Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Total dissapointment in BW CS...

nicosand
07.16.2013 , 08:39 AM | #1
So my 60 day sub ran out today. Tried to get a new one here on the website, which ofcourse didnt happen as I only got an error message. Called your CS, who ofcourse said I had to call my bank to see if the problem was on my end(what a shocker). In the end, since my bank is closed by now, I had to buy a 60 day game card on Origin. Now this would be fine, exept that on Origin, that card costs me 249NOK, but its 199NOK here on the website...

So thanks BW, for running a ****** website, and making me pay 50NOK extra just so I can keep my sub...

Niaymh
07.16.2013 , 09:40 AM | #2
So you rang CS and they told you that there was a problem with your credit card that you would have to sort out with your bank, but your bank is closed, and it's their fault?

They told you what the problem was. It's not their fault your bank is shut or there's a problem with your card.

nicosand
07.16.2013 , 05:26 PM | #3
The point is, mr arrogant, there is no problem on my card. There never has been. Its the website thats the issue...

TMcD
07.16.2013 , 06:44 PM | #4
i have had numerous issues to BW accepting my cards, all of which have adequate funds and are not expired......this is 100% on BW's end

Srual
07.16.2013 , 09:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Niaymh View Post
So you rang CS and they told you that there was a problem with your credit card that you would have to sort out with your bank, but your bank is closed, and it's their fault?

They told you what the problem was. It's not their fault your bank is shut or there's a problem with your card.
Not gonna lie, I lol'd a little

Pantaro
07.16.2013 , 09:48 PM | #6
I'll be another person to back up the OP I've been subbed since launch and same thing happened to me and they didn't even try to help me just claim it was my bank and I definitely called my bank,Just to prove what i already knew it is there website.currently I'm using time cards,which i have never ever done with any MMO.

guess losing subs wasn't enough they throw us away now smh.......

Xevey
07.16.2013 , 10:27 PM | #7
Yup, same problem here. Even PayPal has stopped working for subs. I can buy coins just fine but can't subscribe.

Maxicoman
07.16.2013 , 11:59 PM | #8
After two days of senseless errors, i was forced to buy red. code on origin too...screw you you lazy SWTOR technicians...

MaximusRex
07.17.2013 , 12:15 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by nicosand View Post
The point is, mr arrogant, there is no problem on my card. There never has been. Its the website thats the issue...
Based on what? What message are you getting when you try and run a transaction on the site? If you are getting a decline, that is on your banks end. There is no other way to get a decline.

If the website times out or something, then it might be BioWare, but a decline is 100% the cardholder issuing bank 100% of the time, despite what an ignorant call center rep for that bank might say.

OwenBrooks
07.17.2013 , 01:04 AM | #10
EA ( is all EA games google "EA game NU2001") has a very strict merchant system, one mismatch of details , compared to what is provided as verification for the card will scrub the approval. SWTOR CS are very limited I am afraid in what they can do.

One EU player found his card needed both approval for online purchases and purchases in other countries for example, once he got them he found no further difficulties.

Pre Paid cards are another thing that is difficult as it appears if they do not allow recurring transactions it is declined.
and of course this - http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...18#post6214418
Does nothing for the frustration factor that is for sure.