Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Work with Pride. Work with Czerka.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Work with Pride. Work with Czerka.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lunalynxz
07.16.2013 , 02:00 PM | #31
1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?

Sometimes the best things in life are free, and sometimes they've got big price tags attached. Working for Czerka would give me an opportunity to afford those things. As a smuggler, I understand that there are advancements and mysteries of the universe to be seized, for the right price. Czerka would allow me to both understand these mysteries, help my fellow man, and line my pockets with much needed creds.

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)

Surviving the Balmorian wastelands, my trip in and out of Belsavis, and beating my Wookie friend at Pazaak.

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?

Balmora-luck. Belsavis-skill. Pazaak-a card or two up my sleeve.

4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?

Define "questionable." Sometime you've got to bend the rules to get paid. But I don't bend the rules when it comes to slavery, kids, and my ship. All three are off limits and out of bounds for me.

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?

A quick copy of his notes and a sabotaging of his experiment should do nicely. This way I can "succeed" where he failed, or at least find a higher bidder for the work. I mean, if he wasn't smart enough to secure the whole thing with the proper containment field, he really doesn't deserve to be my colleague. Or, if I'm feeling generous, lock down the lab site and let him come back to deal with his own mistake. How else will he learn?

CourtneyWoods
07.16.2013 , 02:00 PM | #32 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Is this some sort of role playing thing?
On the contrary, here at Czerka, we take our hiring process very seriously.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

ravnika
07.16.2013 , 02:02 PM | #33
Join the Czerka team! Please fill out the following application and respond in this thread to be considered for the open positions listed here.

CZ-198 Application

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?
As a member of Exo Imperium, i do not affiliate myself with the republic or the empire in anyway. in time they will bow together to the might of Exo and her people as so many have before. For now, as both a woman of health and the force, i work my ways to ensuring the survival of my people. it is clear that czerka has the opportunities i seek to ensure what i desire most for my brothers and sisters of Exo

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)

I am Æthra Sanato're, Darth and second in command of the Verztiis Dvenjiin House of Exo, i am the visionary mystic of my people and leader in guidance through the force for all you seek what they desire, light or dark, good or evil, my roles surpass the mundane and usher forth the new generations of Exoians to our ways of life.

i have aspired to a highly trusted role within my guild
i am a main healer for my guild both full 162 rating gear currently and highest HOT output over most on the server
my knowledge on starwars alone puts me at a heightened advantage over anyone who challenges my authority

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?

i lost and regained my body from the nexus, because the force willed it, i will stop at nothing to see that my people survive. the physical plane of exsistance is trivial for me but not for them...the sacrifices i have made will not be wasted. either i seek the answers to protecting and keeping my people alive or they die....

4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?

nothing will standing the way of what i desire, my people come first and anyone else is nothing but a test subject or and ant waiting to be crushed, brought back to life for testing, then crushed again...

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?

if it posses a threat to those who are important i will not hesitate to kill it or at the very least prevent it from doing harm to those i see fit.
Not all emotions are negative ones, nor do all lead to the dark side of the force. What matters is how we wield our emotions, and why we lift the blade of our hearts.

CourtneyWoods
07.16.2013 , 02:02 PM | #34 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
Will joining Czerka ensure that chat bubbles will be implemented in one of the next patches? If I get a guarantee for that, I'll join for the greater good of the game.
Unfortunately, we are unable to discuss specifics of ongoing Czerka projects with non-employees, including applicants. Please consider submitting an application as we feel you could be a wonderful addition to our Czerka family.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

crimtor
07.16.2013 , 02:02 PM | #35
Well, I feel that all the trips through "The Thing Czerka Found" got me enough Czerka employee blood on my to qualify as a family member of Czerka Corps.

<Imperial Legacy of Tatooine>, to show my dedication for Fixing Czerka's mistakes, even the ones made in the middle of the damned desert on a planet hotter than Phoenix in July.
<Republic Legacy of Tatooine> [see above]
<Legacy of Tatooine> Seriously, I've fixed your crap eight times over. Whether it's handing some wacky piece of Rakata technology over to you, or dealing with the "very special" forces you send to deal with it, I've done more than most of your employees do their entire career.

Did you not hear me? I FIXED YOUR DAMN MISTAKES. Take a Czerka-brand fiber-wrapped plexistick and scrub the wax out of your ears.

What the hell is a compass? Some kind of pass for a comm-log? You said something about morals and questionable actions, and I'm going to have to plead the fifth on that one.

I'd point at the experiment, shout "Look! A two-headed Kowakian Monkey-Lizard!", then while everyone's attention is turned on the experiment that's shortly going to move me up the corporate ladder, grab an armful of snacks, an armful of cocktail waitress, and get the hell off the planet.

Djuna
07.16.2013 , 02:03 PM | #36
********************************** BEGIN ENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION ****************************************

W/R/T JOB POSTING FOR "Security Officer" Czerka Corp. CZ-198

Please find below my responses to your initial questionnaire:

Having worked for both Imperial Intelligence and the SIS, and finding both of them frankly lacking in entreprenurial skills, I have found my interest drawn away from the military and more toward the commercial arena. I read a profile of Rasmus Blys in CQ while waiting at AestheTec for my quarterly appearance refresh, and I found his and Czerka's interests aligned quite neatly with my own. I would be proud to work among such titans of industry.

As many of my achievements in my previous roles remain classified, I beg your patience with the level of allusion below. Should you require additional clarification or further details I can furnish them to a Czerka representative with the correct clearance level.
  • Participated in a [REDACTED] on [REDACTED] leading to the unfortunate destruction of [REDACTED] and the dissolution of [REDACTED] but preservation of self and crew.
  • Revealed the duplicity of [REDACTED] and defeated him, with collateral damages estimated in the low [REDACTED].
  • Proved leadership skills by assembling a crew including a gun-for-hire, a scientist, an archaeologist, a former diplomatic envoy, an assassin droid, a second generation Imperial Agent and a factotum / bucket of bolts that is beneath mention (except as a status symbol). All members of my team are unflinchingly loyal and each of them may be found to have some use within Czerka.

I would rather say that failure is not an option. I have deep reserves of determination, combined with an instinctive ability to use the right tool for the task. My skills of persuasion are far higher in person than in a job application, and these have furnished me with opportunities that I have not been afraid to embrace. I am an expert interrogator, a crack shot, handy with a blade, and have (with my colleague Dr Lokin) developed an extremely effective new form of corrosive grenade (patent pending).

I feel that excessive consideration of morality often leads to missed opportunities and regret. My morals are as flexible as the wrist on my throwing arm.

I would query the esteem attributed to a colleague with such lax security considerations. In order to teach this colleague a lesson, I would leave him in the laboratory with his experiment, short out the automatic doors, slice the alarm system and let nature take its course. I would, however, leave a holocam running in the room so that no valuable research from the interaction would be lost.

Should you require any further information or wish to discuss the role further, you can reach me through the holofrequency noted in my resumé (attached). For the sake of both of our security, I would ask that you use the third encryption key I have provided to you for all such communications.

Thank you for your consideration,

Djuna Malaprop.

One (1) Attachment: DMRES (download?)
This file has been scanned for viruses using CZERKA™ CRYPTO-CLEANER™ and is safe to access.

****************************** END ENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION ******************************************

Hendar
07.16.2013 , 02:08 PM | #37
CZ-198 Application

Names Hendar Gahn, I'm a Pilot an' freelance entrepreneur. I consider myself very open to new business ventures, the galaxy is crawlin' with ripe business opportunities for people willin' to grab hold and take a chance. I think I'd be a good addition to the Czerka family 'cause I have the know how to get things done proper! I'm good at keepin' a low profile and I'd be a loyal addition to the Czerka family.

Too easy to answer, thems' are my ship, my Black Nebula Heavy Blaster and my skilful aim good sir!

Oh yeah, I'd do whatevah it takes, yes sir! Had to pry that ship back from a damn thief once and my class act beauty of a blaster cost me an arm and a leg, plus I got plenti'o practice targets in my line of work to get that aim down proper!

Meh, nothin' wrong with questionable enterprises as long as them outcome is good! Once shot a bloke before our duel had even started! That was a good day, I got paid an' everyone was happy 'cept the bloke I shot.

Well, I reckon I'd report to the highest rankin' officer around, if it got out of hand I'd let Miss Nebula speak for me. O'course I'd do whatevah I can to salvage that lil' experiment of theirs first. No sense in wastin' good resources and it escapin' might be a good opportunity to test its limits!
The Progenitor - REFERRAL
-------------------------------------
Origin: Brageyboy | Steam: Hendar

Grimsblood
07.16.2013 , 02:08 PM | #38
CZ-198 Application - Security Officer
"Applicants with abundant conflict experience will receive priority consideration."

To be an employee of Czerka one must commit their self, time, and resources to create the finest products and technologies that one can; exceptional goods fit for kings and queens, marketed and sold to every sapient being in the galaxy. Anything less would be treason! I have the motivation and the drive to succeed in this environment. You ask why I want to be a part of the Czerka family; I ask you, why would you not want someone who has the same commitment and skills your Special Executives do?

I have accomplished much in my time. So much so I have trouble counting which would be the most important ones. I have challenged and defeated an Ancient Alien Warlord that was locked up for thousands of years. This Warlord rocked the Galaxy before Czerka existed, before Coruscant and the Galactic Republic was formed, back in a time when Tatooine was not such a barren waste land. This warlord was released by the war between the Republic and Sith Empire, by my hand that evil was defeated. Following my actions on Belsavis, I was sent to take care of an issue with the Hutt's. For some reason, they felt it prudent to feed me to a Rancor (a rather large Rancor I may add). Needless to say, their goal was not satisfied. Furthermore, that pet Rancor (along with the Hutt and Hutt's organization) will not be heard from again. Long story short, I killed a rancor single handed with nothing but a Vibroblade. After my "skills" became known, I was recruited by the Gree (an ancient Alien race that disappeared from the known Galaxy after building Coruscant) to go to one of their home planets to push off an invading creature from another dimension. When I got to the planet I had to fight my way through indigenous vicious wildlife, Dread Guards (a radical sect of Sith not loyal to the Empire), ancient Gree defenses and a Giant Enhanced Lizard (that was thought to be killed on Denova) before reaching the beast. The fight with this creature was long and painstakingly annoying. In the end I finished off the creature in the void, pushed it back into its dimension and sealed the gateway. These are some of my most recent "adventures" shall we say. They make me qualified in facets that no on else can be.

Seeing as how my success was and is innately dependent on whether I am dead or alive, I choose to remain alive and by extension successful. I do whatever it takes.

My moral compass points towards my success and life. What is required for both points due north. In order to be successful in work, I must do what is necessary to complete my objectives.

"You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?"

This is quite the interesting hypothetical. I would begin by finishing collecting the snacks and cocktails I was after. On my way to the experiment I would casually place restraining cuffs on my incompetent colleague. Upon reaching the experiment I would either lure it (biological in nature) or move it (mechanical in nature) on to my colleagues star ship. Once that is complete, the star ship gets sent into the middle of the nearest sun. This method accomplishes multiple objectives:

1) I still get to enjoy my booze and snacks.
2) The colleague is restrained and available for punishment for his incompetence (it is of paramount importance Czerka does not have morons working for them).
3) The threat to the facility is removed.

Bonus: That incompetent colleague is (at the very least) punished for his actions with the loss of his star ship.

In closing, I have the proper mind and skill set to excel and make Czerka a stronger corporation. Nothing short of greatness is acceptable.
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

PropheticDreams
07.16.2013 , 02:10 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Join the Czerka team! Please fill out the following application and respond in this thread to be considered for the open positions listed here.

CZ-198 Application

Hello! My name is Lorran-Ardel and I know I'd make an excellent addition to Czerka Corporation!

1) As of the premier "shadows" of the Jedi Order, traveling throughout the galaxy is not only a requirement, but a personal hobby. And amongst my travels, I've run into the Czerka corporations technological advancements numerous times. Czerka is ambitious, bold & innovative, why WOULDN'T anyone want to join? I'm constantly impressed by Czerka's involvement in various spheres in the galaxy. From a proud Huttball sponsor to building that incredible, above top-secret super weapon on Tatooine (Don't worry, I won't tell anyone ), Czerka is clearly the enterprise for an up and coming Jedi such as myself!

2) A) Well for starters, I've encountered and assisted the Gree MANY times on their gateway world Asation. I'm pretty much their go-to guy for problems with their technology. Wouldn't you want the guy with the technological prowess to fix a hypergate to work for Czerka? Most people in the galaxy haven't even heard of a Gree OR a hypergate!
B) Successfully defeated 2 Rakghoul abominations born from the epidemic that engulfed Tatooine a year ago. (1 was a bounty hunter who had been infected, then crashed into a Sarlacc pit, inexplicably growing up to 35ft tall, the other was a Rakghoul infected Bantha.) Did I mention I discovered the source of the epidemic. (Hint: it's classified info, so I'll just say "Stardream")
C) Led a group of extraordinary individuals deep into a secret prison on Belsavis, giving the chance to study ancient Rakata technology.

3) The best way to describe how I accomplished all of my achievements is very simple: Find out what needs to be done, then do it. People can argue technicalities, but it really doesn't get much more complicated than that. When you encounter Sith on a day-to-day basis, you learn very quickly to adapt and figure out.....alternative solutions to complex problems.

4) As stated above, Jedi live by a certain code but...creative solutions are abound in this galaxy.

5) Immediately restrain said experiment myself (I'm sure the company has an investment in it that needs to be protected), reprimand colleague for his shoddy performance/restraints, possibly file report with superior, enjoy cocktail. Probably a double.

Hope to hear back! Thank you for the opportunity!

Sincerely,

Lorran-Ardel
Barsenthor, Perfect Gold Bisector, SIS-Freelancer
Jedi Shadow
Tython

Thiesus
07.16.2013 , 02:12 PM | #40
I am Lineage, a Sith Lord. The position I am applying for is Security Officer.

I figured since current prospects have been low that I would conquer...I mean join your organization just to kill time.

I killed my master...I mean to say removed him of his position through other means. I recently took over some property through...persuasive means. I attacked a stronghold and took out thousands..once again, I meant to say I helped in the removal of my enemies.

Mostly through force...That is to say seer intelligence. And yes I would.

Yeah..I'm pretty sure I have one of those lying around somewhere... Hardly...wait, that's what a moral compass is?

I would do nothing and laugh as the experiment is kills some people and then subdue it myself...By that I mean I would help in securing the creature before any harm befell my allies.
"There is no emotion they said. There is peace they said. Then explain why I'm in the middle of a war!?"