Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EmblemElite
07.16.2013 , 02:24 PM | #91
This was suppose to be our time!

The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the bestest stuff for us. But right now they gotta do what's right for them, 'cause it's their time. Their time, up there. Down here it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket.
Vanguard Amano Lethal Dose Fifty
PoT5

TUXs
07.16.2013 , 02:25 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Oh good - arenas. Lets copy a 9 year old MMO some more. Glad I'm going. Because lets face it, 1 new arena is a poor show for over 18 months of nothing in the pvp space.
I do hope you reconsider leaving. You're a valuable customer they're loosing.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 free transfer 7-day free sub Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

chuuuuucky
07.16.2013 , 02:32 PM | #93
Well you should wait every Patch from the summer of swtor had at least one more update after it was initally released. So before you freak out wait another 2 to 3 weeks. I agree that the situation about the amount of PvP content needs some calrification sooner then later. But i also think that we can't expect them to clarify something like that the second they released the news.
As said in another thread give a hint what else to expect in update 2.4 and be honset. If the word incredible, awesome, you are going to die when you... appears in the clarification and then later you add completely new class balancing and nothing else you will pretty much burn in hell for hyping it.
If 2.4 has no additional content but a patch 3 to 4 months after 2.4 say it say so. 4 x 4 arenas will keep most pvp players busy but if that's all they can wait for you will probably loose alot of pvp players or they leave after that content bores them again and they decide that this time they don't want to be fooled again.

EmblemElite
07.16.2013 , 02:38 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by chuuuuucky View Post
Well you should wait every Patch from the summer of swtor had at least one more update after it was initally released. So before you freak out wait another 2 to 3 weeks. I agree that the situation about the amount of PvP content needs some calrification sooner then later. But i also think that we can't expect them to clarify something like that the second they released the news.
As said in another thread give a hint what else to expect in update 2.4 and be honset. If the word incredible, awesome, you are going to die when you... appears in the clarification and then later you add completely new class balancing and nothing else you will pretty much burn in hell for hyping it.
If 2.4 has no additional content but a patch 3 to 4 months after 2.4 say it say so. 4 x 4 arenas will keep most pvp players busy but if that's all they can wait for you will probably loose alot of pvp players or they leave after that content bores them again and they decide that this time they don't want to be fooled again.
2.4 is October time frame. That's not summer.
Vanguard Amano Lethal Dose Fifty
PoT5

Rhyn
07.16.2013 , 02:39 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
Huh, was I crying? I didn't see that. Just not surprised that people are getting angry about something when they didn't read the entire post.
Well for us PvPer's, we have seen extremely limited content, broken bolster system, resolve and cc issues, and some AC issues. We were told this update, 2.4, was the PvP update, and I know many people that are using 2.4 as the make or break for keeping subs. So with the lack of dialog with the PvP community, EA/BW track record for PvP, and with 3/4 of the released info for the PVP patch being PvE you should understand why there is concern. We are not stupid and can read we are just very concern with the lack of PvP info for the PvP patch. And yes we understand that is not a complete list.
Rn

<Regulators>

Tragamite
07.16.2013 , 02:40 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
Hello everyone!

Here is a fresh update on where we are at in terms of

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:
  • The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
  • New Operation: Dread Fortress
  • New Operation: Dread Palace
  • New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
  • New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear
This isnt an exhaustive list, and we are also working on several longer term initiatives. As we get closer well have a lot more juicy details on these and on whats above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information!
Your tease of 2.4 being big and PvP oriented is not being portrayed here well at all. You list 2 item that PvP related and one suggest another gear gap bolster debacle.
What needs to be addressed for a PvP patch is...
  • WZ maps and new WZs
  • Queue system update
  • Open World PvP areas
  • Companions and PvP
  • Crafting PvP gear
  • Season 1+
  • Legacy Valor
  • Bolster and the gear gap and progression

I'm sure there is more I'm missing here but these are some of the areas of note that NEED to be talked about from the Development team. Tell us what is probable so we can continue to sub because the future is not looking that good for PvPers.

What is the idea behind promoting 2.4 as PvP love? Show us something that is worth the grind that will be a new tier of gear.
Whocsllessur Jugg Tank 65, Etim'a'grt Sorc DPS 55, Ruspe-Rurob PT Tank 55, AR-lS Sniper DPS 65, Skltor Sin Tank 55 Pesch-rushi Guard Tank 55, Tragamite Scoundrel Heals 55, Slughter Van DPS 55, Sh-R Sage DPS 55

Jerba
07.16.2013 , 02:41 PM | #97
New Operation: Dread Fortress
New Operation: Dread Palace
So are we splitting operations now as well? I thought The Dread Masters was supposed to be a single operation.

Now, I don't mind having smaller operations. Seven bosses in S&V was pushing the limit. My only concern is that they are using this to stretch the older content that had already been in development last summer, before the game went F2P. We do not know anything about other new flashpoints/operations in development; The Dread Masters was the last one leaked onto Torhead...

chuuuuucky
07.16.2013 , 02:46 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by EmblemElite View Post
2.4 is October time frame. That's not summer.
You realize even that it's missleading about the time 2.4 hits the server it is more a name and not a date?

kodrac
07.16.2013 , 02:48 PM | #99

Game Update 2.4 is also in the pipe and being worked on for an October release. Even though our mantra is smaller more frequent patches this particular update is shaping up to be very big, with tons of new content and big PvP updates especially targeting Ranked play. Well start sharing details next month. If you absolutely *have* to glimpse the potential future, enter a Force trance and focus on these key phrases. Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters.
Big PvP updates.

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:
  • The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
  • New Operation: Dread Fortress
  • New Operation: Dread Palace
  • New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
  • New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear
and we get 2 ops.

Devilk
07.16.2013 , 02:48 PM | #100
Love how PvE gets two entire new operations and pvp'ers get 4v4 warzones arenas. How about a new 8v8 warzone bioware?