Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Work with Pride. Work with Czerka.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Work with Pride. Work with Czerka.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Radzkie
07.18.2013 , 10:10 AM | #401
CZ-198 Droid Technician Application

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka Family?

The name's Elim Lovecraft, racer and mechanic extraordinaire back in the pits of Nar Shaddaa. Used to own a real nice Reaper, one of those dual-phase models with the plastosteel shielding and quad-propulsion engine. Had enough kick to beat a rancor off the line...

Anyway. I left that life behind me a few years ago; found myself swimming in debt and had the local cartels jumping down my throat. Fell in with a bad crew selling spice off the side to jumped up spacers looking for some quick kicks as they ran between the Jedi-Sith meridian. Not my most pleasant memories, but they landed me in a repair shop on Tatooine where I was responsible for all of the misfit, second-hand droids that made their way through the sector. Taught me quite a bit about the mechanics -- not that I was a greenhorn by any stretch of the imagination; I already knew my way through a central processing mainframe and could wipe even the unruliest of droids clean within a matter of minutes.

So, to answer the second part of the question, I want to join Czerka for the opportunity. I've been to dark places and had to drag myself up by the scrap around my feet, and Czerka is looking like the answer. I may not be unique in my skillset, but I've certainly got the drive, and wouldn't pass up this opportunity for the galaxy. Besides, I've never had a family before. Sounds like a good deal to me.

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)

Held first place in the Nar Shaddaa Central Boulevard Grand Prix for three years running with the bike I mentioned above. The Reaper. She was a beauty, I tell you. Perhaps nothing special for this generation, given the archaic design and low-spec systems, but I fancy the classics.

On top of that, I was a bit of an explorer in my misbegotten youth. Mapped out a series of hyperspcae routes from the Colonies to the Outer Rim. Netted quite the profit off that, and I'm still seeing the commission payoff occasionally.

Bought a pile of scraps off the local Jawas near Anchorhead and turned them into an all-purpose maintenance and defensive unit dubbed C7-14T. Unit could self-repair and function semi-autonomously with the right command module. Became quite the asset until I sold it off to a hunter's lodge for nearly fifteen times the price I initially paid on it.

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above? Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?

Sweat, blood, and perseverance. There were many occasions where giving up would have been easier, but I pressed forth. While my methods were not always pristine, they got the job done, and I'm here today because of it. I don't buckle after a few bad turns. No; I see my jobs through to the end, regardless of the cost. I'm a bit pedantic that way.

4. Would you say that you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something... questionable?

Morality's a subjective thing. It's right when it's right, wrong when it's wrong, and trying to pin down a paradigm just doesn't suit me. Maybe you could call me a hedonist, but the "right" path for me is the one that lines my pockets and leaves me satisfied at the end of the day. As for "questionable," well... some questions are better left unasked. What one doesn't know can't hurt, or so the old adage goes.

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?

With such a vague situation, I could only give possibilities in response. To begin with, the extend to which I respect my colleague is an important factor in my following actions. If this person happens to be detrimental to the company's goals, or is perhaps too careless/idealistic, I would be less inclined to provide them with my express assistance in salvaging their reputation. Truly, friendship is a wondrous thing, but I digress. Considering the given prompt, here are my most likely actions:

First, I assess the danger of the situation. How confidential is the experiment? How dangerous? What were the costs involved? If I find that this experiment could potential harm the company, then my course of action is determined: Disassemble it before its existence can be confirmed by any outsiders. In the event that an outsider witnesses this experiment, I will be obligated to ensure that they understand their liability in injunction and other legal suits that may result from their wandering eyes, as thoroughly extrapolated on in the Czerka user manual (truly a life-saving purchase for any potential employees). However, should the experiment be of only marginal danger, and the cost of disassembly/requisition exceed the initial costs of the experiment's conception, I may deem it in the company's best interest to liquefy the project and its assets to prevent any potential information leaks and to ensure the safety of all Czerka employees that may otherwise be affected by such a matter.

The_Hegemon
07.18.2013 , 10:38 AM | #402
CZ-198 Security Officer Application

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?

Ex-republic specforce. I hear you have good medical insurance. The army's sucks.

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)
I have arm-wrestled a wookie, wooed a sith, and beat a chiss at dejarik... at the same time, while drunk on Sullustan gin, and taking a holocall from my mistress.

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?
Is this a trick question. Natural talent. and yes.

4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?
Moral compa...? What.. Is that some sort of navigation device?

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?
Well, I would look at the marvelous buffet that you have generously provided for us, select the most scrumptious looking dish, throw half of it at the experiment, throw the other half at my least favorite person in the room, and leave... sealing the door behind me, of course.

-Rick

DOCSMonkey
07.18.2013 , 11:27 AM | #403
******** Incoming Transmission********
This Is Darth Tafahlia of the Dark council.
It has come to my attention that my brother has applied for a position with your corporation. I urge you to select him as a member of your security team. Failure to do so will result in a "workforce slowdown" due to the many new vacant positions I have personally seen to.
******** Uploading Imperial Security footage********
http://docsmonkey.imgur.com/all/
******** Upload complete ********
********End Transmission********
Bounty Hunter? I prefer "Well-Compensated Establishment Provocateur."
Crestker LvL 55 Powertech
Tafahlia LvL 55 Sorcerer

RedHatGuy
07.18.2013 , 11:38 AM | #404
41 pages.. still no clue what this is all about. Is this just for giggles or what?

ikinai
07.18.2013 , 11:49 AM | #405
Quote: Originally Posted by RedHatGuy View Post
41 pages.. still no clue what this is all about. Is this just for giggles or what?
Hiring for Czerka is no giggling matter.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

BobaAtomhero
07.18.2013 , 11:54 AM | #406
1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?
Hi my name is Drem'arak I am a Republic Trooper and I have been serving the Republic for some time now. The reason why I joined up with the Republic is because when I was a boy the Empire invaded my homeworld and killed my parents and most of the people living there. When the Republic arrived they found me in the rubble and ashes of what once was my home because of this that is why I enlisted in the Republic military. I want to be a Security Officer in the Czerka corporation because I appreciate what you do and would love to defend her and her people.

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.) Some of the great accomplishments in my life would be when I was awarded a trophy for being the MVP at my basketball game, I stood up for my friend when no one else would, and I got 3rd place at my church's race.

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success? I achieved those accomplishments with hard work, dedication, and never giving up NO MATTER WHAT OBSTACLES AROSE.

4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable? I think I have a very strong moral compass. Would it get in the way of this job no it would not get in the way of this job. If the job requires me to do something out of my comfort zone I would do it because when I applied for the job that meant I would stay loyal and true to it.

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation? I would holocall my colleague let him know there is something wrong with his experiment and try to contain it as long as I could while my colleague came and got it under control since it's his experiment. If he couldn't arrive I would look through his notes or find any information on how to handle this creature and contain it.
Malgus is waiting!

Radzkie
07.18.2013 , 12:11 PM | #407
Quote: Originally Posted by RedHatGuy View Post
((OOC: It's a RP event. Which may I add, I'm extremely excited about! ))

spac
07.18.2013 , 12:32 PM | #408
Hello, I am Dennthoro Vizla, I am 33 years old, an acomplished hunter, ex-Mandalorian, and currently Enlisted Imperial. I would like to fill out the application so I may be accepted as a Biochemical Engineer.

1: Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?

I have always been a buyer of Czerka technology, relying on only the most advanced gear for any operation. Czerka has always delivered that. I have been a succesful hunter-- of both humanoid, insectoid, and and many other biological subjects. I want to be a part of Czerka because I have seen firsthand the technological prowess they have, and today, strive to increase. I have always found honor in aiding the people who have aided me-- in otherwords, doing onto others. Helping grow and increase scientific understanding is my dream, and I'd love to help Czerka achieve even more.

2: At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of.

Recently I opened up a blockade in Hutt space, with only my starship and a dozen torpedos; Med-packs and foodstuffs were needed on Makeb, and I managed to help the citizens planet-side. I pride myself on several kills I have made in my long career. 5 rancors within Huttese Gladitorial pits, 3 dozen Bull Reeks, on Tatooine. I have also taken the lives of over 100 Esh-ka, native to Belsavis. I am a nocive scientist. I have created three new Med-packs, non of which I have sold, and may other adrenals, which will help aid the wounded and bolster their confidence in times of distress.

4: How did you achieve the accomplishments above? Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?

I achieved these accomplishemnts through sweat, blood, and focus. I will work long hours, in or out of the field, and anywhere to achieve complete success. I will sacrafice time and my personal credit amount to aid Czerka however they see fit.

5: Do you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something....questionable?

As I said before, I will do whatever it takes, whatever and wherever. I have always been trusted doing jobs that are dangerous, and risky. My work in general is questionable. Weapons to Med-packs, seige engines to hospitals, killing, to healing, I will accept any job details, gruesome or not. I have just enough of a moral compass to make me human. Imagination has no bounds.

6: You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?

Of course, first, I would let authorities know. Sound the alarm if needed. I am an accomplished combatant, and would take the situation into my own hands if it gets that serious. Safety above all else.
Your Republic has driven a blade into the heart of the Mando' people. Now prepare to have a blade deriven into you Jedi!--Spac the Heartless

thatghost
07.18.2013 , 01:10 PM | #409
CZ-198 Research Contributor Application

My middle name is 'discretion'. Remember that little incident on Tatooine? I don't either, if you're paying enough.

• I once smuggled a head in a jar to a discerning client. Not only did it reach its destination in record time but I also never ever once considered playing kickball with it.
  • I made the Big Boom Run on Ord Mantell and still have all my limbs and most of my sanity intact.
  • I pitched in on Makeb, saved countless lives, earned the honorary title of 'Guardian of Makeb', and didn't completely ransack Pollus Avesta's office for valuables before skipping planet.

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?
My wits. Always wits. It's just coincidence that my co-pilot calls my blaster "Wits". Credits, success, call it whatever you want...but if you call it 'credits' then I'll take whatever you want.

4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?
I'm all about navigational flexibility. That has nothing to do with my ship, by the way. Er...you'd let me keep my ship, right?

Enough Reactor Cores and I didn't see a thing. Enough credits and I didn't hear a thing, either. As long as I can keep my Wits about me the situation is under control. Trust me. I didn't do it!

lorelthesecond
07.18.2013 , 01:39 PM | #410
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Kesphin,

It is unfortunate that I must inform you that Mr. Blys has rejected your application since you failed the reading comprehension requirement. If you would like to resubmit your application we would be more than happy to review it!
lol...