Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Work with Pride. Work with Czerka.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Work with Pride. Work with Czerka.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EJedi
07.16.2013 , 06:08 PM | #181
1. Utinni!

2. Utinni!

3. Utinni!

4. Utinni!

5. Utinni!
If you pick up a novel, and see pages 2-899 only as obstacles between pages 1 and 900, then it may just be that you don't like reading.

Pyrozest
07.16.2013 , 06:10 PM | #182
To: Hiring Manager
CZERKA CORPORATION

Prophecy of the Five
Republic Chapter

CZ-198 Application

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?
As a Jedi I am very interested in the Biochemical Pharmacist aspect of employment. I have mastered as much as I can with existing data and have produced some very useful products. I am interested in furthering my profession and increase upon my skills with your company and better the galaxy with my findings.
2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)
1) I ended the threat of the Emperor interests in genocidal exterminations upon the galaxy.
[INDENT2) I successfully evacuated the citizens of Makeb from disaster through the Hutt Cartel and am currently working to stabilize local planetary populace for a safe environment for the return of the evacuated citizens.][/INDENT]
3) I have recently put the justice 1 of the 6 Dread Masters through a Republic sponsored champaign on the planet Darvannis.
3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?
With my 3 listed accomplishments it has only taken a fair amount of sacrifices to get the job done. The accomplishments speak for themselves as do the work it took to perform effectively. In the end, I stand by thee end results.
4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?
I would say I have a very strong moral compass. My references from the Jedi Counsel can attest to this, however, when I am presented with a challenge to perform my duties, there are always the questionable means that must be explored in order to have any kind of impact. It is important to take all possible avenues into account and then take the appropriate measures to be able to fulfill the necessary tasks for the job.
5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?
I have been training my entire life. I would act in a manner that would preserve the interests to the corporation as well as minimize any and all potential threats to the newest experiment; thus saving the corporation's investments and render reputation disparagement's to zero by insuring operational securities remain private to only those who need to know within the corporation.
▮▮▮╣◙◙Θ∌)╣█████████████████████████████)

Inflicktion
07.16.2013 , 06:11 PM | #183
((Love the nod to RPers here, BW, thanks!))

CZ-198 Application: Organism Handler

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?
Born to the icy depths of Csila I took particular interest in the indigenous that called such a place home. By every indication in my studies such extremes would have rendered the planet inhabitable to most species, but evolution had proved the contrary. Even my own species is said to have ascended from human origin. Naturally when the Chiss Ascendancy offered me a role as a biological researcher I took it. I was to travel to Imperial-held worlds and study the species on each; studying the peculiarities of every creature from Womp Rat to Rancor! The end goal being the recipe for the perfect genetic specimen. Unfortunately, however, as my research progressed the Ascendancy became increasingly concerned with the shape it was taking so they pulled the plug. But how could you stop a painter from his art?

Taking my data I fled the Ascendancy in search for a more understanding home; a family like Czerka. While my experience might make me most suited for a Biochemical Engineer, I profess I have little desire to continue research in that field. However, I deem myself more than capable of the role Organism Handler, and I think my experience will prove a necessary positive when compared to other applicants. It's an important position that must be filled! I believe to overlook, or fill the position with a 'brute' if you will, would be a terrible mistake! Admittedly my reasons might be a bit selfish, but I assure you I'm the perfect candidate regardless!

Quote:
2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of.
  • Successfully spliced a Gizka and a Nekarr Cat! Unfortunately, the end result was not quite as anticipated and had to be exterminated to avoid replication.
  • Successfully identified, and removed, one Bothan from the stomach lining of a hungry Rancor. Despite successful extraction neither patient made it.
  • Received one Chiss 'Medal of Recognition' for his extended expertise on all matters of biological study; earned extra high marks in post-mortem examination.

Quote:
3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?
I've earned said achievements with inquisitive approach and an open mind! While others might just see a rabid monstrosity and a venomous maw when they see the Chemilizards of Hutta, I see opportunity! Beautiful potential hid behind a most vile exterior! But rest assured it's there! If I wouldn't do "whatever it takes" I would not be applying today Persistence is one of my many traits!

Quote:
4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?
I think the real question is if I were to come to you with an experiment that could possibly be viewed as, ethically questionable, could I expect a higher level of leniency than I'd otherwise be afforded?

Quote:
5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?
What an excellent inquiry! I could only hope to be so lucky! Not only would it be an excellent opportunity to study a new specimen in a foreign location; my colleague's glaring mistakes would open the steps straight to promotion! In such a situation I would most likely find a spot to conceal myself. If I felt the situation was appropriate I might even call in an unsuspecting research assistant to record the experiment's reaction. Assuming the specimen isn't one that's too hostile I would administer a sedative and return it to its confines after collecting sufficient data.

Maullum
07.16.2013 , 06:13 PM | #184
CZ-198 Application

Position: Security
Name: Stridr Dorvald

I'm a... uh... freelance ex-military mercenary currently operating as a job-by-job basis bodyguard on Nar Shaddaa. No family and no permanent residence. Why do I want to be part of Czerka? Well, it beats not knowing where your next cheque comes from that's for sure. In all honesty, it's the appeal of a fresh start. Since leaving my last post on Tython and renouncing my ties to the Jedi-- I mean military, I've been on the run, alone for quite some time. Having a certifiable home base and a steady stream of work is exactly what I'm looking for. Space is dark and a wholly lonely place. Being constantly moving on whatever transport you can find is tiresome and makes space seem even less friendly. I need a family, and that makes me think I might just need Czerka.

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)
I'm single and childless so that's that. Things I'm proud of? Eliminating a Sith child-recruitment facility on Nar Shaddaa, "aggressive negotiations" and the elimination of three corrupt governors (and in one case a sleeper agent) on Coruscant. Eliminating a Darth before he could be returned to the Empire for PoWs. All three accomplishments, as you may have noticed, are things that the, erm, Republic military do not agree with. Nevertheless, sometimes a hardened heart and a recognition of what needs to be done are necessary. If I were to add one more to the list it would be leaving the Republic. It was hard, but in the end it and her leadership proved that it really doesn't recognise its own threat. In the end, I not only left, but I released myself from protecting it. If the Republic wants to capitulate to the Empire, let it.

I suppose I went a bit long on the last one so I'll keep this short. Yes, I'll do almost whatever it takes. The almost means that I'll still prioritise. For example, a woman hired me to protect her and her son from unknown threats. When the attack came, I had been sent out to bring her son back home. She then called, telling me to come to her aid. I also received a similar message from her son. Naturally, I prioritised the son over the mother, as he was the future of her company (a note she made to me earlier). After ensuring the son's safety, I naturally went back, but unfortunately I was too late. I later learned that they had both set bounties against one another. A fact I now have to legally mention whenever repeating this.

\4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?
No. Do I have strong morals? Absolutely, but the bigger objective comes first. Unless the objective is wholly against my values (like exploding a heavily populated planet for no reason), then I will put the objective first. Even if that takes some distasteful acts.

Attempted capture and reconfinement, if failed, neutralization is the only option. Following that, confinement of the "esteemed colleague" pending an investigation. Then, obviously, a thorough investigation to find responsibility. If said "esteemed colleague" is found to be at fault then interrogation and handing said person to the authorities, if not, release, and attempted capture/reconfinement of the person at fault. Failing that, neutralization. If there is time left, go back to partaking in complimentary snacks. No cocktails, I don't drink.
Both the light and dark are flawed, it is the balance which amazes all.

MokaSith
07.16.2013 , 06:17 PM | #185
1. My travels have taken me to many of the far-flung corners of the galaxy, and in some ways technically beyond those borders. While I'm sure that working for Czerka would present some... interesting challenges, I've seen some pretty rough situations of my own, so I believe I'm up to the task. I have a crew that are more than capable of assisting me in my duties, and they are largely expendable.

• Subjugating a species of indigenous chipmunks
  • Killing a Sith Lord
  • Beating Doctor Lokin at a game of Pazaak

3. As a member of the Empire, I wouldn't say I'm as devoted to the cause as the Sith lapdogs, and I'm very much the architect of my future. That being said, credits never hurt, though I hardly consider myself a mercenary. Shall we call it a fair balance between purpose and price point?

4. It hasn't stopped spinning since Hutta. (This isn't a problem, merely an observation.)

5. If my "esteemed colleague" is nearby, I would encourage them to contain the experiment by urging (read: pushing) them toward it and then returning to getting my snack on. Afterward I would summon one of the Ugnaught janitors to clean up the mess.

GalnarDegana
07.16.2013 , 06:19 PM | #186

You look to be makin' a profit, and where there's a job, I can be counted on for makin' creds or makin' trouble. Depends on my financial interests, ya see. Republic's not...entrepreneurial enough for my tastes. When they bring work, it ain't bad, but the pay could be better. Still, keeps my ship flyin'. Got a crew. Most needs accounted for. Got muscle, a fence, arms dealer, con man, and assassin droid. Most of all, got a quick finger on the trigger and an eye for a deal.

Well, I run a successful business. What kind of business you say? Well, let's just say...I move goods that don't need to be seen. Quickly and quietly. So quiet, most say I haven't done a single bit of smugglin' in my entire career. Those who are smart...and rich...know better...

I have made a lot of connections. Criminals that cross me are put down rather quickly. Not sayin' I personally do it, but I know folks that are in the business of removin' obstacles. I can't help it if they like helpin' me.

Biggest accomplishment so far? I'd say it is the fact I can't peek my head out in civilized Imp space without having it shot at. Made myself quite a pest in them parts. May be more of an accomplishment that I ain't dead yet.

How did I do all of that? Luck, grit, and a good blaster at my side. Two actually. Usually I don't have to do much to accomplish my goals. It is amazin' how thoughtful and cooperative folks can be when they're 'fraid of gettin' shot.

Heh. Most don't know 'nuff to question anythin' I do. But yeah, if the job pays...don't much care what it is.

Shoot it between the eyes and continue eating. Should be more responsible with their goods if they want to keep 'em.

Veldranis
07.16.2013 , 06:26 PM | #187
Security Officer:

As an independent contractor I have acquired a wide variety of skills: from the handling of dangerous materials, to the "handling" of dangerous rogue assets. I feel my experience and skills are a major asset to Czerka. And adding me to their ranks is a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Unfortunately my best accomplishments are still classified.

Most of my achievements where accomplished with subtlety and intelligence, however because of the nature of our chaotic galaxy sometimes I must apply a forceful hand. I have a variety of tools at my disposal, and am willing to use any of them however needed.

No.

A knife plunged quickly and cleanly in a vital area will silence the threat with little to no disturbance to the rest of the guests.

Kalli
07.16.2013 , 06:27 PM | #188
1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family? My name is Darth Kuolemas. As a sith warrior I am more than capable of providing excellent security against those that would want to interfere in any and all assets that Czerka wants protected.

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.) 1. Ascending to the dark council. 2. Removing Republic scum from Makeb. 3. Thwarting the attack on Droumand Kaas by The Shroud.

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success? All that were in my path were simply destroyed. Nobody stops me from completing an objective.

4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable? Morals are for the weak-minded. Doing what is necessary is part of any demanding task and often times demands no less.

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation? If this 'colleague' is a friend and the experiment is part of a common goal then I'd stay close enough to help ensure the situation is contained and controlled. However, if this colleague is a rival and we have nothing in common, nothing would satisfy me more than to see him/her fail so that true progress can continue.

KyouyaKazu
07.16.2013 , 06:30 PM | #189
I have been searching for a job that requires a certain set of skills that I have acquired over my lifetime and apply them to a corporation that will begin moving forward, reliant upon those skills. Why Czerka you may ask? I see this company lasting long into the future, through the highs and lows, but still persevering, ever persistent that it will succeed, it will rise above its competition, and one day be heralded as a corporation above all others. I want to be a part of that, to know that I helped to build it, I was there.

My prior job required that I do whatever it takes to succeed and to live. I, a normal human, not Sith or Jedi, took down the Sith Lord Jadus, the Sith Lord that was over Imperial Intelligence. It scared my employers so much that I was able to accomplish such a feat, that they decided to dominate and control my mind, however, I broke free. I suppose you could say that could be another accomplishment that few have ever attempted and fewer succeed without a broken mind. I suppose my final accomplishment of which you could say I am most proud would be that I was a part of a special strike team compiled of the galaxy's best and brightest to take down the Dread Master Styrak on Darvannis. We took him down, freeing the planet of his corruption and control.

I will do whatever is required or asked of me. I have seen the dark side of people and the good, I have decidedly remained neutral, perhaps a bit withdrawn, but observant. I am always watching people around me, waiting to spot the things that are out of the ordinary should things go awry.

In response to the hypothetical situation, I think the best response would be to delay my entrance to said party, assume control of the situation, lock down the section in which it is supposed to be contained, and from there, subdue via poisons or other mechanics that are at my disposal; or kill the specimen through weapons, jettisoning into space or any other means I may find necessary. After it has been dealt with, I go back to the party, head for the problematic colleague and ask him about his experiment in a most roundabout way. All the while, his answers would be recorded for future reference. Then once he was done, I'd haul him away to see his pet if was still in view, then bring him forward for the discipline to be administrated.
Have you ever felt the presence of an angel? I have. Have you ever watched that angel change…? Into a shadow, a memory a darkness? Have you seen the halo be wiped off like tears? The wings crack and crumble to the dust of our earth to be lost…forever?

BERENZA
07.16.2013 , 06:31 PM | #190
Hello I am Chyron Ideaus.
I am applying for the Security Officer position.
1) The only reason I am applying for this is because I'm bored...
I am a “Jedi” Watchman currently doing mercenary work for the Republic. I was kicked out of the Jedi order for disrespecting the Jedi Counsel on numerous occasions, making fun of the “Hero of Tython,” and the fact that I would rather fight alongside soldiers than with other Jedi. I prefer to do dangerous missions and will try to make them harder for fun (Thrill seeker). I also enjoy a good laugh...

2) Some of my accomplishments include:
Saving Ambassador Assara from Grand Moff Killran, and not jettisoning her out into deep space. (The thought had crossed my mind)
Rescuing Revan from the Maelstrom Prison and killing Grand Moff Killran in the process. ( Revn's a stiff by the way...)
Defeated Karaga the Hutt and his goon squad. (Though I was unable to keep his robot mount/chair thing)
Only notable failure is not being able to tame the “Terror From Beyond” and use it as a war mount...

3) I tend to use a lot of military tactics and the good old fashion “beat the crap out of them” strategy. Though I have been known to take a non-violent stance on occasion.

4) As for your “ Moral Compass” goes: Yes I have that. I will not do anything (on purpose) that would harm an innocent. Secondary effects, unforeseen acts, and beating some sense into someone do not count, we are at war you know... Torture and executions are acceptable when necessary.

5) For your “Hypothetical Situation” really depends on what it is... I mean if it is some Rancor like thing I may try to use it as a war mount. If its like a Rakghoul, then its likely to killed very quickly. Or if it is meant to help people it may just go back in it's cage... or become food, it all depends.
Chyron Ideaus: Force Tactical Wing <Force Disciples>