Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Winguardian
07.21.2013 , 11:07 AM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I'm inclined to agree, after having read this from the S.D. Cantina Event:

Source: http://ootinicast.com/2013/07/corres...ina-san-diego/
That and.. you know.. they haven't done anything to make it more appealing for teams to q for ranked in a year. They have a very basic system in place (pre-season 1) that has none of the systems needed to foster competitive play. There are no leaderboards, no soloq (which I doubt will ever come because the PvP community isn't large enough anymore to sustain an ELO based system), no spectator mode, no new PvP maps in a year, etc etc.

If they'd worked on these features half a year or so ago this game would have such a thriving PvP community. Alot of really good players that loved the game have left since then. But here's hoping some of them decide to come back and revitalize the competitive scene, but that all depends on which systems BW is adding besides the arena's, cause quite frankly that's not enough.

Maybe holding a tournament with ingame prizes would be nice on BW's part aswell, it doesn't actually cost them anything and it would encourage people to get competitive teams going. Something along the lines of a set weekly or monthly tournament (and the systems to support that of course) with CC rewards or the likes would be awesome. Of course giving the PvE community some tournaments in the form of clearing certain content the fastest or we (I'm not a PvE'er so don't look at me for suggestions) to balance things out.
Pubs
Wingardium | Winguardian | Prætorian | Seldenseen
Imps
Battousai'ken | Winsparkium | Antæus | Eikichi | Wingàrdium

Basreia
07.21.2013 , 11:16 AM | #322
I have been saying. I believe that you guys will really get some good PvP stuff in patch 2.4. Looks like at least 4 arenas with full announcing like Huttball, the end of pre season and start of leaderboards WITH Season 1 starting and whole sloth of other change. It won't only be a puny arena and no class balance changes or anything. More information is being released and it's looking good. I also believe that as we come closer to 2.4 launch, you will see lots more stuff coming out for it.

Just keep being optimistic and know that BioWare won't disappoint
Use the force

MisterBlackJack
07.21.2013 , 03:22 PM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
I'm with that! To the PvE community silence! You are getting stuff let the PvPers express themselves as 2.4 was expressed as... "If your a PvPer stay tuned for 2.4 cause this ones for you!" And so we get 4x4 WZs.

If the notes of interest for 2.4 went
A new PvP planet with new missions and rewards
2 large scale WZs
4x4WZs
New gear to grind for

Do you feel like the PvE community would have flipped? I don't think so cause like the PvP community they thought 2.4 was q PvP patch. If these were the notes do you think the PvP community would be in the outrage they are now? I don't think so cause there is plenty of potential there.

But as it was this PvP patch IS a PvE cover up that PvPers are just suppose to suck up and deal with or hope there is some kind of large PvP item that is top secret and they will release with the patch without us knowing until its live and we get to play? Don't be naive there is nothing as grand as what they listed in this thread.

Anything additional they may have not listed will be minor tweeks or items nothing like an "OPS" for PvPers.
The thing everyone else is saying is that you are assuming the 4v4 Arenas are the only pvp related things coming in patch 2.4. What we are saying is you are making a very big assumption on a small blog design to tease you. Bioware doesn't always show their cards at first. So wait until more info is coming.

Also bioware has already stated they will not do any more OWPvP until their Hero Engine is modified to where it can sustain large groups of people in a concentrated area.
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

C-biz
07.22.2013 , 04:00 PM | #324
PvP needs a lot of help. Every time you turn around there is a new operation or flashpoint, but PvP has been kinda left in the dust. The 4v4's are a cool idea, but in reality it's gonna take more than that to keep us PvP lovers interested.

Pistols
07.22.2013 , 04:12 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by Winguardian View Post
That and.. you know.. they haven't done anything to make it more appealing for teams to q for ranked in a year. They have a very basic system in place (pre-season 1) that has none of the systems needed to foster competitive play. There are no leaderboards, no soloq (which I doubt will ever come because the PvP community isn't large enough anymore to sustain an ELO based system), no spectator mode, no new PvP maps in a year, etc etc.

If they'd worked on these features half a year or so ago this game would have such a thriving PvP community. Alot of really good players that loved the game have left since then. But here's hoping some of them decide to come back and revitalize the competitive scene, but that all depends on which systems BW is adding besides the arena's, cause quite frankly that's not enough.

Maybe holding a tournament with ingame prizes would be nice on BW's part aswell, it doesn't actually cost them anything and it would encourage people to get competitive teams going. Something along the lines of a set weekly or monthly tournament (and the systems to support that of course) with CC rewards or the likes would be awesome. Of course giving the PvE community some tournaments in the form of clearing certain content the fastest or we (I'm not a PvE'er so don't look at me for suggestions) to balance things out.
Excellent post which is spot on. <3 Wing

Tragamite
07.22.2013 , 06:32 PM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by Basreia View Post
I have been saying. I believe that you guys will really get some good PvP stuff in patch 2.4. Looks like at least 4 arenas with full announcing like Huttball, the end of pre season and start of leaderboards WITH Season 1 starting and whole sloth of other change. It won't only be a puny arena and no class balance changes or anything. More information is being released and it's looking good. I also believe that as we come closer to 2.4 launch, you will see lots more stuff coming out for it.

There are some good things coming yes. I've only heard of 3 arenas but 4v4 seems to be a good thing to most PvP fans. The End of preseason and commencing of season 1 has yet to be elaborated on based on the fact that they took note of the decline in ranked play. There is no doubt that many changes will happen between now and 2.4 but will there be anything bigger to the PvP community than 4v4 arenas?

Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
The thing everyone else is saying is that you are assuming the 4v4 Arenas are the only pvp related things coming in patch 2.4. What we are saying is you are making a very big assumption on a small blog design to tease you. Bioware doesn't always show their cards at first. So wait until more info is coming.

Also bioware has already stated they will not do any more OWPvP until their Hero Engine is modified to where it can sustain large groups of people in a concentrated area.
No no no! What everyone is saying is that it is an outrage that in the context it was delivered that 4v4 arenas are the only REAL addition coming for PvP. Now I am sure that cannot be the fact and that there is more indeed coming with 2.4 but to believe that something more grand than 4v4 to measure against 2 NEW Ops is ludicrous!

This is the context that was delivered to the PvP community in the “tease” of what is to come. The Devs NEED to elaborate further on SOMETHING to put PvPers to rest that it will be OK.

I cannot speak for the PvP community or even the majority of it so I will not presume to know what they think, but I for one am expecting more WAR content from Star WARS. 8v8 has provided that so far but I believe the committed PvPers do want bigger WZs not smaller.
4v4 addresses the “premades in normal WZs” issues that many non-committed PvPers have and the Ranked solo queue issue that many of the committed PvPers have.

I predict that the gear we are getting will either be tied to 4v4 or RWZs as a truer high caliber gear set rather than just a color change with the shells that have been offered thus far. I feel that 4v4 will be a hit with the “death match” and other parts of the PvP community.

But as far as PvP content that can measure up to 2 NEW Ops is just not going to happen.

There is no fair comparison of PvE to PvP but if you thought along those lines this is what we will have at 2.4…
  • 8x 4mHMFP(50) =/= 3x 4v4
  • 7x 8mOps =/= 5x WZs
  • 7x 8mHMOps =/= 5x RWZs
  • 7x 8mNiMOps =/= ???
  • 7x3 16m(HM)(NiM)Ops =/= ???
  • 5x OW Daily Areas =/= 2x OW PvP with no missions
  • 9x WB PriTarg =/= ???
  • 6x HMFP(55) =/= ???
  • 40?x Daily & Weekly PvE missions =/= 2x Daily & 1 Weekly PvP missions.
  • 6x (+1)+NEW PvE Gear sets =/= 2x+NEW PvP gear sets
  • Ilum offeres WBs and 8m/16m OPS =/= 2 PvP missions when Gree event is active.

And the list can go on but I think I've exhausted the majors. But from this is there a lack in PvP content?? But again it is not the LACK of what was delivered it was the CONTENT delivered for an expectant PvP prominent patch. Maybe they can make some magic happen in the months to come but I am far from believing in these last words…

Quote: Originally Posted by Basreia View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
Bioware doesn't always show their cards at first. So wait until more info is coming.
Whocsllessur Jugg Tank 55, Etim'a'grt Sorc DPS 55, Ruspe-Rurob PT Tank 55, Tolan'dass Snipe DPS 55, Skêlêtor Sin Tank 55 Pesch-rushi Guard Tank 55, Tragamite Scoundrel Heals 55, Slåughter Van DPS 55, Shê-Rå Sage DPS 55

Andryah
07.22.2013 , 07:02 PM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
And the list can go on but I think I've exhausted the majors. But from this is there a lack in PvP content?? But again it is not the LACK of what was delivered it was the CONTENT delivered for an expectant PvP prominent patch. Maybe they can make some magic happen in the months to come but I am far from believing in these last words…
They have said (twice in this very thread): that they have not disclosed everything yet.

Your angst is premature.

As for prosecuting a PvP vs PvE content expose.... it's misplaced. This PvE game has some PvP, NOT the other way around. To reverse it.. you must play a PvP game that has some PvE.... which of course requires a different MMOs forum entirely. You cannot make an MMO have a different play focus, no matter how much you complain or how long you hold your breath. This has been proven to be true in the genre since it began the better part of 20 years ago.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Pistols
07.22.2013 , 08:45 PM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
They have said (twice in this very thread): that they have not disclosed everything yet.

Your angst is premature.

As for prosecuting a PvP vs PvE content expose.... it's misplaced. This PvE game has some PvP, NOT the other way around. To reverse it.. you must play a PvP game that has some PvE.... which of course requires a different MMOs forum entirely. You cannot make an MMO have a different play focus, no matter how much you complain or how long you hold your breath. This has been proven to be true in the genre since it began the better part of 20 years ago.
Truth be told, the game is neither PvE nor PvP eccentric, it has a little of everything. Trust me, if I were heavy into PvE, this would not be the game I would choose, lol. One could say the same for PvP, but the problem is as far as PvP goes, this is the best option on the market currently. That, and it has massive untapped potential. Sadly, EA gave up on this game, employing a skeleton crew, so no matter the aspect we're all getting frustrated.

Tragamite
07.22.2013 , 09:20 PM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Truth be told, the game is neither PvP nor PvP eccentric, it has a little of everything. Trust me, if I were heavy into PvE, this would not be the game I would choose, lol. One could say the same for PvP, but the problem is, as far as PvP goes, this is the best option on the market currently. That, and it has massive untapped potential. Sadly, EA gave up on this game, employing a skeleton crew, so no matter the aspect we're all getting frustrated.
I was just going to say it, this is NOT a PvE game this is an MMO meaning many styles of play from the playerbase. I would not even suggest it should be a PvP game nor should this game have SOME PvP. I would not even ask for absolute equality between the two. But this game ABSOLUTELY needs more PvP content.
Whocsllessur Jugg Tank 55, Etim'a'grt Sorc DPS 55, Ruspe-Rurob PT Tank 55, Tolan'dass Snipe DPS 55, Skêlêtor Sin Tank 55 Pesch-rushi Guard Tank 55, Tragamite Scoundrel Heals 55, Slåughter Van DPS 55, Shê-Rå Sage DPS 55

Aries_cz
07.23.2013 , 03:38 AM | #330
People forget that PvE content is consumed much faster, so there is a greater need to add ore of it. For example, who runs Eternity Vault now? Except maybe a few guild nostalgia runs and rare PUGs, nobody.
PvP is a bit different each time, so it is not consumed that quickly.
We really need to know how long the WZ creation process (from conception to final testing) is before we can demand more to be added.
Also, PvP modes are almost all used by now. We have CTF, siege, capture and hold point, we will get deathmatch in 2.4. Not sure if PvP crowd would accept just another siege map, or another CTF, or if they would complaing that "it is the same as <insert WZ name>".
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos