Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Multicolor Opsframes

alpatalik
07.16.2013 , 11:50 AM | #1
I was considering whether the addition of multicolor opsframes can be added to game during the "quality of life" updates: http://i.imgur.com/88MQkvr.jpg

we have been discussing this on reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...lor_opsframes/) and people came up with following:

Quote:
"I wouldn't mind this as a feature on my healer. But only if I can assign my own colors and it doesn't affect anyone else's UI. On any of my DPS toons it would be quite annoying to have the different colors though."
Quote:
"either generic coloring for classes and then for advanced classes or ops leader can choose to color each role differently."
Quote:
"Or even just the heal/tank/dps tags would be nice. We have them in flashpoints, why not in raid frames?"
Quote:
"This would be a nice option to have for ops in the sense of the color changes as health gets lower, much easier to know who needs heals"
Quote:
"Any implementation of this (ops leader/lt doing it for the raid, automatic by role, personal colorization only) would be a great quality of life improvement.
Quote:
I think I remember reading that some quality of life patches are forth coming this fall? This would be a neat addition."
Please post on this thread if you support this and how anything to add.

Ocho-Quatro
07.16.2013 , 12:11 PM | #2
As someone who does quite a bit of raid-healing..... wow, the headaches I would have!

I can't see what this would benefit..... Arranging raid frames to group healers/tanks/dps isn't really that difficult, and any person of average intelligence should be able to follow it pretty easily. And watching a health bar, regardless of it's color, is not all that difficult either. It's either full or not full. What would the colors represent? A dps at 50% HP is not as much of a crisis as a Tank at 50% HP, since he could get one-shotted by a frontal/cleave, so if it was milestone color changes, it would be to be different by role, and how would you assign that, for classes that can both tank and dps? I guess it could be done at the beginning of a raid by the healer on his own UI (as you listed)... but I still don't see what sort of benefit it would add.

A rainbow of color on my ops frame? That option would get shutoff immediately.
Republic Gentlemen
Apos'trophe - Sage - Apostrophé - Scoundrel - Parentheses - Shadow - Period - Vanguard
Quotation - Sentinel - Proper - Guardian - Period - Commando
Ellipsis - Juggernaut - Asterisk - Mercenary
Period - Operative - Backslash - Assassin
<Häagen-Dazs> / <Ben & Jerry's>
Daiquirí - Scoundrel - Ileítís - Operative
The Punctuation Legacy