance issues but really we need something at this point in PvP.
Durkheimedes: Fear the Purple and Gold
Hoth Ski Patrol
Pot5

Andryah
07.16.2013 , 01:36 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Yeah I'm done with the gear grind, it's old and outplayed in TOR.
IMO, it was old 6 years ago in the genre... even longer ago for some.

Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Also, agree with others sentiments regarding 2.4 and it supposed to be PvP eccentric.
Does PvP centric mean PvP exclusive? They really have not said much yet on 2.4.

My point being, they really have not told any of us enough yet to go flying off the cliff... but hey.. you guys do what you gotta do I guess.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

cycao
07.16.2013 , 01:37 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Very nice.

And in other news... PvPers are rallying for war over this announcement in the forums (because they think they own patch content) AND Treek now feels very loney and ignored.
Imagine playing a PvP game with PvE on the side and you being a PvE player waiting 11 months for new content and being promised a "major PvE patch'' only to find out that it is 80% PvP with a hint of PvE in it?

This is our life. We complain but its just. Arenas were something that the majority of the community were not asking for. Working bolster, new warzones and season one of ranked were the hot topics.

Boch
07.16.2013 , 01:38 PM | #56
2.4- PvPers you have been trolled.
Konts of <Ascension>
Rolling with a pocket guard since 2.0.

Joesixxpack
07.16.2013 , 01:38 PM | #57
Very nice.

0/10. Shoo.

Pistols
07.16.2013 , 01:38 PM | #58
IMO, it was old 6 years ago in the genre... even longer ago for some.

Does PvP centric mean PvP exclusive? My point being, they really have not told any of us enough yet to go flying off the cliff... but hey.. you guys do what you gotta do I guess.
Trust me, I understand the longevity of gear grinds in games, but having a gear grind every 4-6 months is done by games who don't do well.

Point me to PvE eccentric patches that had a lot of PvP content as well.

GG

PunisherAS
07.16.2013 , 01:38 PM | #59
Scum and Villiany + Rise of the Hutt Cartel = April 9, 2013
New content = October 1, 2013

April 9, 2013 - October 1, 2013 = 6 months of grinding same old boring content.
Sorry Bioware, but you wont be seeing me after my 30 days are up.

Nightmare difficulty isn't "new" content. You can argue as much as you'd like but, its just something Bioware wants you to think is content so you'll stay longer in this lifeless game. Same bosses, same trash, just upgraded HP and one or two new mechanics which is not content.

Character Customization isn't "new" content either, its already in the game when you first create your character but if you want to redesign your appearance better have some real $.

Cartel Packs aren't "new" content either, charging us for 10 cc for titles or fireworks to celebrate events is STUPID.
Collectors Edition Owner
Fargos (Main Tank/Powertech) of
Aggressive Negotiations

Ayelinna
07.16.2013 , 01:39 PM | #60
PvPers are rallying for war over this announcement in the forums (because they think they own patch content)
Oh give it a rest Andryah...