Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vaerah
07.17.2013 , 12:42 AM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Oh good - arenas. Lets copy a 9 year old MMO some more. Glad I'm going. Because lets face it, 1 new arena is a poor show for over 18 months of nothing in the pvp space.
It's sad to see a 9 year old MMO with children cartoonish looking characters still outpace and outrank the newest "WoW killer" MMO on the block.

New gear grind? It's typical of MMOs that FAIL and so they put people endlessy grind the same pixels + 1. Because they can't deliver content so they copy paste the same monkey tasks.

Heck look at GW2, PvP gear is same stats for everyone and makes the gameplay fair since day 1. And they keep adding new and fresh content and events, not recycle old stuff again and again.

Time to unsub again and this time for good. I don't like GW2 looks, "lore" (lol) and much more but hey, we have really been fooled one time too many here.

chuixupu
07.17.2013 , 01:24 AM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
500k ther are only 9 servers or something like that you really think there is 50k+ on each server?
There are 17 servers. The number of people who have created characters on a server isn't the same as the number of concurrent active players at one time. I may be subbed but I only log in at a few hours at a time on certain days.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Spamfritter
07.17.2013 , 02:22 AM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by iPvP View Post
really? instead of more pve content which you guys seem to love adding, make a pvp patch with new maps for pvp.. i dont undertstand how you can have 20 million planets that are HUGE but yet its hard to make a pvp map every few months. 4v4 sounds cool i guess but what about rwz? no incentive still to do those
The unfortunate reality is that new end game gear is necessary for new operations. If you don't have that in there then the new operations will be cleared within hours of their addition and will be deemed "too easy." I wish it weren't that way but that's just how it's got to be.

Also the new tier of gear may not be what we think it is. There is a chance that the next ops will drop 75's but be easier than the NiM content we have now. Thus allowing for more "casual" players to down the existing NiM content. This is of course a prelude to the next NiM operations which will reset things. That's what was done with NiM EC. It was substantially more difficult than TFB even though TFB dropped the same Dread Guard gear. Once you got full Dread Guard gear or close to it NiM EC was much more manageable.
CE VIP

Elear
07.17.2013 , 02:28 AM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

August 6th is still looking good for Game Update 2.3:
Players can look forward to the namesake of this update, Titans of Industry – a story arc that encompasses two new Flashpoints at level 55: Czerka Corporate Labs, and Czerka Core Meltdown.

(...)

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:

The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
Let's see, 'non-small' story arc consists of taking "go see him" quest, short main quest conversation, doing 2 FP each with one shor not interactive cutscene before final boss, and turning quest in.

So 'short story arc' means usual operation courier quest with even less story? Because I don't see how you can get any shorter than Titans of Industry.

Dawginole
07.17.2013 , 02:59 AM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by Spamfritter View Post
Also the new tier of gear may not be what we think it is. There is a chance that the next ops will drop 75's but be easier than the NiM content we have now. Thus allowing for more "casual" players to down the existing NiM content. This is of course a prelude to the next NiM operations which will reset things. That's what was done with NiM EC. It was substantially more difficult than TFB even though TFB dropped the same Dread Guard gear. Once you got full Dread Guard gear or close to it NiM EC was much more manageable.
I think you're dead on. I think these new Ops will be a bit harder and drop 75's with no set bonus. It will be like the Hazmat stuff compared to Dread Guard. We gear in 75's through that and then more folks can go back to the NiM's to get their set bonus gear.

However, if 66's are Tionese, 69's are Columi, 72's are Rakata, and 75's are the BH/Campaign equivalent, then we may still be looking at one more set of gear for this tier (78's?) before the level cap is pushed up again and we start over.

I also expect that to happen next year. They will push the cap up about every 6-9 months at this point until we hit 80 and then it will sit there for a few years. However WoW did things, just assume they will be copied.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

CrazyMcGee
07.17.2013 , 04:01 AM | #206
All the new stuff sounds really fun, but I couldn't resist throwing in a quick plea for some more achievement fixes along the way please!

Achievements came in 2.0 (and the codex system was in place long before). So while we're talking about 2.3, 2.4 and beyond, it would be great if we could get 2.0 working as intended too.

There are some small fixes that would make a really big difference - e.g. fix Beastmaster of Ilum and the Beastmaster title becomes achievable!

So whilst these updates sound great, I'm actually going to be more excited to see if we can get a lot more achievement fixes in the near future please.

islander
07.17.2013 , 07:21 AM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
500k ther are only 9 servers or something like that you really think there is 50k+ on each server?
18 servers, actually. Don't forget Europe's 9.
Gěllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

islander
07.17.2013 , 07:23 AM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by Primarch_PWnD View Post
Really? "Great Shape"?

Fix the GCD misfires and it'll be in "great shape". wow.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt. (I think that saying works better spoken)
Yeah, that flash grenade that took 2 secs real time to fire off in my rated last night tells me that the GCD issue is in "great shape"
Gěllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

MisterBlackJack
07.17.2013 , 07:38 AM | #209
The people on these forums amaze me. The update clearly states that this is not everything in 2.4 . Eric Musco comes out and reiterates that this isn’t everything to come. YET STILL people complain like this is the Entire patch. People need to be patient and know that more will come in time. This is just to be a tease.

Remember Treek wasn’t mentioned anywhere till 2.3 was on the PTS. Neutral role story mode flaspoints wasnt announced till the full patch notes were made. Hell the bonus boss Dread Entity in TFB wasn’t even known till dreadtooth 10 stacks was down.

People need to look at the positive and know that new content is coming as well as for those who are waiting for pvp know that more is coming. They just haven't revealed everything yet.
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

MisterBlackJack
07.17.2013 , 07:41 AM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
Let's see, 'non-small' story arc consists of taking "go see him" quest, short main quest conversation, doing 2 FP each with one shor not interactive cutscene before final boss, and turning quest in.

So 'short story arc' means usual operation courier quest with even less story? Because I don't see how you can get any shorter than Titans of Industry.
Now you are just complaining to complain. It's clear to me that when they talk about a short story arc for a planet, they mean a story arc for the size of Quesh or Tython or Hutta, instead of a storyarc for say an Alderaan or Makeb or Belsavis.
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE