Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lesaberisa
07.17.2013 , 09:02 AM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
Now you are just complaining to complain. It's clear to me that when they talk about a short story arc for a planet, they mean a story arc for the size of Quesh or Tython or Hutta, instead of a storyarc for say an Alderaan or Makeb or Belsavis.
I don't really see how it's clear at all. All that was said was

Quote:
•The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
I also read that to mean the story arc was related to the ops, which would imply something far shorter than even Quesh. More like the Black Hole or something.

I'd love to get clarification (since I was also curious about whether we're getting something new from our companions beyond "take them to spot X, have them recite line Y"), but it seems like most other things got lost in the PvP brouhaha.
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

Andryah
07.17.2013 , 09:12 AM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Don't tell us what to do - you're free to keep your mouth shut if you like. The update isn't until freaking October - between now and then, I URGE Bioware to hire an intern to reskin every one of the existing WZ's so that we have double the number come 2.4.

And your silly assumption that there's some magical bunny that's going to appear is foolish. There is NO MORE! These are the HIGHLIGHTS! Do you understand what a highlight is in this context? Everything else will be worthless fluff. I bet there's even a big ol CM update with 2.4 that wasn't mentioned.

If we don't let Bioware know full flipping well what we think of this pathetic patch now, we only have ourselves to blame when nothing changes.

So please...heed your own advice and sit quietly by.
He was expressing his opinion. Just like you are doing right now.

You have no right to tell him what to do either. See the irony there. Or perhaps.. you both were just expressing your opinions, and doing it badly.

Basically right now, anyone that in any way disagrees with the venom in this thread.. gets flamed for it. What wonderful role models.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

ElitehunterDS
07.17.2013 , 09:12 AM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Operations coming in 2.4
Super-nightmare EC, recycled content made new!
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Ziso
07.17.2013 , 09:15 AM | #224
Hopefully somewhere in it all, guilds will have some proper love and not just a member xp bonus.
Waiting 18 months+ now for some basic guild features and the character cap issue they are aware of

TUXs
07.17.2013 , 09:23 AM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
He was expressing his opinion. Just like you are doing right now.

You have no right to tell him what to do either. See the irony there. Or perhaps.. you both were just expressing your opinions, and doing it badly.

Basically right now, anyone that in any way disagrees with the venom in this thread.. gets flamed for it. What wonderful role models.
He was telling others what to do Andryah, I used it to demonstrate how silly it was since it really has no effect.

Who is supposed to be a role model? Me?! PvPers? Ummm...no. I'm a customer, just like yourself (you aren't employed or funded by EA or Bioware in any form, are you?). Nobody is getting "flamed" for not agreeing with the "venom". Feel free to post how thrilled you are Andryah. We're expressing our disappointment in the 2.4 update, not our fellow gamers.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Andryah
07.17.2013 , 09:24 AM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by Ziso View Post
Hopefully somewhere in it all, guilds will have some proper love and not just a member xp bonus.
Waiting 18 months+ now for some basic guild features and the character cap issue they are aware of
While I agree in principle with you.. it was years before WoW added significant guild love to that MMO. Some MMOs never have even bothered.

I'm not comparing MMOs per se... I am simply pointing out that content and feature releases in MMOs do not happen over night. Some take years before they arrive.

Andryah
07.17.2013 , 09:28 AM | #227
He was telling others what to do Andryah, I used it to demonstrate how silly it was since it really has no effect.
I am very aware of what you were doing. And you know very well that if I had taken your tack.. you would have lectured me about it and encouraged me to settle down and be less aggressive.

Two wrongs do not make things right, nor serve as an object lesson. It's not even a good venting tool IMO. I know you are upset about 2.4 right now.. but why take it out on other forum members. There too much sniping and attacking at anyone that does not carry the banner of rage right now. It's an aggressive attempt to censor anyone who has differing views or opinions.

Andryah
07.17.2013 , 09:31 AM | #228
Nobody is getting "flamed" for not agreeing with the "venom". Feel free to post how thrilled you are Andryah. We're expressing our disappointment in the 2.4 update, not our fellow gamers.
I've been flamed (as have others) numerous times in this thread for doing nothing other then expressing a wait and see approach on 2.4 and taking the time to look at what was communicated from a more neutral stance.

And I'm fine with people expressing their disappointments, and frustrations, and even venting about it. Just not on the backs of other players who have a different outlook on the limited information disclosed to us yesterday.

Hate the game, not other forum members. Vent on the game, not other forum members. [I'm not directing this comment specifically at you.. but at the venomous attacking going on by some in this thread].

Ayelinna
07.17.2013 , 09:33 AM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post

but why take it out on other forum members. There too much sniping and attacking at anyone that does not carry the banner of rage right now. It's an aggressive attempt to censor anyone who has differing views or opinions.
oh my god the irony!

Thaladan
07.17.2013 , 09:37 AM | #230
the 05.24.2013 , 04:26 PM, BruceMaclean wrote :
Quote:
Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands

ahahahahaha finally another very good official joke.

/ kidding yourself