Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WillHolmes
07.16.2013 , 02:52 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I do hope you reconsider leaving. You're a valuable customer they're loosing.
datamine (which has been right every single time so far) cornfirmed 3 arenas
Shadowlands - Chandrian

Toasterman - Heal MercHanjabba - Madness Sin
10/10 DF/DP NIM

WillHolmes
07.16.2013 , 02:52 PM | #102
Back when i first saw the posts about the summer of swtor they said 2.4 would have lots of pvp stuff to make pvp'ers happy.

NOT ONCE did they ever say its purely a PVP patch, they only said theres lots of PVP stuff.

So all you whining about their being 2 operations, saying they said its all PVP, are completely wrong and have no place to be complaining about something they did not say.

Heres the Quotes

"Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands "

- http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=643138

Thats 1 that doesnt say No PVE content.

"Game Update 2.4 is also in the pipe and being worked on for an October release. Even though our mantra is smaller more frequent patches this particular update is shaping up to be very big, with tons of new content and big PvP updates especially targeting Ranked play. We’ll start sharing details next month. If you absolutely *have* to glimpse the potential future, enter a Force trance and focus on these key phrases. Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters."

- http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6446780

So there is both of the posts that they mentioned ANYTHING about 2.4 in and guess what NEITHER SAYS NO PVE the actually both barely say its PVP just says look forward to PVP things.

Anyways if you paraphase and dont know how to read i understand how you could feel mislead but ive been saying for months that all those rage threads were gunna happen and yea well guess what they did

Beyond that had you done any research about the game the second you saw "Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters." you should have knows an operation was coming as since release the names oricon and dreadmasters have been connected to the final operation in this story arch.

least i showed proof this time !
Shadowlands - Chandrian

Toasterman - Heal MercHanjabba - Madness Sin
10/10 DF/DP NIM

TUXs
07.16.2013 , 02:57 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by WillHolmes View Post
datamine (which has been right every single time so far) cornfirmed 3 arenas
That's *********** sad. LAZY and uninspired crap.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Guinnessbass
07.16.2013 , 02:58 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Stubacca View Post
Wrong. They have stated again and again that they'd like to do them and that they were coming (soon), although they have been silent on the topic since they last said they wanted to implement them, which was in January and March of this year. We'd just like to finally get a target date/patch. Many including myself have cancelled my subscription because we still lack chat bubbles or any target date. If they finally gave us a patch number they targeted chat bubbles for and it isn't too far off so we can have something to look forward for, I and many others might just hang in there and renew my subscription when it expires to further fund the development of chat bubbles.
Can you boycott the forums too? Please.

EmblemElite
07.16.2013 , 03:00 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by WillHolmes View Post
Back when i first saw the posts about the summer of swtor they said 2.4 would have lots of pvp stuff to make pvp'ers happy.

NOT ONCE did they ever say its purely a PVP patch, they only said theres lots of PVP stuff.

So all you whining about their being 2 operations, saying they said its all PVP, are completely wrong and have no place to be complaining about something they did not say.

Heres the Quotes

"Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands "

- http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=643138

Thats 1 that doesnt say No PVE content.

"Game Update 2.4 is also in the pipe and being worked on for an October release. Even though our mantra is smaller more frequent patches this particular update is shaping up to be very big, with tons of new content and big PvP updates especially targeting Ranked play. We’ll start sharing details next month. If you absolutely *have* to glimpse the potential future, enter a Force trance and focus on these key phrases. Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters."

- http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6446780

So there is both of the posts that they mentioned ANYTHING about 2.4 in and guess what NEITHER SAYS NO PVE the actually both barely say its PVP just says look forward to PVP things.

Anyways if you paraphase and dont know how to read i understand how you could feel mislead but ive been saying for months that all those rage threads were gunna happen and yea well guess what they did

Beyond that had you done any research about the game the second you saw "Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters." you should have knows an operation was coming as since release the names oricon and dreadmasters have been connected to the final operation in this story arch.

least i showed proof this time !
You could have just said "I like PVE"
Vanguard Amano Lethal Dose Fifty
PoT5

Warshades
07.16.2013 , 03:02 PM | #106
Its been a long hot day here, so I forget, is today April 1st?
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

Kesphin
07.16.2013 , 03:04 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
  • New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
So I guess we can't expect more than 2, right? This is what I hate in your marketing, you make us believe there are several warzones, like 3 or 4, maybe more and at the end it's only 2. Even if you didn't lie, we're (I am at least) disapointed.

Well at least that's something, and a good direction taken. Still I'm a bit worried about the new ops ; when I see how lazy you were lately, I'm not very confident (2 bosses in each and lots of trashes?). Again, we'll see, soon(tm).

Terrel
07.16.2013 , 03:07 PM | #108
2.4 "PVP" update

2 new pve operation

??? u kiddin me??

Alec_Fortescue
07.16.2013 , 03:07 PM | #109
October is just... Holy mowly
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

Brunner_Venda
07.16.2013 , 03:20 PM | #110
Just goes to show how little Bioware listens to their PVP player base.

We asked for new warzones (i.e. more than one) including a new huttball map.

We asked for bug fixes. Queuing and backfill are still badly broken. Bolster is still broken. People are still getting stuck during leaps and rolls. Warzones often pick the wrong winner in VoidStar(??!).

We asked for some class balance. When it takes more than four players to burst down certain classes, how the **** is a 4 vs 4 going to work?!

We asked for ranked season one. Where is it?! It's been seven months. Shame on you.

We asked for slightly better matchmaking in pug PVP, so that all of the healers don't get stacked on one team.

Do you understand the words that are coming out of our mouths? I don't mind a gear grind so long as it
comes with all new content to do it with.