Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Warshades
07.16.2013 , 01:26 PM | #41
I dont think this is the response they expected.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

EmblemElite
07.16.2013 , 01:27 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelaias View Post
Lol, so this is the big pvp patch?
^^^This
Vanguard Amano Lethal Dose Fifty
PoT5

Joesixxpack
07.16.2013 , 01:28 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
and new gear? again? ffs......
^ This. We don't need more gear to pull the mods out of, we need more playable content.

Arenas, sounds good. What about ranked? Will Oct. still be preseason?

Mikeieveli
07.16.2013 , 01:28 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
Hello everyone!

Here is a fresh update on where we are at in terms of hitting our schedules for the Summer of SWTOR

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:
  • The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
  • New Operation: Dread Fortress
  • New Operation: Dread Palace
  • New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
  • New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on several longer term initiatives. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these and on what’s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information!
BW, You said 2.4 would be a PvP update. Your loyal PvP supports are sticking around through the bolster debacle, the year long + "preseason of ranked", and bugs that (like roaches) once you fix one, two new ones pop up. We are loyal, we stick around through summer even though you introduce nothing for us whatsoever. We do this on the promise of 2.4.

Then all I see in 2.4, based off the information you have released, is 3 PvE items and 1 PvP. If you are only going to give PvPers one patch per expansion for them, rather than introduce stuff every PvE patch, then at least make the "PvP" patch about PvP, not PvE.

I know your gonna say the list isnt exhaustive and have more instore, to which I will say, well the info you released should have been all PvP info and the PvE stuff you have instore for that patch should have been on the list of stuff not told to the community.

Good job on the arenas and what ever else PvP you have store, please dont let arenas be the only thing though.
Durkheimedes: Fear the Purple and Gold
Hoth Ski Patrol
Pot5

TUXs
07.16.2013 , 01:28 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
as many other players has mention....WHY IN JAWA HELL IS 2.4 IS A PVE PATCH ?

I like pve as much as the next guy, but you said bruce that 2.4 will be a MAJOR pvp patch. I think you got your "e" and "p" mixed up there.
I'm with ya astro...I PvE as much as I PvP...I'm fine with a PvE update...but we were promised a freaking PvP update...FINALLY! We were TOLD PvP. We were PROMISED PvP. This is a freaking PvE update with a few minutes worth of work for PvPers. What a pathetic and lazy excuse of an update...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Huckdabuck
07.16.2013 , 01:28 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:
  • The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
  • New Operation: Dread Fortress
  • New Operation: Dread Palace
  • New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
  • New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on several longer term initiatives. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these and on what’s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information!
New planet = Everyone/RPer's
New Op = Raiders
New Op = Raiders
New 4*4 Arenas (Note PLURAL) = PvPers
New Gear Grind = yuck! Time to start saving up those WZ comms again!

Get out your torches and don't even bother to read the last part about exhaustive list!

Ayelinna
07.16.2013 , 01:29 PM | #47
Hey Bioware

When can the PVPers expect Ranked Warzones SEASON 1?

Its been pre season for over a YEAR now

iamthehoyden
07.16.2013 , 01:30 PM | #48
I'm hoping they're just hitting a few points on 2.4, because while I'm pretty pleased with new ops as someone who primarily plays pve, 2.4 was billed as the pvp patch. Any pvp question that has come up in the last months has been answered with 'just wait for 2.4.' If 4x4 arenas are it...good luck to you, devs, good luck to you.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

TUXs
07.16.2013 , 01:30 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Warshades View Post
That's because their so flipping removed from reality it's sick. If they'd take 5 minutes to read the freaking PvP forum, they'd see a hundred phenomenal suggestions...4v4?! And I bet you that those are in the existing WZ's we have...all they did was cap them at 4 players, not 8.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

cycao
07.16.2013 , 01:31 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Warshades View Post
That's what happens when you put PvP development on the back burner, introduce a terrible, TERRIBLE bolster system that should have never made it to live and with the first summer of swtor update say that 'patch 2.4 will be centered around PvP' and offer no details beyond that (lol /rubshands) and then release details of said PvP patch to include more PvE content than PvP.

Frustrating to say the least. Though with almost a year of waiting for content at least we are getting some even though the community seems somewhat divided on arenas as I was against it for some time but would take anything at this point.