Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tsillah
07.16.2013 , 03:35 PM | #111
Uhm...do any of you realise that this is a preview and not the PATCH NOTES.

They said a lot of big things were coming for PvP in 2.4, not that it would be only pvp or mostly pvp. I don't remember them saying that.

They now gave us one example of what is coming. What part of this preview now makes you think that this is it? Honestly they said they were going to do some major things in 2.4 for pvp...they didn't say it would be pvp only or centric as far as I remember and again...these are not the patch notes. Ask questions for more information but these reactions about pvp only getting these extra warzones might be a bit premature.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

DaRoamer
07.16.2013 , 03:37 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Kesphin View Post
So I guess we can't expect more than 2, right? This is what I hate in your marketing, you make us believe there are several warzones, like 3 or 4, maybe more and at the end it's only 2. Even if you didn't lie, we're (I am at least) disapointed.

Well at least that's something, and a good direction taken. Still I'm a bit worried about the new ops ; when I see how lazy you were lately, I'm not very confident (2 bosses in each and lots of trashes?). Again, we'll see, soon(tm).
Data mining suggests 3 new arenas.

taxidermis
07.16.2013 , 03:39 PM | #113
Lol. Bioware, this should go to show you how hard it is to please everyone. I for one can't wait for 2.4 hoping that the new planet is kinda like makeb in that it will feel like a continuation of the class stories, and hoping that the 2new ops will lead directly off of the new planet, like toborros and s&v did off of makeb. Thanks for the details and please ignore the childish winers. This game is gonna hit 2years in november, and gotta say, the amount of content given us in just the last year is great. Hoping once the dread masters arc is done, (guessing in Oct., from names of the 2 new ops) that we will get act 2 of the class stories. Thanks again!
Ashtor'aa, deception assassin, 55
Speresia, immortal juggernaut, 55
Ashterra, engineering sniper, 55
Hedriah, shield spec pt, 55
Hedr'a, arsenal merc, 55
Deadly Obsession

Hedra, gunnery commando,55, Guild leader-(The Grand Army of the Republic)
Rubix, Vanguard Hybrid, (The Grand Army of the Republic)

Begeren Colony veteran and proud! Never leaving!

Ayelinna
07.16.2013 , 03:41 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Uhm...do any of you realise that this is a preview and not the PATCH NOTES.

They said a lot of big things were coming for PvP in 2.4, not that it would be only pvp or mostly pvp. I don't remember them saying that.

They now gave us one example of what is coming. What part of this preview now makes you think that this is it? Honestly they said they were going to do some major things in 2.4 for pvp...they didn't say it would be pvp only or centric as far as I remember and again...these are not the patch notes. Ask questions for more information but these reactions about pvp only getting these extra warzones might be a bit premature.
Because Bioware are good at setting our expectations high by announcing things in advance.

funkiestj
07.16.2013 , 03:46 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
new story arc = PvE content
new operation = PvE content
new operation = PvE content
4v4 arenas = PvP content
new gear = PvP/PvE content.

so the update you (bioware) have been hyping for the last ~2 months as being the best thing since sliced bread for PvPers, is going to be mostly about adding PvE content? please tell me that this is the most broad outline of an update ever.....

and new gear? again? ffs......
Paging Season 1 to the white courtesy telephone. PvP has been starved for significant improvements since preseason was announced well nigh over a year ago and you can't do a single release that is PvP only?

Does anyone want to lay odds that endgame bolster will still have bugs and there will be no rated WZ disconnect solution (e.g. allow reconnects like flashpoints and operations do)?

Obsoleting my Conqueror so I can regrind gear for all of my endgame toons again: FU BW.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

funkiestj
07.16.2013 , 04:06 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
BW *********** starves PvP of meaningful change (LOL endgame bolster) for over a year and BW can't make the PvE crowd sit out for even a single release so PvP can get some real man power working on it? F U all.

Add to this the PvP player aggravation watching BW play wack-a-mole with endgame bolster bugs when those same engineering resources could be doing something players want to see instead of a failed endgame bolster[*] that addressed a miniscule problem (n00bs in WZ with PvE gear rather than PvP gear).

What? The people who work on PvE content are not the same folks who work on PvP? Have them sit out of doing PvE content for one release cycle and learn a bit about PvP.

At the very least, the PR release above is a psychological kick in the balls to PvP players.

---
[*] note: endgame bolster is a different issue from lowbie bolster

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

TridusSWTOR
07.16.2013 , 04:13 PM | #117
I mostly play PVE myself now a days but Bioware, you really gotta give some love to the PVP crew out there. I think everyone was expecting this to be a huge PVP overall of a patch but I see a ton of PVE related things.

I can only assume this change in direction was due to FFARR/ Wildstar MMO coming out in the near future? Don't leave the PVP's hanging on this patch, I mean they been waiting a while.

dankat
07.16.2013 , 04:13 PM | #118
I am looking forward to the new content, especially Planet Oricon, but for BioWare's sake, I hope that...
A: These Arenas are *********** amazing.
B: Ranked Season 1 will be included. It has too!
Damn the fool who said history doesn't repeat itself, he clearly was not talking about MMOS.

DarthOvertone
07.16.2013 , 04:18 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:
  • The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
  • New Operation: Dread Fortress
  • New Operation: Dread Palace
  • New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
  • New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear
So the much lauded 2.4 PvP Update is mostly an endgame PvE update with some PvP content thrown in? As a PvPer that has waited a year for some content, I'm supposed to get excited for 4v4 Arenas and a new PvP gear grind? Am I reading this right?
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

MisterBlackJack
07.16.2013 , 04:23 PM | #120
"This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on several longer term initiatives. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these and on what’s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information"

Seems like just like in real life, no one reads the fine print.
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE